PDA

View Full Version : SuperChips Cortex Deal Anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SRG963
12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
*edit*

goto http://www.superchips.com/product_reference.php?make=gmc&x=16&y=0
for the specific vehicles covered.

-Ray-
12-05-2008, 09:26 AM
You talk to Charlie about this?

SRG963
12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
You talk to Charlie about this?

This has now become a GRRRR8 member deal only, you have to post or PM me at this site to get the deal :)

AusTXGT
12-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Count me in. It sounds like a good first step into the world of performance tuning.

caretaker
12-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Definitely Interested!!

SRG963
12-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Went out testing last night and here's my opinion of the performance tune (so far).

First thing I noticed was the tip in response on the throttle. It takes less pressure now for this baby to move. It's always in the right gear, and it has much more pep. I remember reading that these cars take a day or two to take to the new tune. I didn't believe it, but now I do. The shifting has gotten better and better. After 15-20 WOT's and two days, it shifts perfectly now barking the tires into second. Make sure your in a straight line when that happens BTW. I'm now in the process of locating a dyno for some comparison pulls so I can post MY numbers finally. I was able to walk her sideways in second for the first time, very nice :)

Great thing about the data logging, you can just pull out the Cortex, plug it in while driving, select into what you want to log. It asks you to stop the vehicle if you are still moving, or you hit OK to start if you are sitting still. The log doesn't start until the vehicle moves, and it's much easier than my stop watch method LOL.

cobrakid
12-06-2008, 01:23 PM
....I'm definately in !!!!!

It will have the ability for "US" to tweak the tunes also, like a Predator right?

SRG963
12-06-2008, 01:48 PM
....I'm definately in !!!!!

It will have the ability for "US" to tweak the tunes also, like a Predator right?

This is directly from the website and should apply

* Adjust Shift Points
* Enhance Shift Firmness
* Eliminate Speed Limiter
* Adjust RPM Limiter
* Correct Speedo for taller tires and gear ratio changes
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/Nissan%20on%20fire/SuperChips/PC060375.jpg

wreckwriter
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Is that all?? No advance or anything really engine performance related?

MANOFSTEEL69
12-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Kinda what I thought. Think I'll go with HP tuners and my lap top.

wreckwriter
12-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I can see that it'll be useful. Lots of folks just want a couple little tweaks but aren't after real big performance. Those people will love this. For racers it'll fall short. Too bad.

SRG963
12-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Is that all?? No advance or anything really engine performance related?

I don't think they could offer their 2 year warranty with that level of tweaking :)

SRG963
12-06-2008, 03:58 PM
It appears the Cortex tuner for the G8 GT is now available!

I would think +20.4HP +26.8ft/lb would be the minimum to expect.

I need more people to get the discount, if you are interested you must PM me or post in this thread. I will notify y'all when I have enough interested to qualify for the discount.

wreckwriter
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't think they could offer their 2 year warranty with that level of tweaking :)

Why not? The warranty is on the unit, not your car, right?

roSSco
12-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Why not? The warranty is on the unit, not your car, right?

Industry-Exclusive 2-year powertrain warranty comes with every product at no additional cost

wreckwriter
12-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Industry-Exclusive 2-year powertrain warranty comes with every product at no additional cost

Interesting. That's a nice feature.

cobrakid
12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
....don't know how "they" can offer that ??????
I guess they figure you have a 3 yr warranty already.
...but that mod, should void a warranty ?????

I really would like the adjustability of fuel, and timing !!!!!!!!

SRG963
12-06-2008, 05:08 PM
....don't know how "they" can offer that ?????

They don't over tune your vehicle, no chance of anything breaking ;)

and they don't offer an individual that level of adjustment, that would void the warranty :)

R.Penguin
12-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey folks, I've been chatting with Superchips about our G8 GT's and....

If I can get at least 10 interested members, we can get a group buy purchase directly threw Superchips for their new cortex tuner. I have been talking to them to arrange this because I know a lot of folks are waiting for a hand-held tuner.

I am in the final stage of negotiating this discount while they are in the final stage of testing. It looks like we will get a discount of 20% off plus free shipping. So you will get a deal directly from Superchips by ordering directly from them off their website using a code they supply.

As you may know, the cortex now has 3 tunes, including a gas saver (87) and performance (91) AND gives you real-time data logging on the unit while you drive. The new Cortex tuner will tune both the ECM and TCM (which includes no torque management on upshifts). All the Cortex tuners come with an industry exclusive two-year vehicle powertrain warranty.

This deal is for GRRRR8 members, post here or send me a pm if you are interested.
(which includes no torque management on upshifts).

Mmmmm, no way! :bm:

SRG963
12-06-2008, 05:18 PM
(which includes no torque management on upshifts).

mmmmm, no way! :bm:

way!

Roflmao

2009 San Diego G8
12-06-2008, 05:52 PM
count me in....

2ltrgsr
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
yea we just need to get everyone together for this group deal.

GTPprix
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM

I'd be curious how that works especially after doing such a short development on one vehicle? Hopefully anyone who buys one doesnt want a tune for a CAI or headers ect...

R.Penguin
12-06-2008, 06:14 PM
way!

Roflmao
I'll re-phrase that.

No way for me. Kinda like popping the clutch on every shift. Fun while it lasts. Then it's a race to see what breaks 1st. Sure, there's a warranty, but I'd rather not have my baby in the shop all the time with driveline part failures. Just an opinion. :p

SRG963
12-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Cortex is the latest innovation in a long lineup of world-class Superchips performance programmers and includes an industry first two-year limited powertrain warranty and OEMFLEX tuning. OEMFLEX tuning means if you own multiple vehicles from the same OEM and Superchips provides coverage on them; you can use the Cortex one at a time on all of them.

OEMFLEX e.g.: if you own a Mustang GT as your Monday through Friday driver and a F150 for towing your boat on the weekends. Tune the Mustang GT for enhanced performance and enjoy the extra horsepower. Saturday morning return the Mustang GT to stock and tune the F150 to benefit from the extra torque and optimal transmission settings for towing. Sunday night return the F150 to stock and re-tune the Mustang GT.

The Cortex has the same great features as the best selling Flashpaq and then some including programming up to three performance tuning levels to enhance power, economy, and drivability. Users gain up to 119 RWHP and up to 240 Ft/Lbs torque depending on the vehicle and the calibration chosen. Additional features include saving factory settings; program for performance, towing, or economy; tune transmission settings for improved drivability; read and clear diagnostic trouble codes; adjust speed and RPM limiters; and recalibrate speedometer for tire and gear swaps.

The Cortex product line recently added comprehensive 2008 MY coverage and currently consists of three part numbers covering a broad range of cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. (one part number for all Superchips Ford applications (gas cars, F-Series gas and diesel trucks, and SUVs), one for all GM family applications, and one for all Chrysler/Dodge applications) All three part numbers are available for purchase in retail stores and online.

The Cortex and Flashpaq programmers are essentially never out of date with regular, free updating of the units exclusively at Superchips.com. Superchips consistently re-engineers their calibrations to stay in-line with the new calibration files OEM manufacturers release and makes them available at no cost to their customers.

Whether you need power, performance, drivability, or improved mileage, Cortex from Superchips can provide it. Superchips offers a complete line of hand-held programmers and other performance products for most late-model domestic cars, trucks, and SUVs.

For more information contact:

Superchips, Inc.
1790 E. Airport Blvd
Sanford, FL 32773
Ph: 407-585-7000
www.Superchips.com

SRG963
12-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll re-phrase that.

No way for me. Kinda like popping the clutch on every shift. Fun while it lasts. Then it's a race to see what breaks 1st. Sure, there's a warranty, but I'd rather not have my baby in the shop all the time with driveline part failures. Just an opinion. :p

It's smooth, the shift thrusts you forward with a tire chirp, nothing harsh about it :)

GTPprix
12-06-2008, 06:36 PM
It's smooth, the shift thrusts you forward with a tire chirp, nothing harsh about it :)

LOL I dont think you have any idea how violent inside the transmission that shift is.EVERY single shift algo in that transmission is developed to incorporate it into shift timing; even garage shifts!

I love seeing all of these companies turning it off like its a simple 4 speed trans in which TM was an afterthought rather than being designed as a core feature like the 6 series.

SRG963
12-06-2008, 06:58 PM
LOL I dont think you have any idea how violent inside the transmission that shift is.EVERY single shift algo in that transmission is developed to incorporate it into shift timing; even garage shifts!

I love seeing all of these companies turning it off like its a simple 4 speed trans in which TM was an afterthought rather than being designed as a core feature like the 6 series.

I'm with you on that. I'm more a driver than a tech.

GTPprix
12-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm with you on that. I'm more a driver than a tech.

Trust me most of the time thats where you want to be :)

R.Penguin
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM

I know Chris. Methinks in the next few years we will find out just how much the 6L80E can handle. Personally, I feel that GM has a real winner here, and it will take quite a bit of abuse. Be fun to see how U joints, driveshaft, diff. & axles do on the hi-perf. G8s. Some of the guys with forced induction are way up there torque-wise. And we know they will want to go higher yet. WTF, So would I if I was racing mine.

bwooten492
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
interested.

