PDA

View Full Version : DBA Brake Rotors - New Everyday Low Prices

Rob@WretchedMS
12-05-2008, 07:21 PM
I have updated all of the prices on ALL DBA rotors, these are not special sale pricing, these are our new everyday pricing.

It is our mission to become your primary choice for DBA Brake Products.

G8-SSV
12-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Still too high..

Rob@WretchedMS
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Some feel that about the price for the G8, but you have one of them.

I thought the prices of DBA rotors were to high when i was looking for them for my GTO, after weighing all of the choices, I found they price wasn't bad for the quality that you were getting.

As with many of the products on my site, I used them as a customer before selling them. If i don't feel a product is one of the best on the market, I don't carry it.

You will never see 'low priced' options on my site for this reason. If you want cheap, there are many places that you can get cheap. However none of them support forums as vendors offering help and knowledge to the sites, and their customer service is not near the level that you will find form most of the vendors on this board.

-Ray-
12-08-2008, 03:36 AM
Well said Rob. Not everyone can afford the options for our G8's.

GRRRR8
12-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Some feel that about the price for the G8, but you have one of them.

I thought the prices of DBA rotors were to high when i was looking for them for my GTO, after weighing all of the choices, I found they price wasn't bad for the quality that you were getting.

As with many of the products on my site, I used them as a customer before selling them. If i don't feel a product is one of the best on the market, I don't carry it.

You will never see 'low priced' options on my site for this reason. If you want cheap, there are many places that you can get cheap. However none of them support forums as vendors offering help and knowledge to the sites, and their customer service is not near the level that you will find form most of the vendors on this board.

Once again, whats good isnt cheap and whats cheap isnt good! Well said Rob.

G8-SSV
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
DBA is DBA
i paid $650 for set(4) 4000XS G8 GT (on sale)
GTO OEM rotors are $170-250 each = $800 set, so DBA 4000 6x6 for $680 for a set was an easy choice
G8 OEM rotors are $120-130 each = $500 set, so a set of DBA 4000SX for $650 was not an easy choice
Considering it’s not even time for replacements yet, makes it even harder to spend money.

Rob@WretchedMS
12-10-2008, 08:56 PM
ok, you have 4 posts, and 2 of your posts are trying to make it seem that i'm charging to much for our DBA rotors.

The 'sale' you are talking about was an unusual deal from JHP, JHP was able to do this for a number of reasons, one of them being the the JHP G8 was in the DBA booth at SEMA. I'm sure that as part of this agreement was they would offer a very very low priced deal.

This is 100% acceptable, and I would do the same thing if roles were reversed, but the fact is, it was a limited time deal, and not an EVERYDAY price.

What i'm trying to do is give everyone a fair price everyday, there will be times when someone may be a bit cheaper, but my prices will try to be very consistant.

What is your screen name on LS1GTO?

G8-SSV
12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
This is the exact thing which I told DBA at the SEMA show.

G8 OEM rotors are $120-130 each = $500 set, so a set of DBA 4000SX for $650 was not an easy choice
Considering it’s not even time for replacements yet, makes it even harder to spend money.

Rob@WretchedMS
12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
as i posted in my reply to this pm you sent

it's ok, if someone can get them at that price i can't say it's a bad thing, but i don't think my post is the best place for your comments on the subject.

Besides, I sell JHP products on my site, they are good people.

maybe it's easier if you only post in one place instead of posting here, then copying and sending me a pm.

G8-SSV
12-10-2008, 09:42 PM
just to be clear, I know your prices are good and as low as can go. My first message was pointed towards dba and not your sale price. I still think dba needs to rework pricing for the rotors. I can justify spending couple hundred bucks extra when I need the rotors but not when the car still has less than 6k miles on it.

todds87ss
12-11-2008, 12:10 AM
it's ok, if someone can get them at that price i can't say it's a bad thing, but i don't think my post is the best place for your comments on the subject.

Besides, I sell JHP products on my site, they are good people.

maybe it's easier if you only post in one place instead of posting here, then copying and sending me a pm.

Since you are posting in the suspension section vice Vendor section, I'd say any comments on the topic are welcome.

Rob@WretchedMS
12-11-2008, 03:50 AM
it was a copy of my pm to him,

but
Just because I post in an area other than my vendor forum, doesn't mean that there should be no rules. It's more common courtesy,

MtbDoc
12-11-2008, 08:00 AM
One of the issues that may be impacting thoughts about pricing of Aussie parts is the shift in the exchange rate over the past few months. Some products were priced with a .8x ratio, rather than the current .6x ratio. As such, a lot of the parts have dropped substantially, but haven't seen similar prices over here. Perhaps that is what the gentleman is suggesting.

Personally, I am REALLY IMPRESSED w/ the DBA information that I have been reading. I bought one of the first Baer GTO brake kits, but honestly I was disappointed to find that I had swapped to a LESSER caliper than I had on the 2005. DBA seems to have come up with an excellent product. Pricing? I don't really know how to judge.