PDA

View Full Version : Red/Onyx Leather

BudaG8
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Hey Paul

Any idea how much to get a full set of front and rear red\onyx leather seat covers shipped to Texas? Is it even possible to get them?

Thanks

Steve

Seattle09GT
09-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey Paul

Any idea how much to get a full set of front and rear red\onyx leather seat covers shipped to Texas? Is it even possible to get them?

Thanks

Steve

You can find the whole seats on eBay for sale frequently. eBay is a great site for G8 parts because these cars are getting totalled out at an alarming rate. I'm sure you can get the seat covers via the dealership, but be prepared to PAY. If you had a good interior shop add the red seating areas you'd probably pay less than buying the seats or getting the covers, and probably get better stitching and materials in the process. OTOH if you buy seats via eBay there is nothing to prevent you from selling yours. I would think if you have leather you could recover at least some of your cost.

BudaG8
09-07-2010, 12:43 PM
You can find the whole seats on eBay for sale frequently. eBay is a great site for G8 parts because these cars are getting totalled out at an alarming rate. I'm sure you can get the seat covers via the dealership, but be prepared to PAY. If you had a good interior shop add the red seating areas you'd probably pay less than buying the seats or getting the covers, and probably get better stitching and materials in the process. OTOH if you buy seats via eBay there is nothing to prevent you from selling yours. I would think if you have leather you could recover at least some of your cost.

I've been watching eBay. I actually remember seeing a set of red/onyx seats a long time ago. I think they were asking about $800. Unfortunately I wasn't in position to jump on them at the time. I checked a local upolstery shop about replacing the perforated inserts with red. Best estimate was around $400 a seat. A little more than I was hoping to pay.

Seattle09GT
09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I've been watching eBay. I actually remember seeing a set of red/onyx seats a long time ago. I think they were asking about $800. Unfortunately I wasn't in position to jump on them at the time. I checked a local upolstery shop about replacing the perforated inserts with red. Best estimate was around $400 a seat. A little more than I was hoping to pay.

I've seen some great custom work done on the site here from other G8 owners going beyond the seating surfaces paying for less than that. $400 a seat seems steep to me. I remember those seats on eBay, I think you're spot on for $800. I thought about them too - LOL - didn't have the bones at the time either.

r1owner
09-07-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd love to get the interior bits off that calais that they show with the beige interior.

Seattle09GT
09-07-2010, 03:02 PM
I'd love to get the interior bits off that calais that they show with the beige interior.

I have pondered how much it would cost to do beige on the seating areas, door panels and door arm rests. Then I think about how I could spend money on other things. Damn it, curse you responsibility. Curse you!!!

r1owner
09-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I wonder if you put two feral cats in there could you claim it on insurance? Just kidding... Not a fan of insurance fraud.

The car is just too damn dark with all that black interior. Did you see pics of the Calais interior with the beige bits? It looked so much nicer. I would love the two tone dash, but I'd settle for just the seats, carpet and door panels.

r1owner
09-07-2010, 03:06 PM
http://p.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/holden-calais-2-big.jpg

Seattle09GT
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't have Photoshop on this computer but I would think if you did the headrests, side bolsters, the surface door handles and the faux leather door panels in beige, cover the factory armrest with beige leather, and leave the black seat inserts you would get a desired effect that would appear "factory."

Probably a lot of bank. My last three cars have had black/very very dark gray interiors and I have vowed in my head the next ride will have some color in there.

Crazy Paul
09-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Hey Paul
Thanks
Steve

Sent you a PM.
Pricing is insane buying all new parts.

r1owner
09-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Paul,

What kind of ballpark are we talking about?

Greg@PacePerformance
09-08-2010, 05:10 AM
I am pretty sure GM covers are about $1000 per seat and I'm not sure about the rears.

r1owner
09-08-2010, 05:16 AM
I am pretty sure GM covers are about $1000 per seat and I'm not sure about the rears.

Yikes! Thanks for the info.

BudaG8
09-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Yikes! Thanks for the info.

