PDA

View Full Version : 95 Buick LT-1 Roadmasters

bobyoung
11-25-2008, 12:20 AM
These have the same detuned 260 HP motors that are also in the Chevy SS's, what can be done to get more HP and torque out of these? Are there tunes for these cars? I have both a wagon and a sedan, both fairly fast the way they sit now. The sedan is like driving your living room around...fast and comfortable.
I don't really want to spend a fortune on them either but will consider all ideas.

GRRRR8
11-25-2008, 05:14 AM
CAI helps these cars a LOT! A higfh flow cat (Random Tech) gets rid of teh factory restrictive 1. I would not make it loud. If the factory wires, plugs and ignition module have not been changed, do that just as maint. Make sure the fuel filter is replaced regularly.

Cashed
11-25-2008, 07:54 AM
LT1edit is a good tuning program. Somewhere I have a contact for a guy there. I am currently building an LT1 from an 9c1 caprice...same motor as your Roadmaster. Good motors. I am doing mild work to my LT1...LT4 hot cam kit from Pace Performance, LT1edit tune, long tube headers, cold air intake. EFI GM engines are very responsive to CAIs and headers.

I want a Roadmaster wagon so bad I cant stand it. The wife has threatened to leave if I bring another car home, though. Man I am going to miss her. LOL

Mich's04
11-25-2008, 08:29 AM
If you can find a 3.08 rearend out of a 94-96 Impala SS, that would be a improvement over the stock 2.56 rear.

My father has '96 Impala SS that we did a few mods to to wake up the 260hp LT1.
Flowmaster exhaust, RamAir CAI, Crane 1.6 Roller rockers, 52mm Throttle body, adjustable fuel pressure regulator. And a tuning session on a chassis dyno.

I believe stock the rwhp is around 217. With the few mods we did and tuning we could only muster 263 rwhp and 307 rw ft.lb torque. Which the tuner said equates to around 325hp and 380 ft.lb torque- gross rating.

bobyoung
11-26-2008, 11:34 PM
LT1edit is a good tuning program. Somewhere I have a contact for a guy there. I am currently building an LT1 from an 9c1 caprice...same motor as your Roadmaster. Good motors. I am doing mild work to my LT1...LT4 hot cam kit from Pace Performance, LT1edit tune, long tube headers, cold air intake. EFI GM engines are very responsive to CAIs and headers.

I want a Roadmaster wagon so bad I cant stand it. The wife has threatened to leave if I bring another car home, though. Man I am going to miss her. LOL

The wagon I have is a nice one, just turned 100 grand and was driven by an old lady, haha! No seriously, her son said she couldn't back any other kind of car up without hitting something, had been driving them for 40 years. If you buy one of these or a sedan for that matter, expect to have to fix the air suspension as everyone lets them go, can be expensive but not so bad if they just need new air shocks, plenty of after market air shocks made for them. This wagon surprises a lot of Rice boxes, haha! Really cool well handling boat, very comfortable and loads of room inside unlike a Magnum, mine even has a vista cruiser window in the roof with little curtains to pull over the window..very elegant, haha! The windows tend to start going around this time and are about 500.00 a pop. But if you cab a good solid car that been taken care of it should outlast you. Mine's a limited and has all the options. Look around on ebay, close to your house take a drive and check them out, that's how I got mine, drove two hundred miles to Long Island to pick it up and the other I drove to the farthest you can get from here in CT almost to the NY border.

todds87ss
11-27-2008, 06:26 AM
I almost got stuck with a 4.3l lt-1. I was shopping for a replacement motor for my 94Z. A guy says "yea, I got an LT-1 for 750". I went to pick it up, only to see the 4.3 stamp on the tranny end. Eight cylinder LT-1 is not always a good thing.