IXLR8
12-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I had one of the original SC programmers for my Charger. The problem we had was after the tune was installed, it worked great, but it would "fade" over time. You would have to retune your car fairly often. I don't know if this is a Mopar issue, or the way that the parameters are changed by SC. But if your tune was not "locked" by a professional, then the programming would start reverting the parameters back towards factory.

I am fairly certain that the VMS tune locks the values in, does the SC? I do not know enough about the GM ECM's to comment.

Does this reprogram the TCM also? A pretty nifty trick if it does...

I have not heard anyone bring up the subject of the maximum number of times an ECM should be tuned. In other cars like the EVO, problems start in as few as a hundred programmings. Nothing you can do but replace the ECM.

SRG963
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I had one of the original SC programmers for my Charger. The problem we had was after the tune was installed, it worked great, but it would "fade" over time. You would have to retune your car fairly often. I don't know if this is a Mopar issue, or the way that the parameters are changed by SC. But if your tune was not "locked" by a professional, then the programming would start reverting the parameters back towards factory.

I am fairly certain that the VMS tune locks the values in, does the SC? I do not know enough about the GM ECM's to comment.

Does this reprogram the TCM also? A pretty nifty trick if it does...

I have not heard anyone bring up the subject of the maximum number of times an ECM should be tuned. In other cars like the EVO, problems start in as few as a hundred programmings. Nothing you can do but replace the ECM.

I can answer some of that LOL, I'm only testing :)

Not sure about the lock thing, I doubt it since you can swap tunes so easily.

Yes, it flashes both the ECM and TCM

Not heard of a problem with the number times flashed. Are you talking about just flashing it for the track? Trust me, once you have it tuned, you will want it this way all the time!

SRG963
12-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Here are the final figures and options for the G8:

91 Performance: Max HP - 15.16 @5300 RPM

Max TQ - 15.43

87 Performance: Max HP – 12.08 @5600 RPM

Max TQ – 11.34 @5600 RPM

Tunable options:

- Electric cooling fans have 3 cooling settings available down to 180 degrees

- Trans torque management removal

- Shift points can be adjusted by .5mph/50rpm increments

- Rev limiter can be adjusted up from 6100 to 6300 rpm

- Speed limiter can be removed

- Speedo corrections up to 4:10 gears

Additional aftermarket accessories approved and tested:

- Cat Back exhaust

- Performance replacement air filter

wreckwriter
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
no 93 octane tune?

FL_G82
12-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm interested.. I would want a 93 octane option to. Hard to find 91 in my area.

SRG963
12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
no 93 octane tune?

That's what I'm saying! LOL

I'm interested.. I would want a 93 octane option to. Hard to find 91 in my area.

You can run 92 or 93 with a 91 tune. I still want more HP, so a 93 tune would be a good thing.

Chewy
12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah my problem is that it would be OK for most people but some of us more hard core need a bit more of a custom tune. I want my CAI and exhaust taken into consideration more.

Plus having the TQ management on or off is not a good thing IMO. I would rather be able to adjust the amount of it. Normal in drive and say 50% or less in Sport.

Like others have said though. 90% or more people will be happy with the SC method. It's just too generic for me.

Chris

SRG963
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Here's a dyno on a stock GT. First is tune 87, second is 91.
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/G8_87.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/G8_91.jpg

locrzn#92
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM
not bad

bwooten492
12-10-2008, 06:59 AM
so it doesnt offer a 93 tune?

SRG963
12-10-2008, 07:04 AM
so it doesnt offer a 93 tune?

Not yet. I've been asking them for this since day one....I think they will eventually release a 93 tune and it will be free to update.

I will open another thread asking for suggested improvements once more people have the tune.

Feedback is welcome, good or bad :)

I'm getting dynoed on Friday and will post results here.

2ltrgsr
12-10-2008, 07:20 AM
well i just ordered mine....

SRG963
12-10-2008, 07:24 AM
well i just ordered mine....

2 day shipping, you should have it by this weekend :)

2ltrgsr
12-10-2008, 07:33 AM
sweet i can't wait.....hopefully between the us and the board members we can convince superchips to put out a 93oct tune....

SRG963
12-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Just released, The Cortex tuner is now available for the 2009 Pontiac G8 GTs as well as the 2008 models.

Please allow a day of two for the website to update. You can call in your orders as well.

SRG963
12-10-2008, 03:41 PM
So you think this tune is definitely worth the money?

It depends on you, and what your going to do in the future to your car. If you are planning to mod and continue to mod, you're going to need/want a dyno tune to get everything dialed in perfectly.

For the ease of changing from a stock tune to a performance tune or vice versa, I would recommend a hand held tuner. As far as I know, Superchips Cortex is the only one out. They offer a Industry Exclusive 2 Year Powertrain Warranty and that is what made my decision to choose them.

I'm sure there are many other tuners that will get you more HP/TQ. Some could also easily give you the best tune possible, or blow up the engine and destroy the tranny (hopefully none of the later :)) It all comes down to what you will be happy with at the end of the purchase. There is always the 30 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with the tune. I'm not selling them, just offering a deal if you are interested :)

IXLR8
12-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Let me see your dyno numbers when you test on Friday.

I will buy one based on them.

Are you absolutely sure it programs the TCM, as part of the tuning?

Thanks for your hard work getting everyone a deal!

SRG963
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Let me see your dyno numbers when you test on Friday.

I will buy one based on them.

Are you absolutely sure it programs the TCM, as part of the tuning?

Thanks for your hard work getting everyone a deal!

Getting pulled at 1 PM tomorrow :D

100% sure it tunes the Torque Management off on the upshifts (which I love BTW)

Throttle response is improved and the power increase is noticeable.

SRG963
12-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I've noticed that the AFM transition with the tune is much improved.

With the stock tune, I could feel the tranny stutter or bump a little when it would turn off and on. Now with the tune, that stutter it totally gone. There is no hesitation at all :)

SRG963
12-11-2008, 04:37 PM
When you do flash your car with the new tune, all sorts of shit will flash on the dash...ignore it and just follow the instructions. Unplug all accessories before tuning :)

You'll have to turn off your interior lights again (if you like them off w/door open) as they will turn back on with the new tune.

todds87ss
12-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I have 1 concern...My current factory warranty is 5 years powertrain (I believe). This would cut that be 3 years? Hmmm.

SRG963
12-12-2008, 06:24 AM
I have 1 concern...My current factory warranty is 5 years powertrain (I believe). This would cut that be 3 years? Hmmm.

This tune does nothing to your warranty. This is an additional 2 year warranty that Superchips offers with all their Cortex tuners.

It would only void the warranty if you took it into service with the performance tune still installed, and that's only if they found it :)

You always return the car to stock tune before going in for service.

SRG963
12-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Try and find a tuner anywhere that stands behind their tune with a 2 year warranty.

bwooten492
12-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I WILL be getting one of these, but I have one question.... Can this tuner do the factory updated to the tranny or are they not needed with it? ( does it have a completely new tranny tune or is it an updated stock tune?)

SRG963
12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I WILL be getting one of these, but I have one question.... Can this tuner do the factory updated to the tranny or are they not needed with it? ( does it have a completely new tranny tune or is it an updated stock tune?)

I'm not sure, I think it would be best to have the service department perform the update, then tune. Superchips is always updating with the latest OEM updates also, so it may apply. May want to shoot them a question threw the website or call them directly to get a better answer.

SRG963
12-12-2008, 12:29 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/PC120381.jpg
They need to do some fine tuning looks like. Running very rich :)

You could run a power adder with that kind of A/F ratio.

SRG963
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Questions to Superchips and the response I got :)

1. Will we have a 93 tune?

At this time no due to the fact that not all states have 93 to work with.

2. Will we be able to turn off and on the up-shift torque management?

See my final statement at the bottom.

3. What is the top speed limited to with the tunes?

Top speed is set for 225MPH. Basically removed or at least the speed number is unachievable.

4. Will there be specific tunes for specific mods, like LT and ST headers, cams, hi-flow cats, etc...?

See info below on this one.

5. What kind of MPG does the 87 tune get and is this the gas saver tune?

We do not have any specific feedback on mileage gains for the G8 at this time. We take data from users feedback to give us an idea what the overall numbers are and at this time we do not have any feedback to go on. Hopefully you and the others can help us out with that. If I were to guess by what other comparable vehicles have received in the past I would say 1-2 cruising on the highway. In town mileage will probably not show much of any due to the nature of the conditions with stop and go traffic.

6. Will we be able to adjust the A/F ratio to some degree?

Probably not due to our emissions stance.

7. Will we be able to adjust the timing to some degree?

No, only because we preset the info to keep the vehicle safe for liability purposes.

8. Will this work on the 6.2L GXP version coming out in 2 months?

I will need to get back to you on that one.

*****Some of the options you mentioned above can be addressed. Superchips is wanting to have the product in the hands of users before they gather feedback and suggestions. Superchips can get an idea what is most important so that we can address them down the line of importance.

I will tell you that Superchips is taking a stand at being completely emissions legal so that rules out tuning for long tube headers, offroad cams, and emissions deletion of any kind.