Yea, I hope you're sitting down. CP gave me a quote of $5800 for the whole set, NOT INCLUDING shipping. That's his price, no markup, no nothing. :surprise:

Seattle09GT
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Yea, I hope you're sitting down. CP gave me a quote of $5800 for the whole set, NOT INCLUDING shipping. That's his price, no markup, no nothing. :surprise:

Holy endangered species skins Batman!

r1owner
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Dang.. Even if you could get 800 for your set, that still wouldn't be enough to offset the cost of the new stuff.

Does that include carpet, console and door panels then?

Crazy Paul
09-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Prices straight from Holden.
AUD$5800 for the 7 pieces in LEATHER redhot/onyx.
AUD$1890 for the 7 pieces in CLOTH redhot/onyx.

r1owner
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
The price doesn't shock me in the least.

I still want them, I just can't afford them. :(

What are the 7 pieces?

BudaG8
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
The price doesn't shock me in the least.

I still want them, I just can't afford them. :(

What are the 7 pieces?

RedHot /Onyx LEATHER
Left front seat back, Right front seat back, 2 x front seat bases.
Left rear seat back, Right rear seat back, 1 x long seat base.
AUD$5773.84

It makes the quote of $400 a seat I got from a local shop to put in red inserts look alot better.

BudaG8
09-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I just checked the latest conversions rates. AUD$5800 = US$5300 :whistle: Anybody?

r33pwrd
09-08-2010, 01:14 PM
how about katskinz? when I was buying my G8 I found one without leather and I got a quote for 1K installed for their leather... and I would be willing to bet the quality is better than what we get from Holden! PLus you could trhan sell your OEM leather covers :)

BudaG8
09-08-2010, 01:22 PM
how about katskinz? when I was buying my G8 I found one without leather and I got a quote for 1K installed for their leather... and I would be willing to bet the quality is better than what we get from Holden! PLus you could trhan sell your OEM leather covers :)

Funny you should mention Katzkin. I sent them an inquiry last night. Haven't heard anything back yet. I'll let you know what they say.

r33pwrd
09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
call one of their dealers / installers in your area... they will just refer you to them anyways (If I remeber right)

Seattle09GT
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM

For $4,000!!! They would be a bargain at that price!!! ;)

r33pwrd
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
For $4,000!!! They would be a bargain at that price!!! ;)

I hope to god no one spends that on the shit leather in the G8! I have owned 25 plus cars and the G8s "leather" was / is by far the worst yet! hell my Yukon Denli with 50K on it looks like new leather and my G8 starting wearing at 5K miles :(

VegasNate
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Gator skin....do it!

Seattle09GT
09-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Gator skin....do it!

No, no, no, go Aussie. Either Emu or Kangaroo leather!!!

jeffgtx
11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi Paul.

Any material price change on either onyx/red seat cover (cloth or leather) lately?

There's a set of cloth seats on eBay but they come with the seat frames etc.
Thanks
jeff

Monty
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
There is leather and red seats on ebay even comes with the center consol. $489.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-Pontiac-G8-GT-Black-Red-Heated-Leather-Seats-OEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b558987cQQitemZ14048 1435772QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Crazy Paul
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Paul.
Any material price change on either onyx/red seat cover (cloth or leather) lately?
There's a set of cloth seats on eBay but they come with the seat frames etc.
Thanks
jeff

The OEM replacement part prices are never going to suddenly become 2/3 off or 90% reduced overnight.
Your only hope to achieve seat cover changes economically is to either find surplus covers from a wreck or find an upholsterer locally.

jeffgtx
12-01-2010, 12:25 AM
that ebay auction set has quite a few holes, etc.

i know it is rare, but on occasion prices do change and the reason i asked is i just got quoted a complete set for a different GM car cloth seat covers, front and rear for $660 for the OEM cloth, so i was optimisticly hoping there was a chance these came down into the same ballpark. that's all.

thanks.

