PDA

View Full Version : How much does heat and humidity kill your 1/4 times with a Maggie??

gr8lover
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Just curious on how much the heat and humidity is hurting your averages---- especially those with Maggies!!!!! It has been 90 the last couple times I have been out and humid... and my times are have been a bunch slower lately.. how much slower are you guys??? (if any slower?)

vic2186
07-18-2010, 02:07 PM
What was your time gr8lover??so we can compare and DA

vic2186
07-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Maggie are heat boxes in the summer...especially and the track your IATs skyrocket..and that thin heat exchager is no help..only methanol will be your solution for keeping your engine bay cool and running good times in the summer heat..

I also heard maggies perform good or not good depending on the weather...I wonder I'f that's true??

vic2186
07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
From your sig also the 4100 stall was making launch like a mad man..maybe when your downgraded your verter to the tighter series and smaller stall if conflicted with your previous time..

-Ray-
07-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Higher humidity is actually worse than just dry heat. Moisture displaces oxygen and gives a smaller air charge. It happens to all engines regardless of boost.

familycaronROIDS!
07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Im not supercharged but as an example.

I ran yesterday at 4400+ DA humidity ranged from 21-45% temps were 104deg I ran 12.4@112 consistent (with camaro diff 3.45) as the temp dropped at night humidity went up. At 10pm the temp was 90deg.

in May 31'st the DA was 3100+ DA humidity 10-15% temps 85deg I ran 12.1@116mph (with stock diff)

Spoke to alot of track regulars and most were running about 4-6tenths slower. I have never raced in these types of conditions it was miserable.

There was a Z06 Ls7 running 12.1 who normally runs 11.6 LOL.. Another older hot rod who is a bracket car normally runs 11.5" was running 12.2's all day...

VegasNate
07-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Bring your maggie to the 110+ degree hell that is LVMS and see what times you get. I'm not even thinking about going again until about October but will have Meth kit too. I'm going to move back to Ohio and run at Summit then do donuts in the Intense parking lot....

G8 GT V8
07-18-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm running about 0.2 to 0.3 slower with the warmer weather. It just depends on what kind of DA mother nature gives us...

VegasNate - When you move back to OH, you look me up, because I gotta see your car in person and I'll video those donuts for ya...

WickedMom
07-18-2010, 06:12 PM
When I was checking the DA yesterday(same track as Julian), it showed that the Supercharged & turboed cars corrected to .3 - .4 loss

Not nearly as bad the loss of a stock or lightly modded car.

gr8lover
07-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Bring your maggie to the 110+ degree hell that is LVMS and see what times you get. I'm not even thinking about going again until about October but will have Meth kit too. I'm going to move back to Ohio and run at Summit then do donuts in the Intense parking lot....

Nate,
Yea but isnt it true about the "dry heat" is better??? lol.... (just kidding).....

thats why I have been begging you to get back out here so you can really see what she can run!!!!!

gr8lover
07-18-2010, 07:53 PM
From what all you guys are saying, I dont feel so bad now..... it was 92 and very humid when I ran last and was getting consistent 11.73-11.83... I was really upset and worried about was was going wrong... I figured I would lose only about .1 but it sounds like maybe my trans, converter, change is still ok... with a the lower stall converter is seems like it still launches ok (1.6's) so I feel pretty good about that. I still feel I should have done better but I guess I will take what I can get....

thanks for the info...

gr8lover
07-18-2010, 07:57 PM

When you moving??? Ran summit last week and loved it..... it is an awesome track!!!!1 simply awesome!!!! Call me when you come out here!!! (ran summit and so many people had no idea what a G8 was and they were amazed at my car.... I cant wait to see their faces when they see yours!!!! C

VegasNate
07-19-2010, 06:10 AM
When you moving??? Ran summit last week and loved it..... it is an awesome track!!!!1 simply awesome!!!! Call me when you come out here!!! (ran summit and so many people had no idea what a G8 was and they were amazed at my car.... I cant wait to see their faces when they see yours!!!! C

I don't know if it will happen or when. I'm keeping my options open for the future though. I got a little homesick from my trip out there a couple weeks ago and I've had my fill of this town.

Boostpatrol
07-19-2010, 07:00 AM

hahahaha.... i like your thinking Nate!

Robert@KBXPerformance
07-19-2010, 09:19 AM
High humidity and heat have a very large affect on ET's. People would be amazed at the actual power differences you will see with uncorrected dyno numbers between the seasons on a car with an unchanged combo.

familycaronROIDS!
07-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Just browsing throught the DA's that you raced in when you got your 11.3 which was 700+ compared to what you ran in this time around 3000+. HELL YEAH it will make a difference.

BigV8
07-23-2010, 06:58 AM
I was going to run wednesday but the heat was to much to enjoy setting in a car with the windows rolled up and the ac turned off lol. I going to try next wednesday if it doesn't rain.

exesivefire
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Down for a trip to summit..

I love that track.

In fact were getting our engagement photos shot there this year :)