PDA

View Full Version : Kooks lt's, Rotofab...

JimmyJazz
11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Kooks 1 7/8 lt's w/cats, Kooks xpipe, stock mufflers, Rotofab intake custom tune by Texas Speed and Performance. 351.12 rwhp, 358.78 rwtq on a DynoJet dyno. Sorry but I don't have a scanner.

99-LS1-SS
11-25-2008, 06:05 PM
How do you like the sound with the stock mufflers? That is the route I think I want to go. I don't want a loud car, I want a fast sneaky car.

JimmyJazz
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
It's too damn quiet !!! Really, it's barely different than stock. I'll do springs and shocks first then a Magnaflow axle back, or maybe by the time I do it Corsa or Borla will have one. I like the quad tips so I'm not going with a SLP or Kooks exhaust.

99-LS1-SS
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
That's all the better for me. From everything I've read the LT's with the stock mufflers only loses 3-4 rwhp. I can live with that all day long if I have a sleeper.

G8GTlawride
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
That's all the better for me. From everything I've read the LT's with the stock mufflers only loses 3-4 rwhp. I can live with that all day long if I have a sleeper.

It actually loses about 2. You will like the sound of the car with the LT's. I have ARH LT's and stock muffs with the Roto CAI. Quiet yet quick!

Mike P
11-25-2008, 10:19 PM
It actually loses about 2. You will like the sound of the car with the LT's. I have ARH LT's and stock muffs with the Roto CAI. Quiet yet quick!

Yep, I totally agree. I think my sound is perfect for what I want. I fast car with a stealthy sound.

I've got a clip on You Tube, just search for LT Headers G8.

But I need to do another one outside & behind the car.