PDA

View Full Version : Happy GXP New Year!

bracketracer
01-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks to Mother Nature, the recent rains, and warm weather here in Madison, followed by a cold snap, I got to pull the GXP out of hybernation and take it out for a spin yesterday. What was intended to be a little warmup run, turned into an 80 mile jaunt. Hwy 60 from Sauk City to Spring Green is a fun little trip, and reminded me why I love this car so much! Hope you other GXP owners get to enjoy your cars again soon too (if you aren't already!). Happy New Year!

travis gore
01-02-2011, 09:41 AM
glad you were able to have some fun Joe! Happy New Year!

MIEngineer
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Mine is still in storage, wish I had it out this weekend while it was nice though!

At least someone got to enjoy theirs :)

bracketracer
01-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I couldn't resist taking it out. I doubt I will get another opportunity like this until spring. I am glad I have the RS-As for occasions like this, because I imagine the Potenzas would have been a bit loose with such cold air and pavement temps. After I had it nicely warmed up, I may have briefly seen triple digits a couple times. I "hate" when that happens, LOL!

OLD_GOAT
01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Joe, life is good down south. The wife and I went fishing at Galveston last Thursday. I just got some new headers and a 3200 stall and will be taking the car to the track this Friday. Then again, you get to watch Green Bay in the playoffs, while the Texans have the winter off.

AUGAH
01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Go Pack!

Woodys GXP
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I almost did the same thing. By the time I got home from doing some errands, I was watching the weather and decided against it. But MAN I wish I did. I can't stand not driving her.

bracketracer
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Joe, life is good down south. The wife and I went fishing at Galveston last Thursday. I just got some new headers and a 3200 stall and will be taking the car to the track this Friday. Then again, you get to watch Green Bay in the playoffs, while the Texans have the winter off.

Hey Jim! I was born in Biloxi, MS, and grew up in Wichita, KS, so I recall how much less "COLD AS HELL" it can be down there than here. The trade-off is I also remember how hot it got in summer. I can't race in the winter here, but that still gives me a reasonable race season that lasts April to at least late October (often into November).

Sounds like you should be running some awesome times this year with the headers and higher stall. I am still holding out until after warranty to add tune, and cold-air intake, and then later headers and exhaust. I'm sure that I will be able to settle for a mildly modded car that should run mid-12s whenever I go to the track. I still look forward to lining up our GXPs someday, even if you will likely be more modded and beat me! Happy Racing to you!

BigV8
01-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Yes it is great driving mine everyday! Buuut I just picked up a new winter beater, its an 2010 Cobalt LS coupe 5sp manual. With all the discounts GM is giving on this model and my Gm card dollars , I picked it up for 9k. So I guess the GXP won't be seeing the road as often. Hate to see $4 gal gas again, but I'm prepared.