PDA

View Full Version : What is "GM Fixed Operations Manager"

stryker g8gt
06-19-2010, 07:35 AM
My local Service Director has passed me to the "GM Fixed Operations Manager" what or who is this person.......I am guessing it is just a Customer Service person with no real authority........

This comes after being turned down for the Flare to be fixed, due to my aftermarket parts..... And I did not accept the reasoning and qouted the Magnuson/Moss Act and the wifes 15yrs of automotive defense litigation in the automotive field dealing with items like this.

WickedMom
06-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Generally the Fixed Ops manager is the guy who runs Parts and Service. Normally this is the service manager.

gr8lover
06-19-2010, 09:07 AM
I personally wouldnt keep pushing it thru higher... maybe try different dealers.. find a mod friendly one.... You have a slew of stuff done correct? Cam? tune? are you nearing the capacity of the trans depending on your torque? The flare you have could be due to a bad tune or clutches worn out from going to the track alot and also having higher torque...

Try different dealers and work with them... once you push, especially with your mods, not many people would agree that GM can be forced into anything..... so best bet would be to find a mod friendly dealer and try them... Just my humble thoughts.... I can help people get this done but if they have cams, etc... and tune it themselves... I cannot help.

norm8332
06-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Bad tune can cause the flare. I had it and luckily in my case it was the tune and now it's completely gone.