PDA

View Full Version : Roto-Fab Customer service

Bhuge
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
I am sure the Roto-fab CAI has already had a complete review written up. What I would like to talk about is Roto-fab as a company, particularly customer service. Saturday night I had a check engine light come in on the G8. So, I pulled the code up on the dashawk to find out its the engine too lean. I popped the hood and found the 90 degree elbow on the Roto-fab CAI was cracked. My first thought was "great what is this gonna cost". That night I contact Roto-fab via there website. I figured Monday they would see the email. Tuesday I would get an email back. Then with ordering, processing, and shipping I was looking at over a week. I was shock Sunday when I opened my email to find a response already. Mike MClain only asked for a shipping address and said he would ship it on Monday. Sure enough today (Tuesday) when I get home from work it is sitting on my porch. Its nice to see a company that stands by its product. The part was replaced for free with a 3 day turn around. (One of those days being a Sunday.) If any one asks me for a recommendation for a CAI, I'll tell them its Roto-fab FTW! You can't beat their customer service.

Mike P
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Great story & great write up! :)

-Ray-
08-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Agreed, customer service from Roto-Fab is outstanding.

screw991le
08-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Agreed, I had a mix up with parts, they made it right. They e-mailed me at like 5am. Great CS is hard to come by these days.

GeoffA
08-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Agreed, customer service from Roto-Fab is outstanding.

+1

texn884
08-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I talked to the owner after I had mine installed and told him about a issue I was having and we must of talked for a hour to give me some solutions and I was very happy with the results. Plus it was after hours on a Friday and the owner picks up the ringing phone and spends the time with me to talk about my issue.

That is what we need more of in this country to make good on their products and make their products here in the GRRRR8 USA.:usa2:

Fatdaddy
08-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Let me add my testimony that Roto-Fab has outstanding customer service to go with grrrr8 products. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Mike McLain, the owner, on a problem. He was extremely helpful and took care of me. Top notch company.

jnak
08-25-2010, 06:55 AM
+1 for Roto-Fab, I bought mine used and they still replaced the elbow for free, including shipping to Canada.

travis gore
08-25-2010, 07:15 AM
good to hear that companies still care about customers.

rez0nance
08-25-2010, 11:00 AM
100% agree with everyone, Roto-Fab CS is outstanding and Mike in particular is a dream to work with. When I ordered my CAI as well as all the engine bay trim, he not only worked with me to set up a package deal, but came up with a few suggestions (that I hadn't thought of or knew possible) as to what he could do that would fit what I was going for the best. It's like he completely understood what I was going for without me even having to state it.

Definitely very highly recommended vendor!

GoneUpInFlames
08-25-2010, 01:06 PM
This just furthers my resolve that this is the product for me. I've been considering Vararam and the VCM OTR but I think I'm going to stick with Roto-fab for this reason. Good customer service is definitely hard to come by, I know because I work in the service industry and people are just completely taken aback when they actually get a clear resolution to their problem, even if it involves me going out of my way to help them.

Roto-fab
09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the positive comments about our company. We do make a very serious effort to satisfy every customer. Of course, it is our goal to provide you with a product that never gives you a reason to be involved with "service after the sale!" However, you can be assured we are here to help out if something pops up. Thanks again.
Mike

recii8472
09-22-2010, 10:41 AM
You can't go wrong with Roto Fab!

Threadjack - can the polished inlet tube on the Camaro intake be modified for use in the G8?:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempest2000
09-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I'll add my dealings with them. I've had some issues with my tune/trans and a rough idle. It broke the CAI box as I had everything really tight which was my fault and I wasn't expecting any handouts. My filter needed a little TLC after 40k miles so I called up RotoFab. They were awesome to deal with. I bought a replacement filter from them and they threw in the replacement box and screw kit for free. Can't ask for better service.

Roto-fab
09-30-2010, 05:52 AM
No, the Camaro tube doesn't fit the G8. The G8 tube actually steps upward about 1" as it turns whereas the Camaro tube stays on the same plane throughout the radius. We did fabricate one polished G8 tube, but it is a "piece together" , weld and grind smooth before polishing. The end result is nice, but the tube is $240 because of the material cost and labor. We've only done one, and I don't have pictures of it. If you look at our gallery at roto-fab. com, under Camaro V8 pics find a S/C car with our polished tube. It is a multi-piece welded tube as well. This will give you an idea of the finish a G8 polished tube would have.

Roto-fab
09-30-2010, 05:53 AM
You can't go wrong with Roto Fab!

Threadjack - can the polished inlet tube on the Camaro intake be modified for use in the G8?:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the Camaro tube doesn't fit the G8. The G8 tube actually steps upward about 1" as it turns whereas the Camaro tube stays on the same plane throughout the radius. We did fabricate one polished G8 tube, but it is a "piece together" , weld and grind smooth before polishing. The end result is nice, but the tube is $240 because of the material cost and labor. We've only done one, and I don't have pictures of it. If you look at our gallery at roto-fab. com, under Camaro V8 pics find a S/C car with our polished tube. It is a multi-piece welded tube as well. This will give you an idea of the finish a G8 polished tube would have.

BORN2FLY
10-13-2010, 02:38 PM
BIG THANKS to Mike @ ROTO-FAB for providing outstanding customer service!!! I called and left a message for Mike over the weekend in reference to purchasing a maf sensor flange to replace my current cracked flange. He promptly returned my call early monday morning to verify the exact flange version that I have and then I started giving him my credit card info, to which he replied "no thanks... I only need your address to get your new flange kit shipped out to you today". I came in from work today and wow....I was greeted by a box from ROTO-FAB!!! Now, that's some super fast service right there!!! ~Tony M.

Night Train
10-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I purchased from them a second time. Great company. Responsive and knowledgeable.

Roto-fab
11-15-2010, 07:10 PM
We appreciate your continued support! With the G8 in particular, there isn't the possibility of getting very many repeat customers. Thank you.

smtty025
01-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Roto-Fab is the best intake for the g8

texn884
01-21-2011, 07:57 AM
+1 for sure.

Boss Hogg
03-11-2011, 09:26 PM
+1 Whoever packaged the radiator cover I bought last week needs to work for NASA. The rad cover was bubble wrapped with perfect precision.

texn884
03-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Mine was the same when I got it and also they sent some extra fastners so when we drop them into the black hole on the engine copartments we have a few extra to keep the install going forward.

Great customer service for sure.

Roto-fab
03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Great to hear all of the positive feedback! thanks everyone!

texn884
03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I hope business is good.

1 GM TECH
11-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Roto-Fab still has great customer service and great products

texn884
12-15-2017, 08:26 AM
Roto-Fab still has great customer service and great products

yes they do they are the best