BudaG8
12-01-2010, 05:30 PM
There is leather and red seats on ebay even comes with the center consol. $489.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-Pontiac-G8-GT-Black-Red-Heated-Leather-Seats-OEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b558987cQQitemZ14048 1435772QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Yea, the asking price has come down from $800 or so, but I'm too picky to take them with all of the wear and holes. It looks like I am going to bite the bullet and have a local shop replace my onyx inserts with red. I have a V6 so unfortunately the onyx/red interior was not an option when I bought the car. Just waiting for the perforated red leather to come in. :clap:

It's A G8!
12-01-2010, 08:33 PM
What about these?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-VE-SS-Pontiac-G8-Leather-seat-interior-ute-/200550190853?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb1b90f05

Crazy Paul
12-01-2010, 09:03 PM
What about these?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-VE-SS-Pontiac-G8-Leather-seat-interior-ute-/200550190853?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb1b90f05

Good find.

Be really careful and do not buy without stipulating its for a G8 sedan in USA with Left Hand Drive.
(You have to always remember LHD and RHD cars have a lot of subtle differences.....also mention if you have heated seats because we do not have those in Aus).

jeffgtx
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
says in the listing they are not genuine holden, but same specs. i would want genuine holden. but a good deal obviously if thats not important.

Ewing
11-10-2012, 08:19 AM
I have a tear on the front passenger seat back on my onyx/red leather seat (damn laptop!). I found the part# for just the seat leather cover part# 92207968 for onyx/red. The cheapest price I found was $570, and again that's for the seat back leather cover portion. Does not include the bottom part or any hardware. I've only found 1 set of onyx/red seats on eBay and they will only sell the whole set at an insane $1200. I obviously only want the front passenger seat. I am waiting on LKQ to open on Monday as they may have one for $465. This sucks...All for one little tear that I can't live with. I am going to spend what I could have gotten my Katech coil relocation and valve cover kit for. Anyone else have a line on these let me know.

Semperfire
11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
I found a girl in Australia that does seat covers complete custom however you want. Not OEM but WAY better leather and nowhere near the cost mentioned in this thread. I can PM details if you want wait time is a bit since they are made and shipped.

***edit*** They are more than 600 for all. And I was just putting it out there. The OEM is crap leather compared to them wife's has OE and I got a set its no contest. I'm sure she could just make one.
But good luck sorry to hear.

Mine

Ewing
11-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I found a girl in Australia that does seat covers complete custom however you want. Not OEM but WAY better leather and nowhere near the cost mentioned in this thread. I can PM details if you want wait time is a bit since they are made and shipped.

That would mean changing all the seats which I don't want to do...And I wouldn't trust any leather that would cover all seats and cost less than $600 IMHO. I'm trying hard to find a used seat but they are hard to find in onyx/red and when you do, they only want to sell in a set. If LKQ has one in good condition for $465, I think it's my best bet.

Some local upholstery shop said they knew the GM leather parts supplier and strung me along for a week saying that he can just order the leather itself and stitch it on but when he got it it did not match.:facepalm2: If someone actually did know who supplies that leather to GM/Holden that might be a solution...

Crazy Paul
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
That would mean changing all the seats which I don't want to do...If someone actually did know who supplies that leather to GM/Holden that might be a solution...
I received your e-mail and I'm working on it, give me a while.
I could be wrong here but for some reason I had a feeling the VE Holden leather came from The Netherlands.

EcoBrick Bob
11-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Hey CP..

Any wrecked cars in AU where one could get the used beige leather panels at a more reasonable price?

Crazy Paul
11-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Hey CP..
Any wrecked cars in AU where one could get the used beige leather panels at a more reasonable price?

This guys website shows cars currently being wrecked.
You'll be looking for a VE Calais with Light Urban interior.
http://www.borgies.com.au/

Crazy Paul
11-10-2012, 11:15 PM
This guy claims to have the OEM Light Urban trim material, he would be worth a try for some Red Hot material also.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-LIGHT-URBAN-SEAT-DOOR-OEM-VINYL-MATERIAL-TRIM-/130796961482?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e741b3eca