PDA

View Full Version : New Best 12.59 and Challenger SRT8 Kill

racerns
11-22-2008, 11:11 PM
I decided to take advantage of the cold air and went out to the test and tune at Virginia Motorsports Park. I got there late and only had 2 hours to run but it was pretty empty and I was able to roll up and run when I wanted. I was able to get 9 runs in. My slowest was my first of a 12.71@107.99 with 1.911 60'. That was the only run I let it shift into 4th. My best was a 12.597@109.64 with a 1.893 60' (see attached slip). Here is the kind of strange part. I went to the track expecting big MPH today since the DA was in the -1600ft range but did not do any better (trap speed wise) than a few weeks ago when I ran 110mph with a DA of ~1200ft. This was a different track so that could be some of the difference. I was not the only one though that thought the mph was down for such a good air day, many of the other racers were saying the same thing. There was a pretty good head wind so that could account for some it. Need less to say I was lauching the car better as I improved my ET by 3 tenths. So is this the fastest bolt-on (stock 19"tire too) G8 time?

There happened to be a new Challenger SRT8 there. He said that he had a CAI and a tune. We ran 3 different times and I beat him every time. The times were always very close (within ~1 tenth) but I got him every time to the line and ET. He did not seem to happy when I told all I had done was CAI, headers, and a tune. He was thinking I had more done to it. I even had another guy ask me if the car has nitrous. Another good showing for the G8.

Mike P
11-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Great times! I think I need to plan a trip to Virginia next November to take advantage of the great DA numbers....

Shit man, awesome! :)

-Ray-
11-23-2008, 03:46 AM
Nice runs Neil. Good kill too!

99-LS1-SS
11-23-2008, 04:01 AM
What are you mods?

That's a great 60' time!

GRRRR8
11-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Very good ETs! Yet another one I have to take down! lol

racerns
11-23-2008, 07:04 AM
What are you mods?

That's a great 60' time!
Thanks, I was pretty pleased.
Mods are New Era CAI, ARH 1-3/4" catted long tubes, local tune, and a few free mods nothing else. The runs were all on the stock 19" tires but the track was prepped well. Anyone know of a bolt-on G8 with a faster time?

Great times! I think I need to plan a trip to Virginia next November to take advantage of the great DA numbers....

The DA was pretty great, but unfortunely I think the strong head wind negated some of the effect as I have run a litte better mph on a ~1200ft DA day.

Panther 2
11-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Exellent times , great 60' times as well. I knew these cars had a .50 in them, again congradulations!

GRRRR8
11-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks, I was pretty pleased.
Mods are New Era CAI, ARH 1-3/4" catted long tubes, local tune, and a few free mods nothing else. The runs were all on the stock 19" tires but the track was prepped well. Anyone know of a bolt-on G8 with a faster time?

The DA was pretty great, but unfortunely I think the stong head wind negated some of the effect as I have run a litte better mph on a ~1200ft DA day.

Not yet, but I think its sitting in my garage twitching! LOL