PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Pacific Raceway 7/28?

MoMorg
07-27-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm working on getting the car done. Headers are in the car, going to try and get the diff in tomorrow morning. Torque converter will have to wait for another day. Headers weren't too bad except for getting the damn dipstick lined up properly. Fired it up with just the cat pipe on :thumbsup:

Track opens at 4pm. Anyone up for it?

Seattle09GT
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm a very, VERY, VERY strong maybe for this Friday. I feel the need. The NEED FOR SPEED!

MoMorg
07-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Well I am off. 3.70 gears and ARH headers are in. Holy crap, it's a different car. Hope it translate to a quicker car on the track.

Steve
07-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Congrats - if I only had a car with an engine...

r33pwrd
07-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Congrats - if I only had a car with an engine...

I hope you will be suing both of those shops! I hate how perfomance shops feel they hould not be held responsable for anything!

MoMorg
07-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Well no 11s tonight, but a new best. Was pretty empty. Could've had as many runs as I wanted. The challenge now is the damn 3-4 shift. What a bitch! I can get a crisp shift out of it at about 6300rpm, which is too low, or if I raise the shift points, it feels like someone is applying a light brake to the car before it shifts.

Steve, your name came up tonight. Met Ellis. Sorry about the car.

Well here's my best
12.190 @ 116.33 I ran a bunch of 12.20s. I'm running stock tires and torque converter still and I can pretty much floor it off the line. My 3000 RPM Circle - D is sitting right next to me, but I just didn't have enough time after doing the headers and rear-end. It didn't pick up what I was hoping, but that always seems to be the case. I need to get the wide band in the car and really start fine tuning it.

Hopefully, I can link up with some other G8s before racing season is over.