PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl car wrap in Houston

It's A G8!
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Anyone know of a shop that can install mantle black vinyl on cars? I want to do the roof on my car.

It's A G8!
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Anybody?

Call-Me-D
07-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Let me know if you find anybody. Been wantin to do the same. Except in gloss, just to see how it'd turn out. Or I'll let you know if I find anything on my end.

Shredmo
07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Pretty much any sign shop does this work. There are chains, mom & pop places and more. Not sure of one in your area but there are probably thousands to choose from.

Call-Me-D
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Pretty much any sign shop does this work. There are chains, mom & pop places and more. Not sure of one in your area but there are probably thousands to choose from.

I'm sure there are. I'm just picky about who I'm willing to let do anything to my car, as are a lot of people. Even if it is just somethin simple.....

Shredmo
07-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Places that do vehicle wraps would probably be where I'd start. You can do a search for local places that do this, then possible see their portfolio. National chains such as Signs By Tomorrow may be a place to start. Locally, our SBT is excellent, but in the past I have only worked for local sign places.

Another option is to buy the materials from a sign shop, then do it yourself. It is not incredibly difficult, but the convex surfaces will be tricky. A heat gun helps shrink the vinyl to conform to the surface.

Keep in mind, removing the vinyl will be difficult, more difficult the longer it has been applied.

G8Firehawk17
08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Call Greg Lilly at Underground Graphics (713.783.4739) and tell him Chuck sent you. He's a friend of mine from my STi days and he does fantastic work. He does awesome stuff for local dealerships and is usually working on a show car or 2

http://store.undergroundgrfx.com/info.html

Underground Graphics
8616 Daffodil Ste. B
Houston, TX. 77063

I need to go see him myself for a few ideas.