PDA

View Full Version : Who is this??

vv8
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/13534334

r33pwrd
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
somone needs to leave traction control on next time :)

G8GT721
07-22-2010, 12:50 PM
well that sucks

nitrous and shit tires?

Call-Me-D
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
If that had been me I woulda been :barf: all over the place afterwards......Poor car, but at least the driver was ok and the car wasn't mangled.

gr8lover
07-22-2010, 02:36 PM
The whole video is sad.... car on left burns out and runs past the lights.... dah....... and then hits both staging lights before the G8 hits the first one........dah........ and then the G8 doesnt let off the gas......... dah..............

Ouch though...... thank gosh he didnt hit the vette..... or hurt someone or himself..... good thing he didnt have a fast G8 cause he would have crushed the vette against the wall.......

r33pwrd
07-22-2010, 02:55 PM
The whole video is sad.... car on left burns out and runs past the lights.... dah....... and then hits both staging lights before the G8 hits the first one........dah........ and then the G8 doesnt let off the gas......... dah..............

Ouch though...... thank gosh he didnt hit the vette..... or hurt someone or himself..... good thing he didnt have a fast G8 cause he would have crushed the vette against the wall.......

If he has an NHRA license he can go past the staging lights (at least thats how it works here) also I rairy see people waiting to tree for the other driver.... I like to be last to tree myself.

familycaronROIDS!
07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
People with no experience drag racing dont let that scare you. Rule 1 is when you feel the wheels break loose/car get squitly you let go of the gas. I seen a GTO (lady driver) a few years back total her car at the track. The GTO was in PERFECT condition. When the car started fishtailing she kept her foot on the gas pedal and SMASH!!!!!!!! Let go of the PEDAL and you will be ok....

Mier
07-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm wondering how much he was putting down to lose control like that.

I'm thinking I would have let go the gas and slammed the breaks down hard. I just as soon take a leisurely stroll to the first exit than have my car hit something or someone.

gr8lover
07-22-2010, 03:58 PM
If he has an NHRA license he can go past the staging lights (at least thats how it works here) also I rairy see people waiting to tree for the other driver.... I like to be last to tree myself.

True... but the guy had a slow vette... he didnt need to go past and he has full brakes on the front... so it is not required... also it is common curteousy to stage in the proper maner... it is kind of like not walking across someones pathe when they are putting in golf... or screaming when someone hits the ball.... would just be nice if people knew the proper way to stage... thats all I meant .....

vv8
07-22-2010, 06:29 PM
yeah that was a slow pass on the vette, he usally runs high 11's, we got on to him about the burnout and the double lights lol

chuckie669
08-01-2010, 07:40 PM
wow, that sux. That had to be embarassing as hell. At least it looks like he wasn't hurt. Hopefully he didn't trigger onstar.

tommie
08-30-2010, 01:55 PM
yeah that was a slow pass on the vette, he usally runs high 11's, we got on to him about the burnout and the double lights lol

easy there big feller.....hahaha

that was a slow run for me.. track prep was horrible...

i had talked to the guy with the G8, it was his first time at the track, he has some cheap stock tires on his car, he started spinning, and just kept it to the floor.... could not believe that happened to him, but was glad he was ok, and his car was not hurt too bad...

I have been to HRP quite a few times when Kevin has been there, just waiting to see him run with the new mods....:thumbsup:

Red2001SS
08-30-2010, 06:26 PM
easy there big feller.....hahaha

that was a slow run for me.. track prep was horrible...

i had talked to the guy with the G8, it was his first time at the track, he has some cheap stock tires on his car, he started spinning, and just kept it to the floor.... could not believe that happened to him, but was glad he was ok, and his car was not hurt too bad...

I have been to HRP quite a few times when Kevin has been there, just waiting to see him run with the new mods....:thumbsup:

I was going to say from seeing the vid prep seemed lacking, I mean after every shift you seemed a little all over the track.