Fresh out of the box. Extra resonator isn't very big
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/paycheck409/IMG_1988.jpg

Highly trained installation engineer at work
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/paycheck409/IMG_1991.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/paycheck409/IMG_1993.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/paycheck409/IMG_1994.jpg

Had to put some spacers in to get enough clearance
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/paycheck409/IMG_1995.jpg

Install was fairly easy. No cutting or bending necessary. Just a little muscle Thanks to the folks at Ryan's Motorsports in Garner, NC for the work.

Sounds nice and mellow at idle. Not a whole lot different from my StolenFox axlebacks with the bullet resonators. There is still an audible change when the AFM kicks in (what I consider drone). Need to drive it some today to break it in and find a way to record the sound (sorry guys, no digital camera here!).

Try this:
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2110298_7xowb/MFS2.wav
Sorry about the dead air in the beginning. The crackle at high volume is the recording, not the car

GRRRR8
11-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Looks good.

jbradsh1
11-23-2008, 02:44 AM
I wonder if you could buy the X pipe section that comes off the cat plus the next section with the small shared muffler but not get the axle back, i.e., keep the stock mufflers? Second question: would you pick up significant hp by doing this i.e., eliminating the stock resonator/muffler section where the pipe diameter downsizes to 2"?

edmanet
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Glad to see you got your exhaust.

GXPaycheck
11-28-2008, 12:37 PM
So who is close to me that has the other Magnaflow system? I would like to compare the two side by side.

jnak
11-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Nice. Try and get some sound clips up, I'd like to hear how it sounds.

jbradsh1
12-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Install was fairly easy. No cutting or bending necessary. Just a little muscle Thanks to the folks at Ryan's Motorsports in Garner, NC for the work.

Sounds nice and mellow at idle. Not a whole lot different from my StolenFox axlebacks with the bullet resonators. There is still an audible change when the AFM kicks in (what I consider drone). Need to drive it some today to break it in and find a way to record the sound (sorry guys, no digital camera here!).[/QUOTE]

What did the system set you back, including installation?

GXPaycheck
12-04-2008, 06:13 AM
If I remember correctly, it was $680 from Hottexhaust.com and they gave me a little off that for waiting patiently!
System is sounding good. Gonna try to make a couple audio files today. Folks that have ridden with me like it.

G8V8
12-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Have you had it at a cruise at 70-75 mph? Does it drone? What if you maintain those speeds when there is an incline and you or curise control feeds more throttle?

jbradsh1
12-04-2008, 07:36 AM
If I remember correctly, it was $680 from Hottexhaust.com and they gave me a little off that for waiting patiently!
System is sounding good. Gonna try to make a couple audio files today. Folks that have ridden with me like it.

Thanks for the info. I take it that $680 was for the entire cat-back system NOT including installation, right?

GXPaycheck
12-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Have you had it at a cruise at 70-75 mph? Does it drone? What if you maintain those speeds when there is an incline and you or curise control feeds more throttle?

You can still hear the difference when AFM cuts in. Cruising at steady speed has a nice mellow sound. Not real loud in cabin until the loud pedal is pushed. I don't hear any drone other than the 8-4 cyl switch. It's a tad louder than my SF setup, but I don't have enough first hand experience with the original MF system to explain the difference in sound.

GXPaycheck
12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I take it that $680 was for the entire cat-back system NOT including installation, right?

Correct as usual!

Chewy
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
You can still hear the difference when AFM cuts in. Cruising at steady speed has a nice mellow sound. Not real loud in cabin until the loud pedal is pushed. I don't hear any drone other than the 8-4 cyl switch. It's a tad louder than my SF setup, but I don't have enough first hand experience with the original MF system to explain the difference in sound.

Agreed! People call the AFM change drone but it's just a sound difference. More blapity IMO... Like a 4 banger with duals... lol

If you don't like it, switch it to manual and BYE BYE!

My full on M/F system has gotten louder as it's broken in... Still quiet at idle and when I need it to be.

GXPaycheck
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I have a .wav file of the sound, but can't figure out how to upload it to the forum.

Ideas??

Chewy
12-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I have a .wav file of the sound, but can't figure out how to upload it to the forum.

Ideas??

You tube then link to it.

Zip it and then link it?

GXPaycheck
12-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Sound clip added to first post.......:brain:

Chewy
12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Sound clip added to first post.......:brain:

HOLY BIG FILE BATMAN!

12.5MB:hang:

Sounds good! A bit more muffled than mine.

GXPaycheck
12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
HOLY BIG FILE BATMAN!

12.5MB:hang:

Sounds good! A bit more muffled than mine.

No shit! And it's only a wav file! Good thing I did'nt do open headers. Woulda plugged up my hard drive :poof:

G8V8
12-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Agreed! People call the AFM change drone but it's just a sound difference. More blapity IMO... Like a 4 banger with duals... lol

If you don't like it, switch it to manual and BYE BYE!

My full on M/F system has gotten louder as it's broken in... Still quiet at idle and when I need it to be.

the "drone i heard when I drove one was at cruise at 70-75mph when it was coming out of DOD like for inclines or for slight speed increases and it was awful. It had nothing to do with the tone change while in AFM.
There is a resonance at 1700-1800 rpm or so and that vibration or resonance is drone. Maybe it varies from car to car or system to system but you could not pay me to own one. I've had GMPP that was loud and Corsa that was sweet but this MF drone on an interstate for 12 hours is for the birds.

I hope the street series is better because I like the system other than the drone.

Chewy
12-05-2008, 05:34 AM
the "drone i heard when I drove one was at cruise at 70-75mph when it was coming out of DOD like for inclines or for slight speed increases and it was awful. It had nothing to do with the tone change while in AFM.
There is a resonance at 1700-1800 rpm or so and that vibration or resonance is drone. Maybe it varies from car to car or system to system but you could not pay me to own one. I've had GMPP that was loud and Corsa that was sweet but this MF drone on an interstate for 12 hours is for the birds.

I hope the street series is better because I like the system other than the drone.

Yeah see it's dependent on the persons perception of sound. It doesn't bother me a bit. It's back there but so slight that with the radio on I don't hear it. LOUD is relative I think. What's bad to you may be nothing for me. I'm glad M/F came out with a quieter system.:)

OH and I live in DAMN NEAR flat Iowa... If I were in the mountains things would be COMPLETELY different me thinks!

G8V8
12-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes. That is exactly correct.