PDA

View Full Version : Shop To Avoid - Belle Tire - Canton, MI

MIEngineer
06-28-2010, 08:40 PM
The tire/wheel shop - Belle Tire in Canton off of Ford Rd not far from Canton Center Rd.

Mounted my tires on the Camaro SS wheels.

I took photos of the wheels before I dropped them off and it shows no damage. I took photos of the tire slime and damage to two wheels the shop is at fault for.

I explained to the manager the light scratches on the perimeter and the two gouges that his installer had some problems.

I simply told him that they need to tell the customer that if there is an issue to point it out and not hide it - it wasn't about the rims or the money at any point but the principle. He was constantly stating they did not use a tire bar to set the tire on the wheel [BS] and that the nylon scratched the outside and said "we didn't do that to the wheel" and that the "nylon did the other marks from the machine" and "its not my responsibility" and said "we're done" and walked away. The manager (Doug) acts like that? Avoid them. I told him I had photos of the wheels prior to delivery, he could not have cared any less.

There was a G8 GT there [SBM as well] that left right before i pulled in as well - hopefully the owner didn't give them any service.

The shop mounted them for free because a friend knows someone there from previous work. Lesson learned, I'll stick to my usual tire/wheel guy who doesn't damage my stuff and has great rates but of course I was impatient, my usual shop was busy, and I wanted these on. Noticeable but you have to look, I'll live with it.

Blkg8gt
06-30-2010, 03:49 AM
You should have came to Discount tire off of Ford and Haggarty where I work. You will see my G8 parked along the back you will know im there and can hook you up. FYI they had to have used a tire bar because its the only way to do it too. Our company wont bs about a scratched wheel either we will get the issue resolved.

-Ray-
06-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Haggarty is gotta be the worse street I've even driven on. I've taken it from 8 mile to Plymouth Road. No wonder there's so many tire dealers. LOL

mi04se1
06-30-2010, 05:49 AM
You should drive Orchard Lake RD.

Darkmanx
06-30-2010, 05:53 AM
maybe now you learned nothing in life is free. so how about the pics of those rims?

tbully
06-30-2010, 08:15 AM
You should drive Orchard Lake RD.

I have the pleasure of working in Farmington Hills at Northwestern and Middlebelt and live on the west-side of Canton near Ford and Canton Center. I get to experience BOTH each day.

Yeah me!

:facepalm2:

MIEngineer
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
On my lunch break so I will post quick.

The wheel/tire on the car pics:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=18298

I have pics of the damage I can upload.

I have a friend who I go to at Discount Tire and he always does a great job. Good to know there are members who work there, I may stop by

Blkg8gt
07-03-2010, 02:26 PM
On my lunch break so I will post quick.

The wheel/tire on the car pics:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=18298

I have pics of the damage I can upload.

I have a friend who I go to at Discount Tire and he always does a great job. Good to know there are members who work there, I may stop by

yeah you should sometime. My name is Tom so if you ask for me. I got the hook up lol.