PDA

View Full Version : Talk me into or out of my plans

Roddy
11-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey guys,

I have an 09 GT, and i'd like to get some advice on a few bolt on idea's.... not a ton of experience with these cars.

So far I have installed the Roto-Fab Intake.

Next I plan to add: SOLO high flow cats, X-pipe, solo Axle back and the Livernois Stealth tune, along with a UDP.

Is this going to be a solid set up? I think this will get me to a dyno of close to 350rwhp if not a bit more.

I really want this car to get up and go. I'd like 12.7's.....

My plan B is if the car doesnt go like i want, add LT headers and Livernois cam.....

Let me know... i'd like to get the most bang for the buck before sinking the $$$ into the cam swap etc.

Ya'll think i'll get those dyno numbers and track times without the cam and headers??:uhm:

Roddy

hulkss
11-21-2010, 11:11 PM
If you want good track times, a torque converter, 3.45 gears, anti-wheel hop axles, and drag tires work wonders.
Here's how to add a cam: Cam Swap Reference (http://Forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=20099)
Solo makes a nice exhaust to work with Kooks headers for near the same cost as what you are considering.

travis gore
11-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Hey guys,

Next I plan to add: SOLO high flow cats, X-pipe, solo Axle back and the Livernois Stealth tune, along with a UDP.

Is this going to be a solid set up? I think this will get me to a dyno of close to 350rwhp if not a bit more.

My plan B is if the car doesnt go like i want, add LT headers and Livernois cam.....

sounds good,but you will need headers to get that 350 rwhp. forget all of this and buy this and be done

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=20750

welcome to the forum BTW

DetroitSpeedJunkie
11-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey guys,

I have an 09 GT, and i'd like to get some advice on a few bolt on idea's.... not a ton of experience with these cars.

So far I have installed the Roto-Fab Intake.

Let me know... i'd like to get the most bang for the buck before sinking the $$$ into the cam swap etc.

Ya'll think i'll get those dyno numbers and track times without the cam and headers??:uhm:

Roddy

Unless the UDP makes that much of a difference I do not see the car going 12.7. I have pretty much the same setup and the best I could get so far was the time in my sig. I think if you go with the same setup but get headers instead of the HFC you will be able to make a 12.8 and possible 7 with a sub 2.00 60 ft.

Just my .02

BATOYGIO
11-22-2010, 06:48 AM
+1 even with headers/cai/tune its tough to see 12.7, some drag radials would definitely get you a 12.7 but with street tires most see 12.9-12.8.

(I have same mods your planning pretty much)

todds87ss
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
If you want good track times, a torque converter, 3.45 gears, anti-wheel hop axles, and drag tires work wonders.
Here's how to add a cam: Cam Swap Reference (http://Forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=20099)
Solo makes a nice exhaust to work with Kooks headers for near the same cost as what you are considering.

If all that you are after is a 12.7, get a tune, and the items in bold above. The high flow cats and X are a waste without headers (I'm sure some will disagree).

WickedMom
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I say forget ALL of that and stick a blower on it. Reliability AND low 12's...

Daniel Linnett
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
It really depends on what you want out of the car. Exhaust is not a big enough restriction for you to spend the money on upgrading at this point unless you just really want sound. Will you pick up some power, well sure but just not enough for the money. Save the exhaust mod for when you put on the headers as well (that is why they call it a full exhaust) I agree with the stall converter as it will be your biggest bang for the buck at the track, it will help you get off the line quicker. Just dont expect to pick up any top end with it. You will drop ET for sure.

What it really boils down to is how do you like your cars? Louder with lope? (go cam and port heads and stay NA) or Quiiet with some OOMPH? (great DD of a Maggie) You can of course be as loud as you want with any setup and that is up to the individuals taste. It just takes the person to know what really to recommend to them.

BATOYGIO
11-22-2010, 12:41 PM
I say forget ALL of that and stick a blower on it. Reliability AND low 12's...

lol a blower is your answer to everything!

Power? = blower
Looks?=blower
World Hunder? =blower
Space travel? =blower

Roddy
11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

I'd like to retain the warranty so the cam would be the last thing I would do. What size LT's will be best for me? 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?

GeorgeInNePa
11-22-2010, 08:30 PM

I'd like to retain the warranty so the cam would be the last thing I would do. What size LT's will be best for me? 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?

Any mods you do will need a tune to make the most of.

What are your future plans?

Steve GT
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Where do you live and what track do you go to? Depending on the elevation, it may take more or less to get the time you are after.

As far as the exhaust, skip your first idea and go straight to long tubes with a catted X-pipe. If you add a torque converter with a 2800-3200 stall and drag radials you should be fairly close to the times you want. You could also have Patrick G custom spec a cam for your car if you decide to do the DOD delete and then run low 12s or better.

SRG963
11-23-2010, 05:21 AM
JoqDYcCDOTg

todds87ss
11-23-2010, 06:38 AM

There is so little loss down low with 1 7/8, that there is no downside to choosing them. There is a downside to the 1 3/4...if you choose to go cam in the future, you will be limiting your choices, or limiting power made.

Roddy
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Future plans wouldn't be anything more than cam, converter, camaro diff.

Lmao- Ben stiller- do it!