PDA

View Full Version : First time @ track with G8

Flipped192
10-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Planning on hitting up New England Dragway friday night in the G8.
I have no idea what to expect for times. I got my GTP to 14.2 with stock pulley , tune and CAI.

Currently I have a Rotofab and some brand new Bridgestone Potenzas. It looks like I should be around 13.8 to 13.4 .
What do you guys think? Any tips for launching etc?
Thanks.

thebeast
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
sport mode. traction control off. see if you can hold the brakes and raise your rpms a little bit. i was able to with my brembos, but try it out and see what best

saltyrodz
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Like beast said plus if u can try to launch at 1200 to 1500 rpm more than that and I have noticed wheel spin is really bad on stock tires if you got different tires u got to play around plus change tire pressures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travis gore
10-07-2010, 01:37 AM
launch from idle and ease into it. Each pass after try raising your launch rpm until you find a good rpm for the car. I guess 13.7

1meand
10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
If the track is good and sticky you shouldn't have to worry about spinning. With my mods, in July and August I was able to just floor it when the light turned green. I was able to do that with the summer 245s and with the same brand 275s. I can spin them at will on the road, but the track had plenty of traction. I got the same time whether I was in sport or drive, so I leave it in drive. I might try raising my rpms next time. Good luck.