PDA

View Full Version : Changed up a few things on the Supercharger

BlownG8GT
12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
After adding the Roto Fab I decided to see what a smaller pulley and some tuning would do for my butt dyno.....

Well after changing too a 3.2 from a 3.3 and removing some tq management the car has REALLY changed. It has gone from "wow this is REALLY fast and fun to drive" to "hold the **** on, this is fun to drive and faster".

Having sold and installed these superchargers in the thousands and changing pulleys countless times for customers, I was pleasantly surprised by the results. The car went from flowing 420 (6.2 psi) grams of air through the MAF to 475 grams (7.1 psi) of air from these two mods. More air = more power, I hope to have it on the dyno this week to see. I expect these two small and inexpensive mods to net me around another 40 rwhp.

Well it only takes a short amount of time for me NOT to follow my own advice:slap:

GeorgeInNePa
12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I seem to remember a thread about leaving these alone...

lol

BlownG8GT
12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I seem to remember a thread about leaving these alone...

lol

Yeah well...when its My car and my dollar if I fuck it up...its my problem. I would NEVER recommend anyone did what I do:hang: To many times I have heard "Brian I changed my pulley and blew up my engine"

Note the end of my first post.....LOL

Steve
12-03-2008, 08:52 PM
oh i'm SO gonna do that once i get enough $$ together to buy one

Mike P
12-04-2008, 12:38 AM
More boost FTW!!! :)

Panther 2
12-04-2008, 05:47 AM
After adding the Roto Fab I decided to see what a smaller pulley and some tuning would do for my butt dyno.....

Well after changing too a 3.2 from a 3.3 and removing some tq management the car has REALLY changed. It has gone from "wow this is REALLY fast and fun to drive" to "hold the **** on, this is fun to drive and faster".

Having sold and installed these superchargers in the thousands and changing pulleys countless times for customers, I was pleasantly surprised by the results. The car went from flowing 420 (6.2 psi) grams of air through the MAF to 475 grams (7.1 psi) of air from these two mods. More air = more power, I hope to have it on the dyno this week to see. I expect these two small and inexpensive mods to net me around another 40 rwhp.

Well it only takes a short amount of time for me NOT to follow my own advice:slap:

How does removing TQ management effect Maf air flow, I don't understand ?

99-LS1-SS
12-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Smaller pulley affects MAF.

BlownG8GT
12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
How does removing TQ management effect Maf air flow, I don't understand ?

It didn't.....I was referring to the pulley change and the roto fab.