PDA

View Full Version : Catch can/relocate ambient temp sensor

jeff
10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
So fellows....I recently put the roto-fab CAI on with dry filter.My question is.....what would you do next if you only got the money for one at the time.I am thinking catch can maybe.It's starting to get cooler temps with fall here and I figured the sensor isn't as critical in the winter as it is in the summer.Please give me your opinions.I will order one or the other this weekend.Thanks in advance. P.S. Should be able to order the other in a month or first of year.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Save your money for a tune, it's the best thing you can do to your car. If it's not something you can afford then go with the catch can then a HSRK later.

jeff
10-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Already have the tune.Yeah, I am thinking catch can like you said.

Save your money for a tune, it's the best thing you can do to your car. If it's not something you can afford then go with the catch can then a HSRK later.

08G8V8
10-28-2010, 06:02 PM
I've got a HSRK I bought that I am not using. It's one of these: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=16386

I already had one, but was going to sell it with my Vararam intake when I sold it, but I ended up getting my snorkel replaced so I removed my original HSRK and put it on my new RotoFab.

I could sell it for $50 shipped if you are interested.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Already have the tune.Yeah, I am thinking catch can like you said.
Ahhh I see you changed your sig on me, lol! The HSRK for $50 shipped is a good deal. Better jump on it while he's offering it to you.

travis gore
10-29-2010, 04:36 AM
take the HSRK for 50 that is 1/2 of a catch can. just tell this guy you want one
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/alongway99/Christmas%20Animations/Santa%20Animations/SantaListElves.gif
it is not that far off. better hurry that list looks long

Brian@RPT
10-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Just installed the HSRK on a 2009.5 G8 and works as advertized. The sensor was relocated to the AFE filter and totally hidden from view. After some street logging, the IAT was 5 degrees over the ambient temp while cruising. Once in stop and go, the temps dropped much faster instead of the typical IAT heat soak in the stock location.