PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Mode Temps

Kermit
12-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Got two questions for the masses.
#1 Is there a way to change the Centigrade to Fahrenheit when in engineering mode and seeing the coolant temps? Not a wiz with converting from one to another. :puke:

#2 Not dealing with engineering more but whenever I reset my trip computer after fueling up, it also resets my fuel mileage. I don't hit reset when looking at the MPG mode. Why does it reset even when I'm resetting just the trip millage? I would like to keep the MPG continuing because I think that is more of an accurate account of what kind of MPG I'm getting. I only have about 800 on the car but I'm only getting 15 MPG. I thought it might be a little bit better than that. :hang:

Oh well, still love the car.

GRRRR8
12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
No way to convert that I can figure out and yes it resets it all. I dont know why. I guess they figure if you reset one you might as well be starting from scratch on the other also. Is that all city mileage?

Chewy
12-04-2008, 08:56 AM
When breaking in I averaged 17 or so but that's with winter gas. I am seeing about 18 or more now and 24 on the highway after resetting it but am still on winter gas. It's running VERY rich too. Smoking like a beotch!:hang:

Kermit
12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Well thanks for the info. That sucks but still love the car.
Mileage is pretty much city. I have not gunned it and try to drive slow to see if it will go up but the best I have seen is 15.5. I'm going to do the old way of calculating MPG by hand to see if the car is just off. Hope that's the case. :)

GRRRR8
12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Well thanks for the info. That sucks but still love the car.
Mileage is pretty much city. I have not gunned it and try to drive slow to see if it will go up but the best I have seen is 15.5. I'm going to do the old way of calculating MPG by hand to see if the car is just off. Hope that's the case. :)

That is the best way to do it and MPGs will go up as it breaks in.

J Wikoff
12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
If you hold down the enter key until it dings at you, it will reset just the screen you are looking at. If you just push it and let go, it resets all of them.

Kermit
12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
If you hold down the enter key until it dings at you, it will reset just the screen you are looking at. If you just push it and let go, it resets all of them.

I'll have to try that tomorrow, thanks!!!