PDA

View Full Version : Rear Main Leak and LCA Replacemet

warbird
11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Taking it in to the dealer next to have the rear main leak repaired, dealer ordered lca's for the front even though haven't had a problem yet.
They ordered a replacement cover for the rear main, anything I should look out for after they make the repair?
Seems like a lot of people have had isuue's with the LCA's, is it wise to have them replaced even though i haven had a problem yet?

firstdue
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Took mine in for its first service today and dealer didn't even mention anything about LCA's. Mines only a good weather ride...so it may not become an issue.

-Ray-
11-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Taking it in to the dealer next to have the rear main leak repaired, dealer ordered lca's for the front even though haven't had a problem yet.
They ordered a replacement cover for the rear main, anything I should look out for after they make the repair?
Seems like a lot of people have had isuue's with the LCA's, is it wise to have them replaced even though i haven had a problem yet?

The tech must have looked at the LCA's when he was checking the rear main. The issue is corrosion. On bad LCA's this is easy to identify.
My G8 has 35k miles on it and still has no corrosion. Most LCA's have been diagnosed very early in g8's in service.

warbird
11-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Well..... dealer has had it since last Tuesday and still doesnt have it back together yet. Apparently they didnt figure out the oil pan gasket was leaking until the end of las week. Service manager wasnt real comfortable with removing and reinstalling the corsa exhaust, think they should have it done tomorrow, funny cause they told me that on Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Only hi point is my loner is a '10 Enclave CXL they are hoping i will buy for my wife.