PDA

View Full Version : i want to upgrade my 1(CD) radio to 6(CDs) in my G8 with LCD Screen ..

rakanet
11-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi

i want to ask if i upgrade my Radio its same this :

http://rakanet.googlepages.com/radio2.jpg

and i want to upgrade it to this one:

http://rakanet.googlepages.com/radio1.jpg

what you think?

it will fit without any problems ? or i will have?

Thanks for help :)

wreckwriter
11-15-2008, 10:01 AM
That doesn't look like an upgrade to me? You want to lose the screen? Mine looks like the top one and holds 6 CDs. I'm thinking you got the pics reversed? I've never seen any radio in a G8 except the one I have but perhaps there is a lower grade one? Assuming so I would guess you could swap them out but prepare to have your wallet extensively ported.

jnak
11-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I think you'd have bigger problems trying to get the HVAC to work. The lower model doesn't have automatic or dual zone control so you would need to add a lot of modules to get it to work.

GTPprix
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah you have a base and you want to upgrade unfortunately the electronic climate controls wont work with the manual style base model ones :(

NoLimit
11-22-2008, 01:42 AM
For everyones information, it will work.

The new unit would have to be reprogrammed to work with the current HVAC module.

All models have electronics climate, Only thing that wont work is the Dual Zone.

Cheers,
Adrian

G8ter
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM
For everyones information, it will work.

The new unit would have to be reprogrammed to work with the current HVAC module.

All models have electronics climate, Only thing that wont work is the Dual Zone.

Cheers,
Adrian

yes but it's going to coast alot .. for tuning and everything

maniac3389
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
a shameless bump here... but has anyone revisted this? i have that "wonderful" base model radio and would love to upgrade. radio works great, but would be nice to have the fancier radio.

also, does anyone know what is entailed to change the ac to a dual zone automatic from manual? (if even possible. still more interested in the radio hehe)

p71
08-26-2009, 03:22 PM
talk to chris (third poster...) he will explain why it will not work.

96Prix
08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Out of curiousity, where does the radio/CD information display with the base unit? Seems to be lacking a display in that area.

GTPprix
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Out of curiousity, where does the radio/CD information display with the base unit? Seems to be lacking a display in that area.

In the Atari display area above the radio (not shown).

-Ray-
08-27-2009, 02:00 AM
In the Atari display area above the radio (not shown).
Batteries not included.