2 GTOs
07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
G8GT
MP2300 w/3.3 pulley
Rotofab
60lb injectors
Solo high flow cats
BAP

Weather was in the 90s and high humidity so we decided to wait until Monday when it should be cooler.

Seems to be around 450 on a dynojet and showing about 6lbs of boost.

Personally I think it sounds more like 1900 results with a 3.3
This shop put a 2300 on a Camaro (LS3), and was near the 600 mark. I also worked with them on my GTO so I am confident they know what they are doing.

Any thoughts? Could weather be making that much difference?

I realize I should be patient and wait for Monday, but they did not seem to pleased either and were talking about pulley swaps. I am hoping they didn't actually install a 1900 (which I would highly doubt). Any way to tell?

wnt2gofst
07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
What esle is done to the car..just teh SC or you have headers or anything..Also have to remember the camaro starts with about 60 more hp..If you have no headers or exhaust i would say that is about right for power..The heat and weather might be eating a little. Also only 6lbs of boost isnt that much. Sounds like you need a smaller pulley to get more boost..Least 8 lbs..

Also if you look on here see teh ones making big power with SC's have cams, headers, full exhaust, and smaller pullies. Plus meth injection.

2 GTOs
07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks, those are my only mods. I probably also should have been clear that I was not expecting to make the same as the Camaro. I thought the 2300 with that pulley would have produced more boost and get me around 500.

I am also being a little impatient....

I so much wanted this wrapped up by the weekend.

I am planning cam, etc later, just pacing myself

vic2186
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey Dom..I got a meth kit to help out pm me I give it to your for a good price!!

wnt2gofst
07-10-2010, 03:55 PM
thats why we are all here..To help each other. The camaro is prolly making 530 to the wheels if it auto also. Are they doing a custom tune or the canned tune that comes with it. I do think a little power might be left on the table some where. but also being we are auto alot power is ate up in the tranny.