Feel free to suggest and opinionize :) is that a word?

wreckwriter
12-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Based on their answers it's nothing more than a toy, pretty much useless for any real performance. Too bad.

Chewy
12-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Based on their answers it's nothing more than a toy, pretty much useless for any real performance. Too bad.

Agreed! Happy to go with VMS. They can set my car up pretty much ANY WAY I want it.

Chris

SRG963
12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
:spank:
I think they may add some features according to customer feedback, at least that is what they said.

That torque curve is fulgy, I'll be the first to say it. They need to smooth it out, and it's running rich. That red dotted line is at 12.8, they need to tweak the tune to match. I have brought this to their attention today and I'm hoping to hear from them soon (it's now the weekend).

They may need a little time to get things corrected, that's fine as long as they DO correct it. I will keep everyone updated and have more dyno pulls to compare. Turns out, I'm almost neighbors with one of the guys that works there. Has some pretty nice Stangs.

Remember about your 30 day money back guarantee if you are not happy. I want every one to be happy, I don't care about the sales of any manufactures products.

bwooten492
12-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow I was sold on it but now I'm not sure. Their answers were less than satisfying. Its apparently not even a good tune.

richie854
12-12-2008, 07:28 PM
The dyno shows the max power at 324 rwhp but what was the increase in power due to the Superchips tune?

SRG963
12-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Wow I was sold on it but now I'm not sure. Their answers were less than satisfying. Its apparently not even a good tune.

It's a good decent tune. It's really safe, and that is what I have a problem with LOL They can lean it out quite a bit and still be safe.

I just got running around a little with a 3/4 tank of gas and my 12" sub bumpin in the trunk running a constant repeatable back to back 5.00 0-60 runs. I think if I loose the sub, and trunk junk (spare and cover) I'll be in the high 4's easy with this tune. This is all on flat country road with dirt and slippage.

I'm going back out in a little bit, I think I can break into the 4's tonight :)

SRG963
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
worthless without pictures :)
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/PC120386.jpg

SRG963
12-12-2008, 07:38 PM
The dyno shows the max power at 324 rwhp but what was the increase in power due to the Superchips tune?

I'm going to go back to the dyno soon. I had a problem, they were late, and it was Friday! I just ran the tune and posted the best number. I ran 6 times and the lowest was a 319 HP. I know another member was going to dyno test also, he may beat me to it :)

I think the average is 292-305 stock?

wreckwriter
12-13-2008, 04:42 AM
They're keeping the tune whimpy because of the powertrain warranty. They should lose the warranty and provide a better tune in my opinion.

bwooten492
12-13-2008, 05:33 AM
They're keeping the tune whimpy because of the powertrain warranty. They should lose the warranty and provide a better tune in my opinion.

Agreed.

-Ray-
12-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll keep my Vector tune.

IXLR8
12-14-2008, 05:36 AM
Was ready to buy one immediately. But I will explore other avenues first. The idea of being able to restore a stock tune for the dealer, is very tempting, but the performance is not quite there.

There is a lot to a tune besides raw dyno numbers. If they honor the 30 day money back warrranty, I may indeed evaluate it. The overall package of tuning + TCM adjustments may make it worthwhile.

It took a full 6 month for SC to get the tune right in my Charger, before I felt I could recommend it, then the Diablo tuner came out an blew them away. Everyone buys the Diablo Tuner for Chargers, same type, better performance....

Maybe SC can win back some reputation with the G8 product!

It appears that Diablo Sport does not have a competing tune, but they have one that supports LS3's. It may be worth a gander just for comparison purposes
Diablo Sport (G8 not supported, yet) (http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=83)

SRG963
12-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Superchips Return / Refund Policy

If for any reason during the first thirty (30) days after your purchase of a new Superchips product, you may return it to the place of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price, credit or a replacement Product at the dealer’s discretion. This Guarantee does not apply to products purchased from on-line Internet auctions nor does it apply to Products purchased used. Follow these procedures to get your refund, credit or replacement.

1. If you are returning a MicroTuner or Flashpaq, use the MicroTuner or Flashpaq to return your vehicle to the stock settings for the vehicle. Instructions are included in the user manual.

2. Put the Product back in its original packaging.

3. Make a copy of your sales receipt. The sales receipt must be from the location where you purchased your Product and must include the name of the business, its address, and the part number or description of the applicable Superchips Product. Invoices, credit card statements, or sales receipts from an online payment service company will not be accepted.

4. Return the Product in its original packaging with a copy of the sales receipt to the place of purchase.

To anyone thinking about this tuner, try it out. If you don't like it, you can return it within 30 days.

locrzn#92
12-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Srg you've put a lot of work into this with superchips. I hope you get it worked out and it appears that with the way your talking, they will get some more power and performance down the line. Good luck.

SRG963
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Superchips is currently working on different torque management settings and is looking at a 93 tune option. They are also looking at the ability to disable the AFM or DOD. I have suggested them to optimize the A/F ratio to 12.8-12.9, and hope they make that change also.

All suggestions are welcome. Superchips has to stay CARB legal on their products, so keep that in mind when suggesting future options.

screw991le
12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
When they get TM tweaks and a 93 octane, more aggressive tune, I might be interested.

THIRSTYCREW
12-20-2008, 04:27 PM
:pee: I'm with you!

When they get TM tweaks and a 93 octane, more aggressive tune, I might be interested.

SRG963
12-21-2008, 09:27 AM

I hope this is first on their list :) as it should be

Slizzo
12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
This looks pretty good to me. I've got a lease vehicle right now, so any mods to my car are very minor for the moment. Being able to revert to stock for dealer visits greatly entices me to get this.

I may have to wait for the 93 tune though, as the only stations that carry 91 are Citgos around here, and it's not worth it to me to have to buy 91 anyway. I'd rather just pump 93 in my car, and if I'm going to do that, then I'm going to want the 93 octane tune to go along with it.

SLVRG8GT
12-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Cortex code is still good and will get you 20% off plus free shipping, PM me for the code :)

Thanks Shawn, ordered mine today. :woohoo: Good deal, and get beat the free upgrades off the website and being able to reflash to stock if need be for the dreaded dealer visits. :hang:

Greg@PacePerformance
12-29-2008, 07:43 AM
I know I am a little late into this but we are/were a Superchips dealer. We dropped them as a vendor because we couldn't move their product.

I looked up our cost and if there were about 10 people that wanted it we could order them and ship to you guys. $335 + shipping. Would come out to about the same price.

Edit. LOL see what I get for only reading part of the thread. I didn't see everyone was ordereing :p

Slizzo
12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Alright, got the OK to purchase this from the better half. Got it ordered and I hope it gets here quick!

Thanks SRG!

misterjuice
12-30-2008, 05:36 PM
I is interested

richie854
12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Mine arrived UPS

royonic
01-02-2009, 02:43 PM
been a week since I ordered... nothing! I realize it is the holidays but UPS is running everyday but the obvious.

richie854
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
It took 8 days from the day I ordered but I am on the west coast. You should have received a tracking number to check the delivery date.

Slizzo
01-04-2009, 08:20 AM
been a week since I ordered... nothing! I realize it is the holidays but UPS is running everyday but the obvious.

If you look at the site they say nothing will be shipping from the holiday week until the 5th of Jan...

misterjuice
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Ordered......... WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Slizzo
01-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Someone??? LOL

PM Sent :D

Hey Shawn, got a Q for you...

Did SuperChips get a large amount of orders over this past week? I know orders were supposed to start being packed and shipped on Monday, but as of now, I still haven't received anything but an order confirmation. No charges have hit my card yet, and SuperChips apparently doesn't deem it necessary to put an order status feature on their site....

:boxing:

EDIT: Nevermind, JUST got my tracking information over lunch today....

SRG963
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey Shawn, got a Q for you...

Did SuperChips get a large amount of orders over this past week? I know orders were supposed to start being packed and shipped on Monday, but as of now, I still haven't received anything but an order confirmation. No charges have hit my card yet, and SuperChips apparently doesn't deem it necessary to put an order status feature on their site....

:boxing:

EDIT: Nevermind, JUST got my tracking information over lunch today....

Glad to hear your order is on it's way :cheers:

FYI: I only have a code for the discount, I don't work for them :)

GRRRR8
01-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I am glad to see this is going well. Keep us all posted on results and upgrades as they come available.

bwooten492
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I am glad to see this is going well. Keep us all posted on results and upgrades as they come available.

I LOST 4 HP and 8 TQ. Needless to say it was shipped out the next day and I got the car dyno tuned.

GRRRR8
01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
It is what it is B. Thats what people want to know and what Superchips needs to know early on also.

norm8332
01-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I LOST 4 HP and 8 TQ. Needless to say it was shipped out the next day and I got the car dyno tuned.

What are the numbers with the SC tune? Just curious, I'm using HP tuners now and I'm happy.

SRG963
01-08-2009, 03:56 AM
What are the numbers with the SC tune? Just curious, I'm using HP tuners now and I'm happy.

