PDA

View Full Version : am I crazy....modding at 138 miles. LOL

cobrakid
12-03-2008, 06:15 AM
guys,

I love my wife's new car.....the potential is crazy.

After she went to bed, I made my CAI, cut the flap for more air.

Removed engine cover, and zip tied heater hoses. Removed the hood vents (rubber & plastic shields)

The difference the CAI made is amazing.......getting the hang of the car already.

Glad an older woman drove it 119 miles when dealer obtained it from me from another state.

Love the Stryker blue, and so did the dealership. I told them to feel free
not to get anymore in, in that color. LOL

The 19 inch wheels are pretty tough, and car sits nice.

Can't wait for the tune, and exhaust after Christmas.

First pass I am aiming for 12.9s !!!!!!!!

I appreciate this GRRRR8 site also !!!!!!

Chewy
12-03-2008, 06:21 AM
NOPE! Most of the 'Ol timers here know I put on my CAI, GRRRR8 mods, and rear view mirror at 20 miles and then at 130 miles (2 days later) I put on the exhaust, rear pedders bushings, and under drive pulley. I still need to tune it and put some high flow cats on it but otherwise it's done.

I have full tint and clear vinyl done too but I didn't do that myself. It was done with maybe 200 miles on it.

SRG963
12-03-2008, 06:30 AM
NOPE! Most of the 'Ol timers here know I put on my CAI, GRRRR8 mods, and rear view mirror at 20 miles and then at 130 miles (2 days later) I put on the exhaust, rear pedders bushings, and under drive pulley. I still need to tune it and put some high flow cats on it but otherwise it's done.

I have full tint and clear vinyl done too but I didn't do that myself. It was done with maybe 200 miles on it.

LOL, you started modding before you even got the car!

cobrakid
12-03-2008, 06:46 AM
I guess technically it had 13 miles on it from us when I started. LOL
Had 125 on it when we picked it up. 138 when I cut into her......

I also removed the dealer sticker on the back. (which I specified for them not to install)
...and the front license bracket which was on it at the other dealer in MD. (plugged holes)

I looked at the spark plugs......dr side cake, a few on the pass side look like a PITA.
Oh well, don't need to mess with them until/unless I throw the 100 shot on it.

SRG963
12-03-2008, 06:54 AM
I also removed the dealer sticker on the back. (which I specified for them not to install)

I asked the same, and watched as they put it on my car anyways. I was told that they would loose their job if they didn't put the dealers decal on the back, so I was OK with it. It was easy to peel off anyways with a good wax job underneath.

Chewy
12-03-2008, 07:07 AM
I guess technically it had 13 miles on it from us when I started. LOL
Had 125 on it when we picked it up. 138 when I cut into her......

...and the front license bracket which was on it at the other dealer in MD. (plugged holes)

I looked at the spark plugs......dr side cake, a few on the pass side look like a PITA.
Oh well, don't need to mess with them until/unless I throw the 100 shot on it.

Yeah that's the other thing I did the first day. I debadged it. I took mine from the dealer before they even PDI'd it. All they had done was remove the blocks and install the plate holder. (which I told them twice not to install) Also removed and plugged the holes. :)

GRRRR8
12-03-2008, 07:59 AM
guys,

I love my wife's new car.....the potential is crazy.

After she went to bed, I made my CAI, cut the flap for more air.

Removed engine cover, and zip tied heater hoses. Removed the hood vents (rubber & plastic shields)

The difference the CAI made is amazing.......getting the hang of the car already.

Glad an older woman drove it 119 miles when dealer obtained it from me from another state.

Love the Stryker blue, and so did the dealership. I told them to feel free
not to get anymore in, in that color. LOL

The 19 inch wheels are pretty tough, and car sits nice.

Can't wait for the tune, and exhaust after Christmas.

First pass I am aiming for 12.9s !!!!!!!!

I appreciate this GRRRR8 site also !!!!!!

Thanks! The INSANITY has begun! What does your wife think?

mjduell2009
12-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Drove 70 miles home from dealer, car had 8 miles on it when I picked it up. Drove the G8 for three days to work, 24 miles round trip. My parts arrived UPS on the third day. 150 miles on odometer when first mod installed. Oh yeah, I also debabdged the rear on the first day home.

--Mike

cobrakid
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
My wife freakin loves it.......

She said she has come full circle now......Formula, Firehawk Trans Am,... Aviator for the kids... now G8 GT.

She actually was browsing the couple G8 forums before I was.....and really excited about the car.

I told her the tune should really wake it up. I am psyched for that, to bad money is so dam tight.

MANOFSTEEL69
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Drove mine from Ohio to Rochester, NY (New Era Performance) first week I had the car. ;) Nah, you're not crazy....Just proactive! Lol!

blackbirdws6
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I think I had <1000 miles on the car before it was dyno'd maybe 2k when it went to the track.

WinstonWolf
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
naw man my last mustang i had parts before i even bought the car.

haven't touched the g8 yet though and i'm at 4400 miles. will prob start once i figure out which CAI i want - ram air, otr, etc.

-Ray-
12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Who said Grrrr8 forum members aren't competitive?
I had my tint on 3 days after I got her home. There were no intakes available when I got my G8. I got number 5 from New Era, and SF x pipe right after. Built my own Magnaflow axle backs!
:D

GeorgeInNePa
12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Moved to G8 Lounge

Lucille
12-22-2008, 09:32 PM
its never too soon...

this is how I testdrive my cars...

http://www.hepcatradio.com/mgdr-5.jpg

maniac3389
01-01-2009, 08:38 AM
its never too soon...

this is how I testdrive my cars...

http://www.hepcatradio.com/mgdr-5.jpg

damn! why didn't i think of testdriving mine like that!

G8GXP4now
01-08-2009, 09:41 AM
No, I don't think you are crazy. Just understand the tradeoffs for some of the mods you make.

I modded my last car almost immediately (2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula). After some of the mods, I could barely hold an idle, but the car had about 425 RWHP and I had to go the secret inspection locations to pass the annual test.

The car was fun to drive at WOT, but pretty shitty at normal driving. I had drag radials on the rears and went sideways a few times in the rain.

Once you start modding, it will be very hard to stop.

GRRRR8
01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I think you have to know when to say when and dont go too far with a daily driver.

Chewy
01-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I think you have to know when to say when and dont go too far with a daily driver.

That's where I am!

I think I want HF cats and then I am done with the go fast mods.

We'll see though!

Chris

99-LS1-SS
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM

I am not familiar with this concept.

GRRRR8
01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I am not familiar with this concept.

Nor am I. I just heard about it! lol