PDA

View Full Version : Back seat rattle

BlueJacket
11-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I have a rattle coming from the back pass side of the car. I check it out today and I think it might be coming from the seat cushion bottom latch. If I grab the seat bottom and shake I am getting a sound almost like what I am hearing over bumps. Anyone else had this? Can the seat bottom be removed without removing the seat back?

Daniel Linnett
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes the back seat can me removed. I pull it out on a regular basis with all my fuel pump issues lmao. It is only latched in two places in the front. Slide you hand under neath and pull up..when you find the area with the most resisitance you found the latching point. Pull straight up hard and it will unlatch. then walk around to the other side of the car and do the same thing. Comes out in about 20 seconds.

Seattle09GT
11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I have a rattle coming from the back pass side of the car. I check it out today and I think it might be coming from the seat cushion bottom latch. If I grab the seat bottom and shake I am getting a sound almost like what I am hearing over bumps. Anyone else had this? Can the seat bottom be removed without removing the seat back?

Did you let your wife out of the trunk? (come on, it was right there)

Slizzo
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM

Yeah, I've had this for a while but haven't gotten around to investigating it. If you find out let me know!!!

BlueJacket
11-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes the back seat can me removed. I pull it out on a regular basis with all my fuel pump issues lmao. It is only latched in two places in the front. Slide you hand under neath and pull up..when you find the area with the most resisitance you found the latching point. Pull straight up hard and it will unlatch. then walk around to the other side of the car and do the same thing. Comes out in about 20 seconds.

Thanks, I will pull it out and see if it goes away.

Did you let your wife out of the trunk? (come on, it was right there)

:nutkick:

Yeah, I've had this for a while but haven't gotten around to investigating it. If you find out let me know!!!

Will do

BlueJacket
11-23-2010, 03:27 PM

After the seat is out there is a trim piece coving the lower corner of the seat bottom that is only attached by one screw. If you move it around it makes a lot of noise, so I put some foam under it in a couple of spots. Also I check my onstar box in the trunk and it was hanging there by one clip, so I just removed it. After a quick test drive the sound seems to be gone.