PDA

View Full Version : harmonic balencer keeps goin bad anyone having this problem

ULTRA Z
11-01-2010, 07:34 AM
the original one went out or was causing a squeekin gnoise against my belt and i took it to get it fixed they put a new one on and a new bolt of course and no time later this one is doing it worst than the original one ??? its not leaking any oil or anything but the balencer is visual wobbling ???? any thoughts on what could be causing this or what could come of it ???? i know if it coutinues it could wear me crank bearing a little i want it fixed and they are just talkin about putting a new one on ........

any info and i'll be thankfull

Voice of Reason
11-01-2010, 08:14 AM
No idea. But why not get an underdrive pulley? They're pretty easy to install yourself and the Powerbond one I'm using looks to be better made than the stock one.

ULTRA Z
11-01-2010, 10:03 AM
No idea. But why not get an underdrive pulley? They're pretty easy to install yourself and the Powerbond one I'm using looks to be better made than the stock one.

Thought about that but I got a system and I was planning on doing a maggy charger also but it shouldn't be having this trouble

-Ray-
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Just get it replaced. I know that GM has looked at some new vendors for balancers.

ULTRA Z
11-03-2010, 07:03 AM
thanks