PDA

View Full Version : New TR6060 is on the way….finally

sand240
07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I got the call today that GM finally agreed to warranty a replacement transmission for my GXP.

Back in December I took the car in for 2-3 shift grinding. It took them 43 days and 7 iterations of dropping the transmission to get it back to normal. According to GM, this was the “best” option from a cost standpoint.

Three weeks ago I noticed the transmission was leaking. While I was waiting for new gaskets to arrive, the car started to grind in 5th-WTF!!!. New parts were again ordered and installed. It fixed the 5th gear issue, but alas it now made a new noise. The fixed operations manager still thought it would make sense to try to repair the noise by flying in engineers from either Tremec or GM. Luckily, the service manager (who took over from the one back in Dec) was able to convince enough other GM tech people that this was insane and I guess it worked, because a new unit is on order as of today

Overall, despite this PITA debacle, I still love the M6 G8, but beware of GM customer service or the lack there of. The best you can hope for is a good service manager, and a fixed operations manager that possess some form of rational thought. As a side note, I talked to a tech support guy at Tremec and they recommend a tranny fluid change after the first 500 break in miles, I didn’t know that

sand240
07-08-2010, 03:47 AM
For completeness sake, I'll close out my monolog, Got the car back yesterday with the new transmission. I didn't expect it that fast, but I guess they shipped it overnight. The car feels 10x better, and shifts perfect. The dealer said a fluid change at 500 miles wasn't necessary despite what Tremac said. Since I haven't heard many folks on the board changing out their trans fluid I guess I won't worry about it.

travis gore
07-08-2010, 03:57 AM
glad you are back on the road. Now you can enjoy your car now. I am jealous though I want a M6

BigV8
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Holy run around Batman. I liked to have gotten a manual but the wife and I agreed on the auto. After hearing about the clutch and remembering the Liumina z34 manual i'm glad for the A6. I know you can put some $ into the M6 and it would great but it should have been that way from the start.