PDA

View Full Version : ESP will not come on

Master8ter
11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
My ESP system is not working. Turned my car on today and it immediately came on the dash screen that ESP was off. I pushed the traction controll button on the console, but nothing happens.

I've tried unplugging the battery for a few minutes, but that didn't reset it.

Anyone else know what to do.

Car is stock save for a Sirius radio. (Custom Install pics to come later.)

GRRRR8
11-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Make sure your brake lights work and they are not staying on. I have seen 2 including mine with the same issue and it was the brake light switch.

Master8ter
11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Just checked. The brake lights are working fine. They are not staying on.

If it is any other indication, the ESP off sequence which comes on the display (the car with squiggly lines behind it) stays on untill I push the menu button the steering wheel. I thought it used to go off after a sec.

GRRRR8
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Take it in to the dealer it sounds the same as mine and the other one.

Blackdevil77
11-21-2008, 04:47 AM
That happen to mine to. Sometimes it glitches when you upload a tune. Try uploading the stock tune, start the car and I promise you it will be gone. And traction control IS working. It just indicates that it's off when it's really on. Hit the traction control button and it will be off. You just can't tell cuz the car won't tell you.

Master8ter
11-21-2008, 05:04 AM
Car has not been tuned yet. Everything engine wise is still stock.

wreckwriter
11-21-2008, 05:12 AM
take it to the dealer and get it checked out. Its part of the ABS system so it really is important that it be working right since if it's not maybe other parts of the ABS are not either.

GRRRR8
11-21-2008, 05:15 AM
There have been 2 issues with this: Brake pedal position sensor and ABS wheel speed sensor.

Master8ter
11-21-2008, 06:42 AM
I appreciate the advice and help of everyone, especially with such quick response. I'm going to bring it in to the dealer, hopefully on monday.

I'm also going to ask the service manager just what he'll let me do to the car without voiding the warranty. I really want a CAI and full exhaust (keeping cats), but I'll tell him I won't touch the computer. I'll see what he says.

G8GTlawride
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I appreciate the advice and help of everyone, especially with such quick response. I'm going to bring it in to the dealer, hopefully on monday.

I'm also going to ask the service manager just what he'll let me do to the car without voiding the warranty. I really want a CAI and full exhaust (keeping cats), but I'll tell him I won't touch the computer. I'll see what he says.

The dealer will give you a "programmed response". Fact is, you can do anything to the engine as long as you do not "crack the case". In other words don't go inside. CAI, LT's, are fine. If you tune, and you will need to with these mods, get a tuned ECM and keep your stocker for dealer visits.

Got 8?
11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Check the MAF (Mass Air Flow) plug...I had the same problem when I put some headlights in it when I took the airbox apart to give me more room. I went down the road and noticed that the light was on then remembered that I left it unplugged.

Pop the hood and check to see that all the plugs on the air intake tract are good and tight...

Whoa!!! just looked at the date and I'm way late did ya get it figured out yet???