PDA

View Full Version : Center Stack Take Apart Help

jzpiano
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I've almost got everything taken apart so I can start installing the HSV gauges. I'm just having a problem getting the center stack out. :uhm:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2594/cimg1801o.jpg

edokaz
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I just got done putting them in my car last week. You need to take the radio face off, grab hold from the bottom, I used two hands and pull until it feels like you're going to break it. It will come off, then there are four screws holding the radio in, take them out, unplug two plugs, one on left side, one on right, silde radio out. Once this id done, the stack will come out. I gotta say I definitely like the HSV setup, I used the aeroforce guages, gives the interior a completely different look in my opinion.

GeoffA
07-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I just got done putting them in my car last week. You need to take the radio face off, grab hold from the bottom, I used two hands and pull until it feels like you're going to break it. It will come off, then there are four screws holding the radio in, take them out, unplug two plugs, one on left side, one on right, silde radio out. Once this id done, the stack will come out. I gotta say I definitely like the HSV setup, I used the aeroforce guages, gives the interior a completely different look in my opinion.

This

jzpiano
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM

That's what I thought and figured I was going to break it and didn't want that to happen so I figure I would check first. Better to be safe than sorry!! Thanks!

jzpiano
07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Alright just got it out. No damage done.....on this section that is. Broke 2 clips and one piece of molding is starting to come apart, whoops!

GeoffA
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I broke a clip on mine, but was able to save most of it to just sit on when putting it back together. You'll be alright. now for the wire up...

jzpiano
07-09-2010, 04:47 PM
The molding I don't think I can save. I just looked at it again... I did more damage than I though to it. Time to get a hold of Greg.