PDA

View Full Version : looking for early 2008 GT for R&D

Maverick Man
08-01-2010, 06:54 PM
if anyone is local in so cal area i need to borrow a car for about 3 to 4 days to do some R&D work on it. this involves some more parts that i may develop in carbon fiber. if you are not familiar with what i do, check out my website at www.maverickmancarbon.com that will answer a lot. ;)

to be clear it must be one of the early GTs you will need to provide me with the date of when your car was made.

i will make it worth your time.

let me know if anyone is interested!

WickedMom
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm interested, my production date is 11/08... If that's early enough, you can borrow my car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasNate
08-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Nice website! :thumbsup:

Maverick Man
08-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Nice website! :thumbsup:

thanks! though it would be better if i took that funny looking red G8 off my site! lol! :P

btw i will send you other part out on thursday... thanks for the order!

usmcswong8
08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
im interested. i have a white hot 2008 G8 GT :] u can reach me at 626 678 551 or PM!

usmcswong8
08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
the previous owner bought the car in early october of 2008 so im not sure what the production date is.. how can i find out? lol

Scalarrthu
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I'll have to check on my production date, but would be interested in letting you guys borrow mine (PBM) if it works out. Would give me (another) reason to get down there for a visit. What part of SoCal are you guys?

WickedMom
08-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I believe he's in the 626... Too far for me...

There is a production date on your drivers door jamb sticker.

Scalarrthu
08-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I believe he's in the 626... Too far for me...

There is a production date on your drivers door jamb sticker.

Yes it is! :thumbsup:

And mine is a Feb '08 car if that makes a difference...

bowtiefan
08-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Wish I were closer. Mine's an 11/07 build date. Those lower rear inserts on the GTO look great--going to do one for the G8?

Maverick Man
08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
i need to find a G8 GT that has a bumper that needs to be cut to fit a GXP rear insert. i don't want a GT with a GXP insert already on it. i want one that needs to be cut that hasn't been cut. everyone get it ;)

seems no one can tell me when exactly when they swapped the bumper so they don't need to be cut with the GXP swap. i am also interested to know how many were produced this way. but is seems no one can really answer any of these questions. lol! ;) the best i know for a fact is that a July 08 build does not need to have the bumper cut. already test fitted that ;) i am thinking a 07 car build one of those left overs form AU.

the previous owner bought the car in early october of 2008 so im not sure what the production date is.. how can i find out? lol

well it would have to be before Jul 08 how do you find out... beats me. i own a gto ... lol! VIN i guess? tag on door? window sticker?

Wish I were closer. Mine's an 11/07 build date. Those lower rear inserts on the GTO look great--going to do one for the G8?

thanks i wish you were too. 07 build date might do it. answer to your question.... does this mean i am making one? i am not saying until i see a car and figure this whole thing out. ;) and even when i do, will people pay for it. this peice is huge! put it this way i charge $450 for the GTO one and it is about a bit more then 1/2 the size of the G8 one.

WickedMom
08-05-2010, 01:07 PM
GPDan bought his car in may 08, I think... and he says his GXP diffuser installed without any issue. his is probably a reaaaaally early 08. So I dont know what to tell ya.

GRRRR8
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I can tell you this: All replacement bumpers are the same now. You have to trim 1.25 inches off the inner bumper that you can't see and it will allow the original diffuser to be put back on without issue.

usmcswong8
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
okay. i got it the sticker on the door saids the DATE is 12/07 so im guessing december 2007? and i live in the 626 too. el monte

Maverick Man
08-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I can tell you this: All replacement bumpers are the same now. You have to trim 1.25 inches off the inner bumper that you can't see and it will allow the original diffuser to be put back on without issue.

so you're saying that all new bumpers (bought at the dealer as replacements) GXP or GT will need to be cut correct?

okay. i got it the sticker on the door saids the DATE is 12/07 so im guessing december 2007? and i live in the 626 too. el monte

hum you might just work... you have a PM

bowtiefan
08-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I put a stock GXP diffuser on my 11/07 build date GT last year. It would have fit better had I cut the bumper slightly. However, I didn't want to touch the bumper and made it fit using a little elbow grease.

BW G8GT
08-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I put a stock GXP diffuser on my 11/07 build date GT last year. It would have fit better had I cut the bumper slightly. However, I didn't want to touch the bumper and made it fit using a little elbow grease.

That's what I did. No cutting and seems like a snug fit, but the first few days I was worried this thing would fly off the car at high speeds on the freeway. So far so good.