PDA

View Full Version : Solo High Flow Cats + Mach Shorty + Roto Fab + Ported Intake + VMS 93 tune

DetroitSpeedJunkie
07-30-2010, 07:12 AM
I received my Solo Cats Last week to completed my performance mods for this summer. I went to Vector yesterday to have them installed and I am very pleased with the results! The Solo Cats + updated tune from Kirk at Vector really woke the car up.

For a four door with no engine work, this thing moves pretty good!! The tone is definitely deeper, louder, meaner and I love it! The power feels great now also! I had pretty good intake (Roto-Fab+ported manifold) but after flowing all that air it sucked to push it through the stock cats out the Mach Shorty Catback(like taking a deep breath then blowin through a straw into a 2 liter bottle)

Everything is flowing great now and I can't wait to see what kind of numbers i put down on a dyno when I get around to dyno tuning it at Vector. Both Vector and Solo have shown me spectacular customer service and are very knowledgable about the products and services they provide and more. Special thanks to Steve for shipping out the Cats in 2 days, to Greg at Vector for the perfect install on the Cats, and of course to Kirk for tuning it and answering all my questions regarding my car!

Somebody the other day said the guy who spends 2000$ this year might spend 7000$ next year(or something similar) and i have a very good feeling that they are right!!

I should be going to Milan for a track day in august to see what she runs! I know she definitely runs harder than she did and sounds incredible!

Here are a couple start of vids(cold starts no revs cause its engine is cold & 8:30am)

Video is with iPhone 3gs so don't expect great sound

First Video: Solo Mach Shorty Catback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGLy7p6gjM

Second Video: Solo Cats+Mach Shorty Catback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHotrlKgBw

Steve@Vectormotorsports
07-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I received my Solo Cats Last week to completed my performance mods for this summer. I went to Vector yesterday to have them installed and I am very pleased with the results! The Solo Cats + updated tune from Kirk at Vector really woke the car up.

For a four door with no engine work, this thing moves pretty good!! The tone is definitely deeper, louder, meaner and I love it! The power feels great now also! I had pretty good intake (Roto-Fab+ported manifold) but after flowing all that air it sucked to push it through the stock cats out the Mach Shorty Catback(like taking a deep breath then blowin through a straw into a 2 liter bottle)

Everything is flowing great now and I can't wait to see what kind of numbers i put down on a dyno when I get around to dyno tuning it at Vector. Both Vector and Solo have shown me spectacular customer service and are very knowledgable about the products and services they provide and more. Special thanks to Steve for shipping out the Cats in 2 days, to Greg at Vector for the perfect install on the Cats, and of course to Kirk for tuning it and answering all my questions regarding my car!

Somebody the other day said the guy who spends 2000$ this year might spend 7000$ next year(or something similar) and i have a very good feeling that they are right!!

I should be going to Milan for a track day in august to see what she runs! I know she definitely runs harder than she did and sounds incredible!

Here are a couple start of vids(cold starts no revs cause its engine is cold & 8:30am)

Video is with iPhone 3gs so don't expect great sound

Let us know what it runs :)

DetroitSpeedJunkie
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Added before and after videos!

travis gore
08-04-2010, 07:27 AM
the second video does sound better, a little louder but seems to be a deeper tone.

Belo
08-07-2010, 06:40 PM
subscribing for track numbers

Element
08-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Sounds like my car lol. Just missing the ported intake. I'm curious to how you do at the track!

Kenyata@EnduraCool
08-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Sounds like you did a good job! Did you test it on the track before?

williamGT
01-15-2011, 02:01 AM
balanced or unbalanced?

Virus
01-15-2011, 04:42 AM
You won't notice a huge difference between the balanced or unbalanced. The differences are subtle. The unbalanced has a slight lope that is reminiscent of muscle cars past where you hear each exhaust note back and forth. The balanced.....well, it balances this lope out. Volume wise there really is no discernible difference. Both sound great. I may remove my balance pipe at some point as I like the lope.