So far, the Superchips tuner is geared towards the stock GT.
With everything stock, gain is 15/15 on the 91 tune (12/12 on 87).
They are looking at adding the 93 tune and adjustable TM settings, which is what I'm most interested in.
They are also needing to tweak the air to fuel ratio as it was running very rich on my last dyno.

Be sure to tell Superchips your experience with the tune. Loosing is never good!

Is that 4/8 loss from a stock dyno?

I will check with my contact to see about upcoming updates :)

bwooten492
01-08-2009, 09:38 AM

Yeah we did a baseline dyno then put the SC tune on it and it lost power. At that point we called the tuner in and I gain 19HP over the SC tune using EFI live, and the Trans is tuned.

bwooten492
01-08-2009, 09:53 AM
So far, the Superchips tuner is geared towards the stock GT.
With everything stock, gain is 15/15 on the 91 tune (12/12 on 87).
They are looking at adding the 93 tune and adjustable TM settings, which is what I'm most interested in.
They are also needing to tweak the air to fuel ratio as it was running very rich on my last dyno.

Be sure to tell Superchips your experience with the tune. Loosing is never good!

Is that 4/8 loss from a stock dyno?

I will check with my contact to see about upcoming updates :)

It was a loss from the intake and exhaust to intake exhaust tune on the same day. The dynos were back to back with a cool down period. The SC tune is crazy rich. The whole dyno room smelled like gas. I just got a dyno tune and sent the other back. I'm still waiting on my money though.... :spank:

Chewy
01-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah we did a baseline dyno then put the SC tune on it and it lost power. At that point we called the tuner in and I gain 19HP over the SC tune using EFI live, and the Trans is tuned.

WOW! Makes me happy I went with Vector!

:)

SRG963
01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
It was a loss from the intake and exhaust to intake exhaust tune on the same day. The dynos were back to back with a cool down period. The SC tune is crazy rich. The whole dyno room smelled like gas. I just got a dyno tune and sent the other back. I'm still waiting on my money though.... :spank:

Yeah, crazy rich is right! :( You could slap a turbo on and be fine LOL

The GM engineer at Superchips has been forwarded my emails. I've asked him for a 93 performance tune, adjustable TM settings, AFM delete, and for the A/F ratio 12.8 - 12.9.

Please feel free to call or email them, the more feedback the better IMO.

bwooten492
01-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah, crazy rich is right! :( You could slap a turbo on and be fine LOL

The GM engineer at Superchips has been forwarded my emails. I've asked him for a 93 performance tune, adjustable TM settings, AFM delete, and for the A/F ratio 12.8 - 12.9.

Please feel free to call or email them, the more feedback the better IMO.

Honestly I'm done with them. I just want my money back. The only thing I liked about the SC tune was the way it shifted. However, I do think there was too much line pressure with their tune and I bet we see some SC tuned trannys going out. :twocents:

SRG963
01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
From what the Superchips GM Engineer has said, the Adjustable TQ management is being worked on as I type and possibly will be available at the beginning of February.

The DOD/AFM delete and 93 octane file are attainable but he was not given a time line to complete at this time. So it's in the works :)

Hopefully they will adjust the A/F ratios and make this a good tune for the average (low mod) daily driver.

Slizzo
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Sigh...

Just got my Cortex in tonight. Can't use the Superchips Update program, I'm getting Invalid Session errors and Login Denied errors left and right.

Stupid thing won't even send me a validation email.

Needless to say, I've shot superchips an email and await their answers.. Not the way I would have wanted this to start.

Oh, and in addition to that, they haven't got this thing working for Vista 64-bit yet. Word of warning to those of you using the OS.

SRG963
01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Sigh...

Just got my Cortex in tonight. Can't use the Superchips Update program, I'm getting Invalid Session errors and Login Denied errors left and right.

Stupid thing won't even send me a validation email.

Needless to say, I've shot superchips an email and await their answers.. Not the way I would have wanted this to start.

Oh, and in addition to that, they haven't got this thing working for Vista 64-bit yet. Word of warning to those of you using the OS.

Vista may be your problem, go ahead and try to tune the car, it may be loaded already. The only update is the data logging for now. Also may try to use a friends PC if possible??? Just throwing ideas out there.

Let us know if it's good out of the box with no update, mine was :)

Slizzo
01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Update program wouldn't install on my pc, I had to install it on my girlfriends XP machine. That's where I was getting the errors at.

I'll probably be trying to tune tomorrow anyway, I'll let you know how it does.

SRG963
01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I'll probably be trying to tune tomorrow anyway, I'll let you know how it does.

I don't see how you can wait, I had mine tuned 15 min after the mail jeep drove off LOL

Slizzo
01-10-2009, 05:05 AM
I don't see how you can wait, I had mine tuned 15 min after the mail jeep drove off LOL

I'll give you a hint, it's really REALLY cold outside....

That, and icy... :)

royonic
01-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Sigh...

I am having the same problem...

Slizzo
01-10-2009, 05:55 AM
I did a bit of googling last night, you'll have to get in contact with SuperChips and give them the low down, they'll be able to force your activation and get you on.

Likely will have to wait until Monday to update my Cortex, but I'll be trying to tune the car today none-the-less.

SRG963
01-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I did a bit of googling last night, you'll have to get in contact with SuperChips and give them the low down, they'll be able to force your activation and get you on.

Likely will have to wait until Monday to update my Cortex, but I'll be trying to tune the car today none-the-less.

Let us know how everything goes.

I'll give you a hint, it's really REALLY cold outside....

That, and icy... :)

Icy roads suck, be careful out there

misterjuice
01-10-2009, 04:06 PM
yes got my cortex yesterday, having same issue with trying to register. glad i'm not the only one.

SRG963
01-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Seems that I suffer from CRS and have locked myself out from the update LOL

I've got a email into my contact to help me out and I've also mentioned the Vista problem.

Hope they solve both quickly.

Slizzo
01-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, as far as what I have seen is that they've gotten the update utility to work in Vista x86 (32-bit version) and are working on getting it working for the 64-bit version.

Had to wait until possibly tomorrow to tune my car. I had to go into work for a few hours today (re-cabling the datacenter. Oh Joy...) and it was starting to snow by the time I left at around 2PM.

Hopefully it's clear enough out tomorrow that I can tune and find a nice deserted parking lot or road.

SRG963
01-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Yeah, as far as what I have seen is that they've gotten the update utility to work in Vista x86 (32-bit version) and are working on getting it working for the 64-bit version.

Had to wait until possibly tomorrow to tune my car. I had to go into work for a few hours today (re-cabling the datacenter. Oh Joy...) and it was starting to snow by the time I left at around 2PM.

Hopefully it's clear enough out tomorrow that I can tune and find a nice deserted parking lot or road.

Be sure to take it easy on gear shifts when it's icy/snowy out. With the tune, you will have the upshift torque management off, so the tires will spin 75% to WOT guaranteed :D

misterjuice
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm liking it.....throttle is much more responsive, and the upshifts are crisp. the difference between normal and sport mode is more noticable now, and DOD engagement is less noticable. I'm gonna have to throw on the New Era OTR and Pypes catback and see where the car is. may be I won't need the Magnacharger after all.

-Ray-
01-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Be sure to take it easy on gear shifts when it's icy/snowy out. With the tune, you will have the upshift torque management off, so the tires will spin 75% to WOT guaranteed :D

Are you saying you have no torque management?

Slizzo
01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
IIRC, the SuperChips tune turns off TM on upshifts only.

I just tuned the car this morning, seems to have a little more pep on my commute in, I rolled into the gas to WOT this morning once from a light, and with Stability control and Traction control ON the car was intervening before the 1-2 shift, and again after the 1-2 shift. Once all this sand and such gets cleaned up I think I'll be having LOTS of fun. :woohoo:

SLVRG8GT
01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I had the same registration problem you all had. I called tech support and they fixed it right away. They send you an email and put a code in it. You read it off to the tech and they manually confirm your account. You can then login and do the updates. They said the reg issue should be resolved shortly :eyeroll:

After doing the updates I plugged it in my car, followed the instructions and did a backup of the stock settings. Completed sucessfully! :) I felt better now if anything goes wrong I can always install the stock flash. Honestly this is one of the major reasons I decided to try this tuner any with the discount code was a bargain.

Now I started with the updates. After chosing the settings the cortex built the file and installed the ECM and TCM updates. During the install it was scaring the shit outta me, all the lights on the dash were going nuts during the update. :shutup: Especially the dreaded Dealer Service Light!! :shutup:

Needless to say my worries were unfounded as once complete and unplugging the device everything was fine! :)

So I just came back from a spin after warming her up I saw a difference immediately. The engine is alot more responsive to the throttle and the tranny is shifting like a different car. :clap: I'm getting nice little chips in second gear now :)

I'd like to see the 93 octaine tune soon because thats all I put in her. If the 91 tune is any indication I sure I'll be happy. The only mod my car has is a CAI made by AFE. Heres a few pics of the AFE and cortex.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130058_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130056_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130053_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130054_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130052_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130051_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2677/261/31690130050_large.jpg

And Just To Be A Pic Whore. Here's My Ride.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/3169000-3169999/3169013_30_full.jpg?184315-284
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/3169000-3169999/3169013_40_full.jpg?253715-284
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/3169000-3169999/3169013_38_full.jpg?184315-284

I give more feedback on the tune in a few days.

royonic
01-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I was able to update my tuner tonight... the registration is fixed. all I had to do was reset my password.

