PDA

View Full Version : Running RICH!!??

Chewy
11-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey guys,

This isn't really a ask Charlie only ???

The back of my car is getting COATED with black from the exhaust. When I detail it it cakes up on the M/F towels and I am a bit worried about it. When I drive at night either my tires are picking up a lot of dust (snow tires) or the engine is running rich. I DO NOT see this during the day. It's VERY cold so the exhaust is condensing really bad so maybe that's the issue.

I am wondering if a tune is needed. All I have is a CAI and M/F exhaust with the HSRK.

I wanted to wait till we got warm weather fuel to tune it but would tune it now if it reduced this black shit! The only nice thing is that my car is black! lol

Chris

GRRRR8
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
TUNE! You just need to have it tuned for the CAI and you will be fine.

Chewy
11-24-2008, 12:54 PM
TUNE! You just need to have it tuned for the CAI and you will be fine.

OK I thunk so! I want to wait till real gas comes back...

I wonder what deal Kirk could run me for rechecking it once summer gas came back...

wreckwriter
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Have it tuned as if the gas were good, it will adjust for the lesser gas then adjust back when you get the good stuff. Get Kirk to confirm that but I believe it's accurate.

GRRRR8
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Yes it will do just that.

Chewy
11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Maybe I should call Kirk huh?

lol

:)

-Ray-
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Duh.

Chewy
11-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Duh.

Yeah I still think I'll wait till after the holidays! Can't bear to break free of the money.

I also want to give him time to test the reduced TQ management he talked about in the sport mode.

-Ray-
11-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Mines running rich too. At low rpm only though.

13 QTR
11-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah I still think I'll wait till after the holidays! Can't bear to break free of the money.

I also want to give him time to test the reduced TQ management he talked about in the sport mode.

I'll let you know on the reduced torque mode...the flash cables will be here tomorrow....that's what I'm getting put in...plus the speedo recalibrated for the 3.27 gears.