PDA

View Full Version : Fakery - scoops, fender vents, diffuser

WinstonWolf
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I know that you can mod the hood scoops to make them somewhat functional, but what about the fender vents? and what about the fake rear diffuser?

I can't stand fake stuff on cars and I haven't gotten around to opening the scoops up since I've had the car but I will soon. It cheapens the car IMO to have a bunch of fakery on it.

around here there are "stick on" fender vents that ppl put on their cars to make them look like bimmers or something and they're hideous. i'll be damned if i want a factory version of that on my rizz-ide!!!

SRG963
12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, we need something for the fender vents for sure, actual vents would be nice :)

Who's going to be the first to put a drill bit to good use?

jbradsh1
12-06-2008, 02:54 AM
I know that you can mod the hood scoops to make them somewhat functional, but what about the fender vents? and what about the fake rear diffuser?

I can't stand fake stuff on cars and I haven't gotten around to opening the scoops up since I've had the car but I will soon. It cheapens the car IMO to have a bunch of fakery on it.

around here there are "stick on" fender vents that ppl put on their cars to make them look like bimmers or something and they're hideous. i'll be damned if i want a factory version of that on my rizz-ide!!!

Down boy! Down boy!

DZL
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
what exactly would drilling hole them do for you...?

i mean let's get real... they look good and i hardly think anyone thinks you're trying to fool anyone with them...

R.Penguin
01-10-2009, 06:17 PM

I just bought a rectangular drill bit set. That should do it! :p

Slizzo
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
HA!

I'd like to seem some pictures of your han-dee-werk after you've finished your "drilling"! :nah:

eliteautosport.net
01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
What do you do with the hood vents ?

SRG963
01-26-2009, 05:27 AM

Remove rubber from hood and black plastic off the back of the vent.

zosoboogie
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM

so if you want the real thing I recommend the Ferrari 599 GTB all that stuff is real and so is the price!!

eliteautosport.net
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM

And that just vents air in to the engine bay or is there a mod you do to the intake ?

R.Penguin
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
HA!

I'd like to seem some pictures of your han-dee-werk after you've finished your "drilling"! :nah:
Sadly, my handiwork was smeared all over the road on 1/17/09. :p :hang:

R.Penguin
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
If you hit another car hard enough, they pop right off.:p

EcoBrick Bob
01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
The rectangular drill bits I have used required a very steady hand....especially on square holes.

Slizzo
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Sadly, my handiwork was smeared all over the road on 1/17/09. :p :hang:

Agreed, seems that the woman who smeared that handiwork finished the job pretty thoroughly eh? :)

616 of 933
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM

How does the rain effect the engine?

TrUcKeR
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
it makes it wet.

-Ray-
10-05-2009, 02:13 AM
How does the rain effect the engine?

It doesn't, unless you have a certain style intake.