SRG963
01-15-2009, 03:56 AM
I was able to update my tuner tonight... the registration is fixed. all I had to do was reset my password.

Good to hear/read :)

SRG963
01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Good news, I'm trying out the Torque Management Adjustability option and the AFM / DOD (on/off) option this weekend!

I'll fill everyone in once I get some time behind the wheel.

These new options are not yet available, but should be next week with my OK.

wreckwriter
01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Good news, I'm trying out the Torque Management Adjustability option and the AFM / DOD (on/off) option this weekend!

I'll fill everyone in once I get some time behind the wheel.

These new options are not yet available, but should shortly with my OK.

Pretty cool that we get our updates from the guy that's testing this stuff first hand!

SRG963
01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Pretty cool that we get our updates from the guy that's testing this stuff first hand!

I'm glad I'm able to help other members out getting a good deal and a better hand held tuner.

Plus I get to try all the new options out first :nah:

lol

misterjuice
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
i was hoping for the tq mgmt adjustment.....all the way off is a little rough for my taste.

SRG963
01-17-2009, 07:28 AM
The new options are not yet available, but improvements to the tune have been made. You can update your tuner, then update your tune (not having to change any advanced settings).

The lurch forward at stops is now GONE!

As always, give the car 2 days to fully adjust to the new tune.

I will let everyone know when the Torque Management Options and AFM/DOD Delete is available:) :lock:

MojaveG8
01-19-2009, 05:56 AM
That is sounding better and better. Everytime I think I have my mind made up on a tune I change it again.

SRG963
01-19-2009, 06:08 AM
That is sounding better and better. Everytime I think I have my mind made up on a tune I change it again.

That's what makes forums grrrr8.

Consumers get all the facts so they can compare and decide what suites them :woohoo:

I like the ability to change back to a stock tune in 5 min in case a dealer visit is made.
I really like the new options they are adding as well!

SRG963
01-19-2009, 06:11 AM
and Superchips want's the consumer to be happy, that is why they offer a 30 day money back guarantee :)

SRG963
01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Posted some pictures over here
http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=38287#post38287

They have made some other improvements to the tune as well.

I hope they release this to the public soon.

FL_G82
01-23-2009, 08:37 AM
93 octane tune anytime soon?

SRG963
01-23-2009, 09:36 AM
93 octane tune anytime soon?

Man, I hope so. I've been asking for this since day one.
I asked again this morning along with CAI specific tunes :)

SRG963
01-23-2009, 01:28 PM
To all that have waited for Torque Management option and the AFM/DOD delete option,
you only have another 3 days to wait :bm:

Unofficial release date will be Monday, Jan. 26th (not sure, try after 9AM) :woohoo:

I didn't have to choose the new options, they automatically downloaded to my tuner. I think it will be the same way with everyone.

SRG963
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
If I may suggest, the first time you program the shift torque, try 50%-75%.

SLVRG8GT
01-23-2009, 07:36 PM
To all that have waited for Torque Management option and the AFM/DOD delete option,
you only have another 3 days to wait :bm:

Unofficial release date will be Monday, Jan. 26th (not sure, try after 9AM) :woohoo:

I didn't have to choose the new options, they automatically downloaded to my tuner. I think it will be the same way with everyone.

Counting the hours.

:watch::drunk::bye:

SRG963
01-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I want a smooth shift unless I'm WOT, 50% is the perfect amount for this IMO.
She shifts like a BMW until I put my foot down, then it's off to the races.

I'm am still getting a nice bark going into second and third, even at 50%. I haven't tried above 100%, but it's offered if your crazy enough to use it. I think 100% should be the max amount, and I even told that to Superchips. They insist that it's safe up to their max settings, so only time will tell.

SLVRG8GT
01-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Just plugged in my Cortex and got some sort of update. Gonna plug it in the car and see what we got here :woohoo:

SLVRG8GT
01-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Just plugged in my Cortex and got some sort of update. Gonna plug it in the car and see what we got here :woohoo:

Damn just checked the options and looks like nothings changed yet.

:notworking::poof:

SRG963
01-25-2009, 06:59 AM
Damn just checked the options and looks like nothings changed yet.

:notworking::poof:

LOL

Yeah, the update will be out MONDAY :)

What you did update was a better tune, you just don't have the added options. Go ahead and tune your car, I think you'll like the improvements.

norm8332
01-25-2009, 07:09 AM
SRG, It might have been asked before, but is it possible with that tuner to program either the engine or the trans, or does it automatically do both?

Also, I was wondering if the tune is locked. In other words do you think that after the tune is put it, could it be further modified with HP tuners etc.

I'm asking because I might be interested in the engine portion as a base tune but not the transmission.

SRG963
01-25-2009, 07:14 AM
SRG, It might have been asked before, but is it possible with that tuner to program either the engine or the trans, or does it automatically do both?

Also, I was wondering if the tune is locked. In other words do you think that after the tune is put it, could it be further modified with HP tuners etc.

I'm asking because I might be interested in the engine portion as a base tune but not the transmission.

I'm sure it's locked down, and yes it programs both the ECM and TCM with each tune. You could select the stock settings for the TCM, or ECM and tune, and that would be like keeping the stock settings for each portion. I don't think you could read the tune with HPT either, but you could try. You can also get a stock file from NEP, and Kirk may also have something along those lines, for a starter tune.

norm8332
01-25-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm sure it's locked down, and yes it programs both the ECM and TCM with each tune. You could select the stock settings for the TCM, or ECM and tune, and that would be like keeping the stock settings for each portion. I don't think you could read the tune with HPT either, but you could try. You can also get a stock file from NEP, and Kirk may also have something along those lines, for a starter tune.

Oh, I figured this was most likely the case. I have a NEP base tune now. I'm going have NEP do some headers and a dyno tune in the spring anyways. Thanks for the info.

SRG963
01-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Today's the day!

I'm not sure what time exactly the new updates will be released today.
I would think after noon, the updates should be available.

If you update your tuner, and see the new options, please post to inform other members.

Thanks

FL_G82
01-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Again I ask. Will there be a 93 octane tune? What about a setup for the VaraRam intake.

SRG963
01-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Again I ask. Will there be a 93 octane tune? What about a setup for the VaraRam intake.

Again I answer, Yes, there will be a 93 tune. They have the file made already, but it's not going to be released in the near future. Superchips Cortex will tune most GM vehicles, so it's not just made for our G8. They have the entire 2009 GM lineup to look at and tune as well.

I would assume that we should see a 93 tune by mid year at the latest.

This also applies with the specific CAI tunes, it will be down the line a bit.

SLVRG8GT
01-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Today's the day!

I'm not sure what time exactly the new updates will be released today.
I would think after noon, the updates should be available.

If you update your tuner, and see the new options, please post to inform other members.

Thanks

11AM EST No update yet! :whistle:

SRG963
01-26-2009, 08:30 AM

Bummer, I'll send a email to my contact to check status.

FL_G82
01-26-2009, 08:41 AM
ok. thanks. I'm going to get the VaraRam intake, so I'll just wait on the tuner.

SRG963
01-26-2009, 09:03 AM

I was just told later this afternoon and that I would get a email when it's ready.

I will let everyone know, again. LOL

SLVRG8GT
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I was just told later this afternoon and that I would get a email when it's ready. I will let everyone know, again.

:eyeroll:

SRG963
01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Udates are now Ready
Feedback Welcome

SLVRG8GT
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Udates are now Ready
Feedback Welcome

Got the update. :woohoo: Torque mgmt set to 50% as suggested. Left AFM on for now. Installed the latest 91 octane setting and speed limiter. Will take for a test drive and let you know.

:thumbsup:

misterjuice
01-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before....but did the original tune (before yesterday's update) turn off AFM?

SLVRG8GT
01-27-2009, 03:57 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before....but did the original tune (before yesterday's update) turn off AFM?

No it did not. The new 2.0 version does :)

SRG963
01-27-2009, 04:08 AM
No it did not. The new 2.0 version does :)

How's the new settings?

royonic
01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
I set the tm to 50% as well, and when my trans shifts to 2nd, the car wants to go sideways unless I am in a straight line. I have 210lbs in my trunk for the winter and the car still slips the tires in 2nd and some in 3rd. I love this new tune, but I will have to re-learn how to drive my G8!

SRG963
01-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I set the tm to 50% as well, and when my trans shifts to 2nd, the car wants to go sideways unless I am in a straight line. I have 210lbs in my trunk for the winter and the car still slips the tires in 2nd and some in 3rd. I love this new tune, but I will have to re-learn how to drive my G8!

It will shift smoothly when less than 50% throttle is applied.

You can always monitor your throttle position on your DIC with engineering mode on. To turn on engineering mode, hold down the enter button (wheel on left) while turning key in ignition to on. You can even remote start the car, and as long as you hold down the enter key while you turn the ignition key, it will always turn on.

