PDA

View Full Version : First Time Autocrosser

stryker g8gt
10-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Did my first Auto Cross this past weekend, what a blast!!! I am hooked. Going to go to another one this coming weekend at BMW's course........ Just got to get my Understeer undercontrol....... Going to try to adjust the front sway bar to be a little looser, and hopefully get the camber adjusted too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHA_rpi2f3w

Fixed

norm8332
10-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Cant see

1ChargedG8
10-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice! Autocross is always fun!

DRCUSTOMPARTS
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Looks like fun! What position did you finish?

travis gore
10-13-2010, 02:57 AM
those tracks that they set up look confusing to me. Do you get a few runs before the timing starts? It does look like fun. I would like to try next spring to do some auto cross. Just a couple of more suspension parts to go and I will be ready. How do the summer only tires hold up while doing the auto cross?

TurboMike
10-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Was that an SCCA event? Our local SCCA would never have allowed that course with the outside of turns so close to curbs (with trees!) and the big sweeper right near the parking area. I wouldnt have parked my car there.

Did anyone spin and come near anything?

whiterp199
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
The course did look a little shabby still a good time though.

stryker g8gt
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I signed in the novice class, and did not finish last (but that is all I will say). The parking lot and course was rough. A few people lost it going into the last long sweeping curve due to a ridge in the parking lot grade. I understeered like crazy, put I was being too aggresive. It was the University's car club that sposored and they used some SCCA rules, but I do not believe it was anything official. We only got to walk the course at the beginning of the day, and we all looked hard at the trees, curbs, and concrete light pole dead center....... lol

I am trying to attend the one this weekend at BMW Motor Sports track. Should be better. I have to loosen up my front sway bar, and try to get some neg. camber, before then for the understeer.

-Ray-
10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Deff sliding that left front tire. Glad you had fun.

jonnynadeau
10-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Now look to lighten the G8! Carbon Fiber? Throw a seat or three out?

stryker g8gt
10-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Now look to lighten the G8! Carbon Fiber? Throw a seat or three out?

Yeah, if it wasn't football season, I would have more time to play around with things on the car.

jonnynadeau
10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I hear ya, G8<Football<hot women!

stryker g8gt
10-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Well did my second auto cross, this time much bigger setup, SCCA ran. Was at the BMW USA Plant in Greer, SC.......now that was fun... hitting some descent speeds, straight aways, apex, curves, slalom, 155 cars. I ran Novice agian, but checked my time against other cars in the SS class and I was right in there on my times..
Getting the -.75 camber on front end, and lowering the BMR sway bar to the lossest setting was a big factory. Vid id on facebook under Subaru Folger auto cross tags