PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Noise?

Virus
09-20-2010, 07:22 AM
I wasn't sure which are to post this in, but here goes. I have noticed a tremendous amount of squeaking coming from what I think are the seals in the sunroof. It's most notable going over speed bumps, backing out or heading into driveways, etc. If I push up/down on the sun roof or the surrounding area on the roof I can duplicate this sound. When it's open, I cannot replicate nor do I hear the noise. Any thoughts?

Monty
09-20-2010, 08:02 AM
You are not alone. Mine does the same thing. It seems if there is a twist in the body you get a squeek. If I pop open the roof and close it the squeek goes away.

SRG963
09-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Adams VRT applied on the rubber felt will keep it from squeaking. I apply it about every 2 months.

Virus
09-20-2010, 08:36 AM
That's an easy fix. It started about 6 months ago, but now that it's getting colder in the mornings it does it like crazy.

WhiteDeathLSX
09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I hate it too... :( the dealer greased the alleys in the sunroof and that did the trick... for about 2-3 months. It seems as though we have to continuously lube the rails.

Virus
09-21-2010, 04:42 AM
I ran some Adams VRT along the seals as best I could and all the creaking is gone. Since the VRT is super expensive I think I will stop by an auto parts store and pick up some silicone spray. The spray will probably last longer.

SRG963
09-21-2010, 04:49 AM
Wurth rubber care gel stick is another option.

BlackGT5
09-22-2010, 01:34 PM
From the owners manual:

Weatherstrips
Silicone grease on weatherstrips will
make them last longer, seal better,
and not stick or squeak. Apply
silicone grease with a clean cloth.
During very cold, damp weather
frequent application may be required.
See “Fluids and Lubricants” in the
Index of the “Maintenance and
Warranty and Owner assistance
Information” manual.

Chewy
10-29-2010, 05:13 AM
I ran some Adams VRT along the seals as best I could and all the creaking is gone. Since the VRT is super expensive I think I will stop by an auto parts store and pick up some silicone spray. The spray will probably last longer.

I used SUPER VRT on mine. It's water proof and offers an SPF of 40. Silicon will not offer you that SPF. Super VRT is also water resistant so it last and lasts. I put it on in August and have has nary a peep from it. I also use it on all my door seals.