If you feel that you need more management, you can set the Shift Torque to 25%, or back to the stock setting when driving in winter conditions.

SLVRG8GT
01-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Well lets see. The shifting seems to be a less jerky at 50% then the previous settings with TQ Mgmt off. (Suprise) I like it better. Nice firm shifts with a bark in 2nd and WOT shifts down nicely and vrooommm I'm off to the races. The response from the throttle on takeoff feels better as well with the new settings and my CAI. I just drove to work today and didnt get a chance to really run it through the paces. Damn morning traffic but I'll play with it on the way home and give you more input. Overall I am more satisfyed with this updated tune then with the previous one.

If possible can you find out exactly what they updated outside of the obvious DOD on/off and the TQ Mgmt Setting options? Did they adjust the A/F settings? Any other changes to the engine tune?

Much appreciated! :)

SRG963
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
If possible can you find out exactly what they updated outside of the obvious DOD on/off and the TQ Mgmt Setting options? Did they adjust the A/F settings? Any other changes to the engine tune?

I know they took out the stop lurch.

I'll ask, but not sure if they will share that info with me.

So, are you happy with the torque settings?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next line of attack, is the 93 octane tune!

Feel free to email Superchips directly asking for the 93 Octane tune.

The squeaky wheel gets oiled first, or something like that.

SLVRG8GT
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Very happy with the TQ settings. I like having the ability to choose which one i like at the given moment. The 50% seems fine to me, I'll play with the higher settings as well soon.

In regards to the 93 tune (which I use in my car anyway) I'll email superchips, my congressman, or whoever else I need to get this done. Would be nice to have it for spring time and the track!

:zing:

Slizzo
01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Agreed with all, re-tuned the car this morning with 50% TQM on (we just got slammed with snow... again...) and the car is much better/safer in the snow now. No snap gear changes that break the wheels loose while accelerating. I also like that it's smoother in my day-day driving.

Once the weather clears up again I'll be able to more fully explore the improvements, but this is pretty much exactly the reason why I wanted a superchips programmer, I can update my tunes or return to stock whenever I like!

SRG963
01-28-2009, 01:52 PM
If Shift Torque is set to 50%, a Superchips tuned G8 GT will shift smoothly when less than 50% throttle is applied. Then once you put your foot into it, she turns into an animal.

You can always monitor your throttle position on your DIC with engineering mode on. To turn on engineering mode, hold down the enter button (wheel on left) while turning key in ignition to on. You can even remote start the car, and as long as you hold down the enter key while you turn the ignition key, it will always turn on.

If you feel that you need more management, you can set the Shift Torque to 25%, or back to the stock setting when driving in winter conditions.

misterjuice
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I like it at 50%.......with the old tune, the car would snap sideways when i'm in a low speed corner as it upshifts from 1-2 or 2-3 it was cool but i don't need to attract attention from Buford T. Justice.

SRG963
01-29-2009, 04:12 AM
.......with the old tune, the car would snap sideways when i'm in a low speed corner as it upshifts from 1-2 or 2-3 it was cool but i don't need to attract attention from Buford T. Justice.

Great thing about the Cortex tuner is that you can up the Shift Torque % and have all that sideways action back in a flash. Only takes like 5 min to re-tune to the settings you want.

You can achieve some wonder drifting with the Shift Torque at 100% or above.

SRG963
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM

I think they extended the AFM a little, seems like I can keep mine engaged longer now.

I emailed Superchips and asked exactly what they did besides the updates. I have not heard back yet.

misterjuice
01-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah before I was getting crappy gas mileage... like avg about 18.5 for the whole tank......now i'm getting 21.5 avg even with a 10 min auto start every morning. Nicely done.

SRG963
01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Yeah before I was getting crappy gas mileage... like avg about 18.5 for the whole tank......now i'm getting 21.5 avg even with a 10 min auto start every morning. Nicely done.

LOL, That's exactly what I'm getting, 21.5 average :headbang:

SLVRG8GT
01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I emailed Superchips and asked exactly what they did besides the updates. I have not heard back yet.

I emailed them also. I'd like to know from thier mouths to my ears what this tune does. The website has no info on the G8 except that its listed. Must be a matter of national security or something. Gonna call my firend Jack Bauer and see what he can dig up. Maybe touture umm I mean persuasion is in order here.

elbison
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
New here, but I have a few questions and comments:

What was the cost shipped with your discount code and what store?

Was the A/F issue corrected from super rich to something more appropriate in v2.0? I saw that TM is now adjustable and AFM/DoD is now able to be turned off. To get your 21.5mpg are you leaving it on?

Is your 324rwhp / 340rwtq consisting of nothing but the SuperChips Cortex and a CAI? And, when do you plan to get another dyno tune to see if v2.0 improves those numbers?

Lastly, as mentioned many times previously, a 93 octane tune would be great, and the ability to select an adjustment for a particular CAI would really be cool.

I'd love to have a Cortex and VaraRam and make 350rwhp (I think that's a stretch, but i'd still like to see it).

It'd be :grrrr8:

SLVRG8GT
02-02-2009, 07:57 PM
New here, but I have a few questions and comments:

Was the A/F issue corrected from super rich to something more appropriate in v2.0? I saw that TM is now adjustable and AFM/DoD is now able to be turned off. To get your 21.5mpg are you leaving it on?

Is your 324rwhp / 340rwtq consisting of nothing but the SuperChips Cortex and a CAI? And, when do you plan to get another dyno tune to see if v2.0 improves those numbers?

Lastly, as mentioned many times previously, a 93 octane tune would be great, and the ability to select an adjustment for a particular CAI would really be cool.

I'd love to have a Cortex and VaraRam and make 350rwhp (I think that's a stretch, but i'd still like to see it).

It'd be :grrrr8:

Great questions I'm still waiting for grrrr8 answers from superchips.

SRG963
02-03-2009, 03:58 AM

$343 shipped directly from Superchips.

I'm going back to the dyno once the Vararam arrives, I'll post my results.

AFM was left on for the 21.5 average. I lost 1 mpg average with the AFM off.

Yup, nothing but Royal Purple Oil, Superchips Tune and NEP CAI. See above answer for next dyno day.

I've been asking for a 93 tune since day one. All I can say, is that it will happen this year.

Probably will happen sooner than later, but that's all the info they have shared.

SRG963
02-03-2009, 04:01 AM
ebaY superchips cortex 2950 for $335 bin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180324291989

That's still a pretty good deal

SRG963
02-03-2009, 08:11 AM
My new code will be good for GM (2950), Ford (1950), Dodge (3950) and Nissan/Infinity (4950) Cortex tuner applications.

elbison
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Great news, thanks!

I think I read that the SuperChips Cortex cannot clear trouble codes (or maybe it can't diagnose issues)?

SRG963
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Great news, thanks!

I think I read that the SuperChips Cortex cannot clear trouble codes (or maybe it can't diagnose issues)?

It can clear them, it cannot read them (but Autozone can) :)

SRG963
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I've got the code if anyone wants to save 20% and get free shipping on a new Cortex directly from Superchips. Good only this month!

PM me for the code :)

SRG963
02-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Changing from your typical CAI kit to a Forced Air Kit will require a different tune.

Superchips currently doesn't have these specific tunes available.

It is something they are looking at in for future releases, along with other specific CAI's tunes.

I think that Mike's (New Era Performance) OTR will work perfectly with the Superchips tune, and his side mount CAI kit works well also.

Just wanted to get this info posted, so people could make better decisions when it comes to the tuner and Cold Air Kits.

Chewy
02-12-2009, 07:29 AM
The OTR takes a special tune or trans shifting will be affected.

Just an FYI.

SRG963
02-12-2009, 08:33 AM
The OTR takes a special tune or trans shifting will be affected.

Just an FYI.

Just to clarify, the Vararam OTR takes special tuning due to forced air :)

The NEP OTR should work just fine with the Superchips tune :)

MojaveG8
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Just to clarify - Superchips wont tune for headers.

MtbDoc
02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Changing from your typical CAI kit to a Forced Air Kit will require a different tune.

Superchips currently doesn't have these specific tunes available.

It is something they are looking at in for future releases, along with other specific CAI's tunes.

I think that Mike's (New Era Performance) OTR will work perfectly with the Superchips tune, and his side mount CAI kit works well also.

Just wanted to get this info posted, so people could make better decisions when it comes to the tuner and Cold Air Kits.

In general, there are changes in tunes for even minor issues such as a different intake. As such, the superchips is simply not going to provide anywhere near optimal performance outside of the SPECIFIC setup used in developing the tune.

I LOVE the idea of a handheld that can hold several different tunes, as well as handle data logging, and perhaps a 5v input (such as a wideband). THEN, assuming one has a skilled and responsive tuner, these can be GREAT for adjustments and mods.

Without SPECIFICITY this device seems to be less useful for the type of performance that most seem to be looking for. Your marketing efforts seem noble, but not particularly effective.

SRG963
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
In general, there are changes in tunes for even minor issues such as a different intake. As such, the superchips is simply not going to provide anywhere near optimal performance outside of the SPECIFIC setup used in developing the tune.

