PDA

View Full Version : 2ltrgsr

kd7895
08-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Everyone:

I bought Justin's car a few months back. I should have known better than to give him the money without everything, but I trusted him. He was supposed to have brought all the parts, but didn't. Then he promised to send them and didn't. Turns out he sold them here recently and now I have to purchase a new livernois flash tuner if I want to modify my tune.
I'm sure he sold everything by now, but be careful.
Just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks, Mickey

kd7895
08-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Now he has this for sale on ebay!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Livernois-Motorsports-X-Treme-Cal-Flash-Device-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ280545377713QQptZMotorsQ5f CarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

This can tune any gm vehicle with a diagnostic port. But i used it on my
Pontiac G8 GT

The X-Treme Cal Interface allows us to achieve results equivalent to dyno tuning for simple bolt-on's, aftermarket power adder or full bolt-on vehicles that normally require custom tuning at a dyno facility*. This interface is a single VIN unit with the ability to data log. The interface is yours to keep, so we can send you updates to our tune files as they become available or update your tune if you do further modifications (within reason).

The X-Treme Cal Interface reads out your factory PCM program, which you can save should you ever need to return your vehicle to the stock PCM program. Restoring your vehicle to the stock PCM program is quick and easy.

The software is included, so all you will need is a laptop of your own.

Includes:
X-Treme Cal Interface
X-Treme Cal Software
USB Interface to Laptop Cord
OBD-2 Interface to Vehicle Cord

polo
08-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. If he did promise you the parts and didn't give them to you, he is a sorry POS. You should buy that tuner from him on eBay, then dispute it with your credit card and say that you never received it. That would serve him right. (Don't really do that... it would be funny though)

norm8332
08-08-2010, 05:55 AM
That sucks. It's VIN specific I believe?, so who ever buys it will be screwed too.

GeoffA
08-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Thats funny that he's selling the same one on ebay that the thread here says SOLD!!!

http://Forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=19180

Crazy8
08-08-2010, 06:58 AM
That does suck, but if you are willing to pay to buy it back, you could probably call the Livernois guys and just buy one from them. They may even still have the stock files around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08G8V8
08-08-2010, 08:03 AM
What a cheap SOB.

chuckie669
08-08-2010, 08:08 AM
if true, that's pretty sorry.

orangeg8
08-08-2010, 01:36 PM
what else are you missing besides that?

boi1da
08-08-2010, 01:42 PM
It seems like these stories are becoming more frequent. Bad, Bad, Bad.

kd7895
08-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks everyone, I called livernois a while back and it was expensive. He had other parts listed with the car, some stock parts that were removed. But, I am most concerned that he never sent the extra keys he "forgot". He only gave me one of the keys. Maybe he will need the license plates he left on it someday! Thanks, Mickey

polo
08-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Are you local to him? If so, why don't you pay him a visit? If confronted face to face, he'd most likely hand over everything that he owes you (depending on how many of your friends you bring with you).