PDA

View Full Version : check this out....

wreckwriter
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7990

GT-610
11-17-2008, 03:58 PM
holy crap! so when will you be looking at this guy in your rear view mirror,Wreck?

wreckwriter
11-17-2008, 04:01 PM
holy crap! so when will you be looking at this guy in your rear view mirror,Wreck?

In this car I don't think that's going to happen, except maybe when his drivetrain turns into a box of BBs.

MtbDoc
11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I really don't get the fear of destroying the drivetrain in these cars. It is better built than the GTO, and many of us have pushed a LOT of hp to the ground.

wreckwriter
11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Time will tell.

wreckwriter
11-18-2008, 06:12 AM
I've talked to enough GTO guys who blew their diffs with a lot less HP than this. Also, have you ever taken a close look at your drive shaft? It won't exactly inspire confidence.

TheTugBoat
12-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I'd love to know some more about that HOB system and how reliable and shit and all the good stuff...

cue charlie

GRRRR8
12-02-2008, 07:36 AM
I think its a great system! I just know that at the 11sec boost/tune something is going to let go sooner or later. His low 12sec set up shold be fine as long as the car is not always thrashed.

E.A.
12-02-2008, 08:47 AM
The system will be sold at 7.5psi as a "base" for people. Which with sticky tires is more then enough to make a solid 11 second car, even if the rest of the car is bone stock.

Pushing this poor black car to 14psi, was just to show that the system is capable of much much more. (Plus to get good data from the turbos and intercoolers, at an elevated boost and HP level) Not like other places that "say" their stuff is good to 14psi....this one is actually tested, videoed, and data collected.

The website (HOB) will have full photos and write ups soon. The car is actually just returned from a trip from KC to Dallas for the holiday week. More miles, more joy rides, all is still very very happy with the car.

Mav
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
wow. So what does a twin kit like that usually go for?

TheTugBoat
12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
What's the difference between this and the APS TT kit...i know there's alot and basically one is a bolt on and one is a full build but besides the obvious how do they function differently i guess would be the question

GeorgeInNePa
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
The system will be sold at 7.5psi as a "base" for people. Which with sticky tires is more then enough to make a solid 11 second car, even if the rest of the car is bone stock.

Pushing this poor black car to 14psi, was just to show that the system is capable of much much more. (Plus to get good data from the turbos and intercoolers, at an elevated boost and HP level) Not like other places that "say" their stuff is good to 14psi....this one is actually tested, videoed, and data collected.

The website (HOB) will have full photos and write ups soon. The car is actually just returned from a trip from KC to Dallas for the holiday week. More miles, more joy rides, all is still very very happy with the car.

Does this kit replace the cats?