I LOVE the idea of a handheld that can hold several different tunes, as well as handle data logging, and perhaps a 5v input (such as a wideband). THEN, assuming one has a skilled and responsive tuner, these can be GREAT for adjustments and mods.

Without SPECIFICITY this device seems to be less useful for the type of performance that most seem to be looking for. Your marketing efforts seem noble, but not particularly effective.

I agree with everything you said except the last line. I don't work for Superchips, nor do I suggest them for modded out vehicles :)

For some weird reason, Superchips wants to provide tune's which are C.A.R.B. legal. This would exclude headers, yes. Headers will also void you factory warranty.

Superchips told me that they would be looking at optimizing tunes for specific mods, such as the NEP OTR, Rotofab CAI, etc...

SRG963
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
anything that might have read like marketing was simply info I cut and pasted from their website :)

and I still recommend a Dyno tune to maximize your mods.

antonio31
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
did you hear anything else about tuning for 93 octane?

SRG963
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
did you hear anything else about tuning for 93 octane?

Still waiting, but they are moving forward I think. They just asked for a list of current CAI kits for specific tunes, which is GRRRR8 IMO.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-13-2009, 04:33 PM

The butt dyno indicates my car pulls harder and the shifting is 200% better than stock with the Superchips tuner. I think you're underestimating the ability of this tuner, it has turned my car from mild mannered Clark Kent to faster than a speeding bullet Superman, just by changing the tune to mid level octane fuel and tweaking the trans shifting. And just think, it will be EVEN BETTER once they put out a high octane tune. Sure I could probably squeeze a little more power out of my car with a custom dyno tune, but for the convenience of adjusting my own tune, disabling or enabling AFM in 10 minutes, and being able to swap back to the stock tune for dealer visits, the Superchips tuner rules!

SLVRG8GT
02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
The butt dyno indicates my car pulls harder and the shifting is 200% better than stock with the Superchips tuner. I think you're underestimating the ability of this tuner, it has turned my car from mild mannered Clark Kent to faster than a speeding bullet Superman, just by changing the tune to mid level octane fuel and tweaking the trans shifting. And just think, it will be EVEN BETTER once they put out a high octane tune. Sure I could probably squeeze a little more power out of my car with a custom dyno tune, but for the convenience of adjusting my own tune, disabling or enabling AFM in 10 minutes, and being able to swap back to the stock tune for dealer visits, the Superchips tuner rules!

Agreed. If your a hardcore mod person as mentioned many times previously in this thread this tune is NOT for you. For us who have simply added a CAI and want to get better performance out of the stock engine and firm up the tranny this tune is FOR YOU! :)

If you do have the cortex and have not updated it lately do so. There are updates you will find most beneficial.

Happy Motoring!

antonio31
02-14-2009, 05:55 AM
did anyone keep the same shifting points or change it to superchips tune? just wondering how much difference it will make changing those.

SRG963
02-14-2009, 06:05 AM
did anyone keep the same shifting points or change it to superchips tune? just wondering how much difference it will make changing those.

If you chose the Performance tune, then they automatically change for you :)

SRG963
02-14-2009, 06:05 AM
We are in the final stretch, the 93 Octane Tune is around the corner!

Superchips needs a G8GT to test the 93 Octane tune on. It would also be beneficial if this person also had an aftermarket CAI kit to bring. This way, Superchips could test both the 93 Octane tune and this specific CAI kit. Please also bring the Stock air box for testing.

Please post, PM me, or call Superchips directly if interested.

Superchips is located (I believe) in:
Sanford, FL 32773.
Toll Free: 888.227.2447

antonio31
02-14-2009, 07:08 AM
i'm your man then, i stay in orlando 10min from sanford and i just got my superchip yesterday and hoping my nep cai will be here this week (ordered it last tuesday). So if there looking for someone i have no problem with them using my car. what steps i need to do so i can get the ball rolling?

SRG963
02-14-2009, 07:12 AM
i'm your man then, i stay in orlando 10min from sanford and i just got my superchip yesterday and hoping my nep cai will be here this week (ordered it last tuesday). So if there looking for someone i have no problem with them using my car. what steps i need to do so i can get the ball rolling?

Your first to respond:woohoo:
Please PM me your name so I can let them know your calling on Monday :)

antonio31
02-14-2009, 08:43 AM
just got finish tuning my g8 and drove around the neighborhood and i can really feel the differences and even heard the tires bark going into 2nd gear my TM is set at 75%. this device also has data logging, so you can see what you run in the 1/8 or 1/4 mile and it shows your 60's times also among other things, so you can practice with lunching your car. I just ran a 0 to 60 time using the superchip programmer and recorded a 5.1 which isn't bad from what i heard it takes a few days to really see or feel the results from this tune. Anyway i'm not a salesman just giving my 2 cents on my experience with the product no regrets. looking to have the 93 octane with the cai tune soon.

Blackdevil77
02-15-2009, 07:26 AM
can this thing make some adjustments to a performance tune done at a shop? Just for some tweaks and such?

Slizzo
02-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Well, if you apply any engine updates, I believe it will overwrite anything done there, as for the Transmission, I believe they only mess with the TQM tables.

Don't quote me on that though. :)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
The tuner rewrites the whole file for the ECM & the TCM (they are separate files) so anything that was there before will be gone.

SRG963
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
The tuner rewrites the whole file for the ECM & the TCM (they are separate files) so anything that was there before will be gone.

ROFL

Thanks for the help DR, Just to clarify

It won't be "gone", the stock file is copied to the Cotex, then your performance tune is flashed to the ECM then the TCM :)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
What I meant was any changes that were made at a performance shop will be gone, not that the stock tune would be gone.

SRG963
02-15-2009, 02:17 PM
What I meant was any changes that were made at a performance shop will be gone, not that the stock tune would be gone.

:uhm:I wonder if it would copy someones "performance tune" as the "stock tune" in that case.

I'm not going to be the one to spend the money and risk it :)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-15-2009, 02:21 PM
I didn't think of it that way, but I bet you're right. The Cortex would think the performance tune was the stock tune and save it for future reloading.

misterjuice
02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I just got another update to the tuner today, the last update was for the AFM on/off and stuff. what's in the new update? any ideas?

SRG963
02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I just got another update to the tuner today, the last update was for the AFM on/off and stuff. what's in the new update? any ideas?

New Update?

The latest is Shift Torque and AFM/DOD Delete :)

misterjuice
02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
that's what I thought too, i got that shift torque and dod delete update the day it came out. Then i plugged my tuner into the computer today and it downloaded an update.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-16-2009, 06:32 PM
So now the shift firmness is separate from the torque management? I wondered why mine shifted so hard at WOT with TM set at 25%.

antonio31
02-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Well i just got off from work and decided to test the g8 out with the superchip data log to see what my 0 to 60 time is since i ran a 5.1 two days ago plus it was 50 degrees out tonight so why not see if i can bring that time down. the car lunch really well even though i got off the gas a little thinking i was going to spend like crazy when i floor it and i ran a 4.91. But the question i have is how accurate is superchip scale with are cars. i hate to think i'm running this time and really no more then 5.2 or something. O yea plus i had close to 3/4 tank of gas.
my times to 60
0-40 2.91sec
0-50 3.70sec
0-60 4.91sec

SRG963
02-17-2009, 04:10 AM
But the question i have is how accurate is Superchips scale with are cars. i hate to think i'm running this time and really no more then 5.2 or something. O yea plus i had close to 3/4 tank of gas.
my times to 60
0-40 2.91sec
0-50 3.70sec
0-60 4.91sec

You can flash your car back to the stock tune and data log the times to compare :)

SRG963
02-17-2009, 04:13 AM
So now the shift firmness is separate from the torque management? I wondered why mine shifted so hard at WOT with TM set at 25%.

Shift Torque is what controls torque management.
The more Shift Torque, the less torque management.

that's what I thought too, i got that shift torque and dod delete update the day it came out. Then i plugged my tuner into the computer today and it downloaded an update.

No new updates for the G8GT as far as I know.
The latest update was all the 09 GM Truck and SUV data being loaded onto your tuner.

misterjuice
02-17-2009, 05:06 AM
ahhh i c

Kermit
02-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I just went and read all this info from the first post to the last to see if this tune might be for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but scene I have headers already, this tune wont really get me the benefit of the headers that I have, right?
I like all the stuff it does but I want the full benefit of my headers. So I guess I should look at the VMS tune.

Kermit
02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
I just went and read all this info from the first post to the last to see if this tune might be for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but scene I have headers already, this tune wont really get me the benefit of the headers that I have, right?
I like all the stuff it does but I want the full benefit of my headers. So I guess I should look at the VMS tune.

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I didn't think of it that way, but I bet you're right. The Cortex would think the performance tune was the stock tune and save it for future reloading.

That's what I was wondering too. Hmmm...SRG, is the deal still going on??

SRG963
02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
That's what I was wondering too. Hmmm...SRG, is the deal still going on??

9 days left my friends:)

But to answer your question, if the "other" tune was unlocked, I don't see why the Cortex wouldn't think that was the stock tune. Only way to find out is to try, who's up for the test?

