PDA

View Full Version : Just got rear-ended

mdg8gxp
08-30-2010, 01:26 PM
So the wife and I are sitting at a traffic light this morning when we were rear-ended by a lady in a Toyota Corrola - she apparently had a stroke, it may have been while driving - and drove straight into us....our poor G8 is hurt, but more importantly nobody was injured. Poor lady that hit us is in the hospital from the stroke - doesn't remember a thing.

So, now I need to find a good body shop in the Baltimore area - any recommendations?

G8GT594
08-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Damn man :( Any pictures of the damage? Glad that you guys didn't get hurt.

SRG963
08-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Thought there was going to be a Toyota joke in there....glad your family is safe.

-Ray-
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear. Hope it gets fixed ok.

travis gore
08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I am glad everyone is ok. I hope you are back on the road soon.

GRRRR8
08-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Gald you and the wife are OK. Hopefully the other driver will pull through as well.

mdg8gxp
08-30-2010, 04:01 PM
We're going to stop by the hospital tomorrow and check on her, realy weird, same birthday and year as my wife. 56 is way to young for a stroke....

jaxredg8
08-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Good luck with the repairs.

MyGrayG8
08-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Glad to hear that you and your wife are okay. Hopefully the other driver will recover. Hope the vehicle repair goes well.

wnt2gofst
08-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear all ok. I know wrecking the car sucks. Specially when not ur fault.

Panzer Leader
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Glad everyone is OK. That is an accident, hope she recovers. Looks cosmetic, bumper cover mainly. How is the trunk? Appears she nose dived under your rear end. Hope no rear suspension damage. Good luck.

kevinm0131
08-31-2010, 02:27 AM
Dittos on you and your wife are OK, hope the same is true for the other lady. The damage doesn't look too bad, of courseif it was mine, IT WOULD BE HORRENDOUS!
K

texn884
08-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Glad you all are ok.

Last Friday on my way home on I35 going through San Marcos, TX I was in the left lane and just tapped the brake peddle and the next thing that happened was two vehicles hit eachother infron of the pick up in front of me and it was like a big Nascar wreck. Lots of white tire smoke me hitting the brakes so hard trying not to hit the truck in fromt of me and watching my rear view mirror and seeing one of the pick ups hit the cement divider and luckly it did not bounce off and wipe me out. If that would of happened a few 18 wheelers would of crushed me and my car. I kept the steering wheel going straight and once thru the wreck I hit the gas.

What a way to end the week. :flame:

MoonPie
08-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Damn, I'm glad you and your wife are fine and I hope the poor lady recovers. You never know with a stroke. They can be debilitating or people are able to recover. I hope the latter for her. My heart goes out to you in this tough time. I'm sure your GXP will make a fine recovery. It will miss you as much as you miss it and when its healthy again, you'll have just as much fun with it as you did before the wreck. Just be patient wih it. It may be a little skiddish at first but it'll come out of its shell soon enough with a little coaxing. It's rear may be a little sore, some wax and love will help. I know all too well about wrecking these things.

todds87ss
08-31-2010, 01:51 PM
That looks like a lot of damage. Glad you and wife are OK. Just do not accept a less than perfect car back from the body shop.
Strokes are a bitch! I always thought that they happened to older folks, but my wife had one at 41. When she was in ICU, there were 2 other women fairly young that had stroked out. Hope all turns out OK.

mdg8gxp
08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the concern, the wife and I are fine - we're actually pretty resilient for our age. I'm more worried about my blood pressure after spending some time on the phone with the insurance company. What a bunch of boneheads. :facepalm2: Still no word on how the lady who hit us is doing. I can't get angry about this, she has more to worry about than bent sheet metal, no matter how cool the car is.

I'll know tomorow what the damage really is- the car will be in the body shop and I'll go over to look at it with the estimator. I haven't been able to crawl under it to get an idea if the suspension is screwed up. Hope not....Trunk lid is shot - haven't looked inside yet to see if anything is buckled. Assuming that it all is cosmetic (I hope) I will at least have the opportunity to get my new Corsa exhaust (thanks Aden) to replace the damaged exhaust. And if I'm really lucky..I'll be able to get the new Kooks on at the same time.

todds87ss
09-01-2010, 04:34 AM
I will at least have the opportunity to get my new Corsa exhaust (thanks Aden) to replace the damaged exhaust. And if I'm really lucky..I'll be able to get the new Kooks on at the same time.

Now that is the attitude of the real enthusiest (sp?)! Too bad the hood was not damaged. Could be time for a Maggie!

TxNessie84
09-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Assuming that it all is cosmetic (I hope) I will at least have the opportunity to get my new Corsa exhaust (thanks Aden) to replace the damaged exhaust. And if I'm really lucky..I'll be able to get the new Kooks on at the same time.

Good attitude. Hopefully everything gets fixed quickly and is better than new when all is said and done.

jeppsG8
09-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Wasn't there a maggie in the trunk when it got hit. :)

Seriously, glad you and wife are okay. Hope the clean up goes well.

edmanet
09-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Try Cliffs on Mace Ave......tell'em the guy in the blue G8 sent you...LOL

edmanet
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM
We're going to stop by the hospital tomorrow and check on her, realy weird, same birthday and year as my wife. 56 is way to young for a stroke....
Attached Images
8-30-10 12..bmp (900.1 KB, 56 views) ....

Looks like $8K in damages to me.

mdg8gxp
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Well it is a small world..I ended up with Cliff's as my choice - one of the reasons was that he just finished a blue G8 that was hit in the rear...so he had some experience with a G8....hope you are satisfied with the work!

-Ray-
09-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Looks like the quarter panel wasn't damaged, so that's a good thing.

1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
09-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Damn that sucks bro,sorry to hear about your GXP...Hopefully they won't have to straighten out the frame,me I just got rearended on Friday the 13th but on the driver side(frame work is needed) :( ...Hope all goes well...

-Ray-
09-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Damn that sucks bro,sorry to hear about your GXP...Hopefully they won't have to straighten out the frame,me I just got rearended on Friday the 13th but on the driver side(frame work is needed) :( ...Hope all goes well...

I used to live in the 909. Creekside.

izayn
09-08-2010, 04:45 AM
That looks like the way I go hit about a year ago...my damages were about 10,000......Funny thing is the car was completely drivable and I drove to work the next day in it

1GXP4ME
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
What road is that Key highway?

1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Off the 60 FWY in Ontario right??