PDA

View Full Version : HPD presents Street King @ LMP 11/22

todds87ss
11-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Houston Performance Driving (HPD) invites you to Midnight 1320: Street King @ Lonestar Motorsports Park. The event will be held on Saturday, November 22nd, 2008. Come check out Houston's fastest street/track cars battle in out in a "street racing style" rumble! The last 1200:1320 was major success with +120 racers and +600 spectators. The temperatures are down and that cold air is perfect for some 1/4 mile racing! LET'S GET IT ON HOUSTON!

*Midnight 1320: Street King Outline and General Information.*

- There has been a massive amount of attention and criticism of the street scene here in Houston. Street racing has caused many injuries and even deaths in H-Town. It's now time to stop this behavior and take it to the track. Houston Performance Driving is stepping up to the plate with John Hessnessy to educated newbs and old cats a like on good old fashion 1/4m drag racing.

- Houston Performance Drivings mission is to bring all the race crews, independents, and shops together for a different kind of track night* with a street racing theme. Please understand that HPD is NOT* a car club! It is simply a forum where people with a passion for performance driving can go to find out what activities are happening in their area.

- This event is open to anyone and everyone! From the 9 sec trailer queens to the 14 sec Yahoos. There should be a great mix of cars and trucks. Such as Vipers, C5, C6s, Z06s, Z28s, SSs, Mustangs, Saleens, Cobras, T/As, Lightnings, SRT 4s, 6s, 8s, 10s, P-Cars, M3s, M5s, M6s, Mercedes AMGs, WRXs, STIs, EVOs, Supras, 350 Zs, G35/37s, Old School muscle, custom Hondas, Imports and Domestics! 100% open to anyone who enjoys the street racing lifestyle. Join us!

MIDNIGHT 1320* VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vQ9-3oH-U

II. 1200:1320 Outline:

- When: November 22nd, 2008 (Saturday)
- Time: Gates open @ 5PM! Test and tune from 6PM-8PM. Street King starts @ 8:30PM - Midnight to 1AM.
- Where: Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy, TX.
- How much: $30 to race and $15 to spectate.
- Who: The heavy hitters of the Houston area.
- Why: Do racing ticket-free! Also to show people that the track is the place to be!
- How: It's the pedal on the right!

:woohoo:ALL RACERS ATTENTION!!! CLASS INFO!

- Street King Qualifications: Street Tire Class!

1) Street Tires *ONLY*. - Tires will be inspected when you tech in. NO drag radials.

2) Must be driven to the track.

3) Full Interior - No gutted rides allowed! Racers must have working dash, front seats (if no back seats, must be carpeted), working head lights, signals, and wipers. RADIOS and A/C are not required!

- Street King Qualifications: Drag Radial Class!

1) Drag Radial Tires *ONLY*. - Tires will be inspected when you tech in.

2) Must be driven to the track.

3) Full Interior - No gutted rides allowed! All Street King racers must have working dash, front seats (if no back seats, must be carpeted), working head lights, signals, and wipers. RADIOS and A/C are not required!

- Track King Qualifications: Unlimited Class!

1) There are NONE! Unlimited!

2) Trailers are allowed for the unlimited class racers.

:woohoo:

Charlie, are you in?

GRRRR8
11-20-2008, 05:08 AM
I have to work Sat. I wont get out until at least 6pm.

bwooten492
11-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Man I would go, but sealy is a bit of a drive. My car only goes 13.40's anyway.

todds87ss
11-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Man I would go, but sealy is a bit of a drive. My car only goes 13.40's anyway.

Mine too. I'm going for the hell of it. Should be a hoot. Perhaps my tune will get here today...