PDA

View Full Version : Holden iQ

rmcrom
10-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Is there any way to adapt the iQ system from the 2011 Holdens into the G8?

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/Commodore#/hi-q_system/introduction

Crazy Paul
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know either way.
There's generally a hurdle to overcome either technically or financially, because Holden are in the business of selling new cars.
They don't necessarily want people to easily upgrade an old car instead of buying a new one.
If true to form it will be 3 to 6 months before any of the new component Part Numbers are circulated.
Technical details will also have to be painfully extracted, information checked and compiled.

It sure would be nice if all the parts came in a Holden kit with an installation manual but that will never happen.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Selling parts is profitable so why not make money doing that in addition to selling cars. Plus the dealers will get more work installing the parts. In my eyes it's a win/win situation for the company. If someome can't buy a new car they get no sale at all. Something is better than nothing!

christiancoach
10-22-2010, 09:42 AM
The major auto manufactures need to take a lesson from Scion. Ton's of manufacturer options! If you purchase them with the new car you can get financing on them. Imagine if you could walk into a Chevy dealer and buy a dealer installed supercharger, cat back exhaust, long tube headers, upgraded axles, and a perfomance tune, and include all of it your financing! Heck, why doesn't GM sell a Supercharger for less than the aftermarket companies? They have the buying power!

Kermit
10-22-2010, 10:37 AM
My local Chevrolet company is selling a Rick Hendricks (race car owner in NASCAR) package that includes a supercharger and all the bells and whistles on a new camaro. The whole package is all chromed and stuff for like 55K.

Greg@PacePerformance
10-22-2010, 10:43 AM
The major auto manufactures need to take a lesson from Scion. Ton's of manufacturer options! If you purchase them with the new car you can get financing on them. Imagine if you could walk into a Chevy dealer and buy a dealer installed supercharger, cat back exhaust, long tube headers, upgraded axles, and a perfomance tune, and include all of it your financing! Heck, why doesn't GM sell a Supercharger for less than the aftermarket companies? They have the buying power!
From what I understand Edelbrock makes the kit for GM so i'm sure Edelbrock made some deal with GM stating that they were not allowed to undercut the Edelbrock unit.

Crazy Paul
10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
From what I understand Edelbrock makes the kit for GM so i'm sure Edelbrock made some deal with GM stating that they were not allowed to undercut the Edelbrock unit.

With electronic components, gauge panels and infotainment type items...(I can think of a few mechanical parts also)..when CompanyX gets the contract to supply the Autobuilder there appears to be some kind of rider or stipulation that CompanyX cannot supply the general public directly at all [with identical product to the contractual items] until a certain amount of years has passed.
That's my observation in this part of the world and I have no idea how such policy clears the "Restriction of Trade" or "Anti-Competition" type legislation.

Crazy Paul
10-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Examples.
Actual Manufacturers Part Numbers are marked on the items.

Has VDO/Continental & a Holden Part Number. Item can only be bought from HSV
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/Ery0Jkc.jpg

Try buying this from Bosch
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/DSC00181-1-1.jpg

Try buying this from Blaupunkt
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/IMG_0120.jpg

travis gore
10-23-2010, 03:54 AM

that would be a good idea to do. But I would think you would have to have some $$$ going in. The bank is not going to finance something that costs more than it is worth. When I bought my car a year ago I was told you could only go 90% of the vehicle. No more rolling the upside down into the new car.

christiancoach
10-23-2010, 07:47 AM
that would be a good idea to do. But I would think you would have to have some $$$ going in. The bank is not going to finance something that costs more than it is worth. When I bought my car a year ago I was told you could only go 90% of the vehicle. No more rolling the upside down into the new car.

Hmm, I just bought my wife a new car and we rolled about $5000 worth of negative equity into it.

Crazy Paul
10-23-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y01s5XMDHM0

DRCUSTOMPARTS
10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Hmm, I just bought my wife a new car and we rolled about $5000 worth of negative equity into it.
It's really sad that the value of some cars drop quicker than the loan balance. This is the reason I don't buy new cars anymore, most of the time you take a big loss in depreciation the first year.

r1owner
10-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I wonder if we stood outside the plant in Malaysia where the build the iQ and slip a dude a 20 if he will bring one out with him at lunch?

christiancoach
10-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Yea I agree. We actually got into the situation because we bought the wrong vehicle, she hated it, and we only kept it for three months before trading it. That negative equity has followed us through to the car we own now.

travis gore
10-26-2010, 01:35 AM

well maybe the finance guy was was feeding me some bs then. Keep in mind I bought the G8 from a Pontiac dealer who was closing,even though they told us they were not. They were just trying to generate cash before they closed then.

Crazy Paul
10-26-2010, 05:22 AM
I wonder if we stood outside the plant in Malaysia where the build the iQ and slip a dude a 20 if he will bring one out with him at lunch?

You're assuming they stop work to have lunch.
:)

texn884
10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
How did they get that car to drive with no driver in it? To me that is not very safe. lol.

The problem with GM is they have no one in charge plus Obama is involved but no one is a car freak. If they would listen to their customers and potential customers they would offer options to trick out cars or the dealers would set up a custom side of the dealership to set up cars how we would want them.

But what do I know.

r1owner
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM
plus Obama is involved but no one is a car freak.

OMG! So like he determines the content of cars. You think he talks to the head of GM on design decisions? GTFO. So sick of everyone blaming Obama for everything wrong with GM when they probably wouldn't even fucking be here if it wasn't for the gov't bailing them out.

r1owner
10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
You're assuming they stop work to have lunch.
:)

Hehe... point taken.

DJ_JonnyV
10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
OMG! So like he determines the content of cars. You think he talks to the head of GM on design decisions? GTFO. So sick of everyone blaming Obama for everything wrong with GM when they probably wouldn't even fucking be here if it wasn't for the gov't bailing them out.

Tell me you're not an Obama fanboy?!?! I agree with you to a certain extent on this though. BTW, when we going to lay some diminishing abrasives down on that Mazda???

r1owner
10-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Whenever you get some time. Does it ever get too cold to where you can't use that stuff? Maybe sometime next spring at this point?

DJ_JonnyV
10-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread. I'll give you a call this weekend.

boi1da
11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Subscribed. I'd loooooooove to have this!!!! Please someone figure out how to get these in our cars!