SRG963
02-18-2009, 02:41 PM

To answer posts #209 and #210:

You are correct. Superchips does not have a tune for Headers, and probably will not since they remain CARB legal now.

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM
9 days left my friends:)

But to answer your question, if the "other" tune was unlocked, I don't see why the Cortex wouldn't think that was the stock tune. Only way to find out is to try, who's up for the test?

That means I have 9 more days to decide between Cortex, Dyno, or VM ECM :uhm:

locrzn#92
02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
You still might gain some benefit from the cortex with the headers. You still would gain from the tcm tune or torque management and once the 93 tune comes out it still might help your ride, not like a dyno tune. You can try it and if it doesn't you have a 30 day money back return policy. Go for it, it may not be this cheap again.

SRG963
02-18-2009, 03:18 PM
That means I have 9 more days to decide between Cortex, Dyno, or VM ECM :uhm:

It really depends on what your are going to do with the vehicle. I'm leasing my car, so the Cortex is the "Perfect" tune for me. It's also a lightly modded daily driver.

The thing you have to remember is Superchips will remain CARB legal, which apparently rules out headers for modern V8 cars :( Here is the link http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermktdevice.php

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Shawn, could you PM me the code? or how does getting the code work? For my current budget this seems to be the way to go.

SRG963
02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Shawn, could you PM me the code? or how does getting the code work? For my current budget this seems to be the way to go.

PM Sent

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
You still might gain some benefit from the cortex with the headers. You still would gain from the tcm tune or torque management and once the 93 tune comes out it still might help your ride, not like a dyno tune. You can try it and if it doesn't you have a 30 day money back return policy. Go for it, it may not be this cheap again.

It really depends on what your are going to do with the vehicle. I'm leasing my car, so the Cortex is the "Perfect" tune for me. It's also a lightly modded daily driver.

The thing you have to remember is Superchips will remain CARB legal, which apparently rules out headers for modern V8 cars :( Here is the link http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermktdevice.php

Mine is not a daily driver but I want it to be functional so as I can still use it for long drives. I'm trying not to rush into a decision too fast and want to weigh my options. I was even thinking by pass the tune and go straight to headers. I don't think it's an issue in Pa and if it was I know people :).
Headers or the VM ECM (new ecm) I think helps avoid warranty issues.

SRG963
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Headers or the VM ECM (new ecm) I think helps avoid warranty issues.

Headers will void your warranty :(
(Unless GM approved)

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Headers will void your warranty :(
(Unless GM approved)

:( Does anyone make GM approved headers?

SRG963
02-18-2009, 04:52 PM
:( does anyone make gm approved headers?

gmpp :)

GM Performance Parts

Looks like Summit caries a some, but can't find anything for our car.

Maybe someone else could look up a part number or something?

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
gmpp :)

GM Performance Parts

I never saw them on GMPP before

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 05:01 PM

I just looked with no luck, but that site is a PIA to navigate unless you know the technical term/part #.

SRG963
02-18-2009, 05:01 PM

Me either, wonder if they even exist?:blink::huh::hmm:

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Me either, wonder if they even exist?:blink::huh::hmm:

There is a dealer near me (25 miles away) that is a gmpp dealer.
I call tomorrow and see if the unicorn really exists

SRG963
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM
There is a dealer near me (25 miles away) that is a gmpp dealer.
I call tomorrow and see if the unicorn really exists

Maybe Greg at Pace Performance could find something for you.

Headers are not really an option for me as I lease for now :(

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 05:41 PM

I'll ask him too

Why the lease over a buy if you don't mind me asking?
Just bc GM or any American car leases always seem to cost more

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Got my Cortex on the way! Thanks for all the research and the great deal, Shawn!

Devilish34
02-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Got my Cortex on the way! Thanks for all the research and the great deal, Shawn!

If you don't mind can you do a 0-60 / 1/4 mile run before and after review for us.
Thanks

PantherGTBlack
02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Sure thing, might be a bit before I get around to it, depending on the weather. We're supposed to have snow this weekend and I don't want to get my car out and get salt residue all over the undercarriage. But once I get around to it I'll be sure to post some times for you ladies and gents.

SRG963
02-19-2009, 04:45 AM
I'll ask him too

Why the lease over a buy if you don't mind me asking?
Just bc GM or any American car leases always seem to cost more

I don't mind at all.

At the time, with the finance % options, it was a wash to me.

Lease Payments + Payoff = 5 Years Financed

No good deal's when I got my car, plus the rare color made it worth the price.

I have a real hard time driving the same car for more than a couple years, leasing has been my savior to being upside down on all my financed vehicles.

SRG963
02-19-2009, 05:04 AM
All my pictures will be back on Feb 21st BTW

SRG963
02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
does your car still shut off at 140mph cause mine does with the tune..

My limiter is set at the Superchips value, which is 225mph!

That is one of the options that you will need to change once you get your Cortex.
The other will be the Shift Torque settings.

SRG963
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Someone posted that the Cortex can Read and Clear codes.

Just thought I'd share :)

Devilish34
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
All my pictures will be back on Feb 21st BTW

What pictures?

SLVRG8GT
02-19-2009, 02:24 PM
What pictures?

:hmm:

SLVRG8GT
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Someone posted that the Cortex can Read and Clear codes.

Just thought I'd share :)

Been there, seen that.

:devil:

Devilish34
02-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Greg said no dice :(

SRG963
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
What pictures?

All of my photobucket pictures. I used up all the bandwidth, won't be back until the 21st.

SRG963
02-20-2009, 07:54 AM
One week left my friends!

My discount code expires the end of this month, so save while you can :)

PM me for the discount code!

SLVRG8GT
02-20-2009, 08:31 AM
All of my photobucket pictures. I used up all the bandwidth, won't be back until the 21st.

Had no idea PB limited bandwidth. wtf!!

SRG963
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Had no idea PB limited bandwidth. wtf!!

Yeah, I'm confused on that one also. They said I could pay to have the pictures display now, or wait until the 21st.

I think we all know what option I choose.

Devilish34
02-20-2009, 08:44 AM

Can you send it to me again on this board (since I don't visit the other to often) I think I'm down to the Cortex or VM ECM

locrzn#92
02-20-2009, 09:26 AM
I just finished tuning the g8 and man what a difference. I tuned it and ran it easy until I put some good 93 octane in it, drove it a couple miles and turned it loose. I mean its awsome especially in the manual mode. It has always pissed me off that it didn't shift worth a shit at wot, but, now it pulls like crazy at every shift. It used to be slopy like my old girlfriend in high school, now its jack the bear, whats surprising is that it doesn't loose the r's when it shifts now. I haven't figured out how to change the torque management yet. Is that in the quick tune section? Can I leave all the advanced data in and change just the torque management? Turned off the dod/afm and no more drone in drive. Srg says it gets better the more you drive it. That would also be cool. I'm going for a drive to let it learn some more.

SRG963
02-20-2009, 09:33 AM
I just finished tuning the g8 and man what a difference. I tuned it and ran it easy until I put some good 93 octane in it, drove it a couple miles and turned it loose. I mean its awsome especially in the manual mode. It has always pissed me off that it didn't shift worth a shit at wot, but, now it pulls like crazy at every shift. It used to be slopy like my old girlfriend in high school, now its jack the bear, whats surprising is that it doesn't loose the r's when it shifts now. I haven't figured out how to change the torque management yet. Is that in the quick tune section? Can I leave all the advanced data in and change just the torque management? Turned off the dod/afm and no more drone in drive. Srg says it gets better the more you drive it. That would also be cool. I'm going for a drive to let it learn some more.

Shift Torque is under the Advanced Tune.

You will also need to raise your speed limiter to the Superchips value (225mph).

SRG963
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Can you send it to me again on this board (since I don't visit the other to often) I think I'm down to the Cortex or VM ECM

PM Sent :)

JerzeyGT
02-20-2009, 07:08 PM

:crazyman: ahhhhhhhhh I cant decide!!!!!!!

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-20-2009, 07:13 PM
I love the Superchips tuner, it's easy to use and it definitely gave my car more power AND much better trans shifting. Plus being able to disable or quickly renable AFM is a big plus, and the high octane tune should be out shortly.

Slizzo
02-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I love the Superchips tuner, it's easy to use and it definitely gave my car more power AND much better trans shifting. Plus being able to disable or quickly renable AFM is a big plus, and the high octane tune should be out shortly.

This, I simply cannot wait for....

SRG963
02-20-2009, 08:18 PM
This, I simply cannot wait for....

I'm hoping for the 93 tune in 2 weeks, but it may be longer. We should also be getting the NEP CAI tune when the 93 Octane Tune is released :D

Once all that happens, I'll have the max I'm going to get out of the tuner, so I'll be hitting the Dyno again and post numbers.

SRG963
02-21-2009, 06:20 AM
There are only 7 days left until my discount code expires.

locrzn#92
02-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Got mine and they can't have it back.

Kermit
02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Can this tune turn off my engine code that I keep getting because of my headers or do I need to get the real tune from vector or someone like that?