PDA

View Full Version : LCA Kit

norm8332
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Greg your PM inbox is full.....so I will post this here..

Greg:

I got the LCA "kit" today and already changed them on the passenger side.

A couple of issues. I received 4 bolts but the bolts on the straight arm are smaller so I had to re-use the bolt. The bolts did fit the larger bent arm.

One other item: for the larger bent arm the car has an encapsulated retaining nut to subframe retainer that is supposed to be discarded according to the service manual, as well as offset washer on the bolt-head side, but I received a pack of 4 offset washers and no encapsulated retaining nut to subframe retainer. It called for 1 encapsulated retaining nut to subframe retainer and 1 offset washer for each of the bent arms in the service manual. I just re-used the encapsulated retaining nut to subframe retainer with 1 of the new bolts so no biggie.

So to adjust the kit for future reference:

2 smaller bolts for the straight arms instead of 2 of the 4 large ones like I received.
1 encapsulated retaining nut to subframe retainer for each bent larger arm.
1 offset washer for each bent larger arm. (I received 4 total and only need 2)

Everything else (nuts etc.) is good. I'm sorry I don't have the part #s but those are the part names used in the service manual.

Thanks for all your help.

Norm

Greg@PacePerformance
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info I will look into it on Monday

jeff
12-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Which kit did you go with?Is this spohn new stuff?

norm8332
12-03-2010, 08:47 PM
No, it is just a collection of the oem stuff. I'm changing all 4 myself. I couldn't wait. The clunking etc just made the car sound like a heap and I had to do something about it.