PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Purchase: Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick W-8930128

SRG963
06-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I've hit most of my local Autoparts stores with no luck. Only place I can find the gel stick is online.

Any stores y'all know of that carry Wurth, or is the online route my only option?

Thanks in advance :)

A little on Wurth Gel Stick....

Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick
Preserve rubber gaskets and weatherstripping with an easy-to-use gel stick.

If you live in a cold climate, you’ve probably experienced frozen door seals. You try to open the door to your vehicle and it won’t budge. Meanwhile it’s freezing outside and you’ve got places to go. Now you can prevent the freezing of your door seals and keep the rubber healthy with Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick.

What a great idea! Wurth’s rubber care formula is packaged in a convenient sponge-tipped bottle. When you press the sponge to your rubber surface, the protectant fills up the sponge and applies a neat, even layer onto your rubber seals. No applicators, no mess!

Inside this clever bottle is an excellent rubber preservative. It hydrates rubber components to keep them soft and supple. Healthy rubber forms a weatherproof seal inside your doors and trunk lid to keep noise, heat, or cold out. In addition, Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick prevents freezing so you can open your door no matter what the temperature is outside.

Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick is silicone-free, bio-degradable, and water repellant. Treated rubber will resist diluted acids and alkaline substances. Strong alkaline cleaners will not degrade the protected rubber. It will also resist salt water, which is essential if you live by the ocean.

Use the innovative Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick on all automotive door seals, gaskets and on weatherstripping around doors and windows in your home for maximum resiliency with minimum mess.

SRG963
06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Bueller?

icantdrive55
06-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I bought a bottle with the sponge top applicator from my dealer's parts depts. It was about $10.

-Ray-
06-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Doesnt GM list something for the seals?

SRG963
06-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Doesnt GM list something for the seals?

I'd like to find out....guess I'll run by there after work and ask :)

I bought a bottle with the sponge top applicator from my dealer's parts depts. It was about $10.

More details please, was it Wurth?

jnak
06-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Silicon emulsion can be applied to weatherstrip to help prevent freezing and sticking. You can get it at the dealer.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/jnak00/DSC03149.jpg

Chewy
06-09-2010, 05:56 AM
I'd stay away from ANYTHING with Silicone in it. Sounds like the Wurth is silicone free which is good.

For anyone that may already have it, Adams VRT is also silicon free and works VERY well. (used it)

Chris

SRG963
06-09-2010, 05:56 AM
^Does that contain silicone?

I've read a lot of good reviews about 303 Aerospace Protectant, anyone use this?

Chewy
06-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Yes and it's good but it's NOT water proof and it's very thin. (water like) The (coming soon) Super VRT is silicone free and water based and water proof! Pretty cool as well. Basically it won't turn rubber brown and cause vinyl to dry and shrink. VRT also has an SPF of around 30.

SRG963
06-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Waterproof no, water resistant, yes. They call it water repellency, lol

I'm using VRT (old formula) now, and it works great. Stopped my sunroof from squeaking.

Wonder if we can mix the old VRT with the new....

When is the SVRT coming out anyways? I want some :)

icantdrive55
06-10-2010, 03:16 AM
[QUOTE=

More details please, was it Wurth?[/QUOTE]

Yep - Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick 75ml $10.95

Tommy G
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I'd stay away from ANYTHING with Silicone in it. Sounds like the Wurth is silicone free which is good.

For anyone that may already have it, Adams VRT is also silicon free and works VERY well. (used it)

Chris

Why do you consider silicone bad? I googled it and could not find a viable reason why silicone is harmful in any way to a car care product. In fact, this is what I found:

http://www.carcareadvice.co.uk/faq/tools-and-kit/is-silicone-bad.htm

the third post here: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7368

and copied from here:http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cfm?faqCat=General%20Questions&faqQuestionID=19&section=_19

"The fear and confusion surrounding this single ingredient, silicone, is an ongoing problem people run into when they get caught up in the hype and misinformation spread from person to person, generation to generation and now-a-days, on the internet, which exaggerates the problems surrounding the use of silicones in car care products.

There are some sources that even go so far to say that silicones are harmful to paint. This is not only dishonest; it calls into question the credibility of that resource and any and all claims they make. Silicone is inert. It cannot harm paint, let alone anything else it is formulated into, or sitting on top of, especially in the form of a coating of wax."

1SVELTEPony
07-07-2010, 10:48 AM
(EDIT) Ooops, Just read your were looking in stores, I've never seen it in a store. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=08930128&utm_source=goog_product&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=08930128

Chewy
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
This pretty much says it all IMO...

Problem is... What does the product you use with silicone have? Good or bad?

Ever see peoples tires that are brown? I see it all the time. It comes from silicone use.

Is silicone bad? I'm not sure... I've seen some bad results from people who used products like armor-all for years though.

I like the silicone free products that offer an SPF.

I like to play it safe.

Adams has silicone in their polishes. EVERYONE does. It's part of the polymers they use.

Chris

Tommy G
07-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Personally, I don't use a specific tire dressing, although I have used them in the past, but very sparingly. I'd rather have a very clean like new looking tire. Wesley's bleach white takes care of that.

I always thought it was the thick, gel-like tire dressings that attracted dirt and went brown. Silicone itself doesn't turn brown, it is either milky white or clear and non-reactive to oxidants. Its the formulations that leave a thick greasy film that attract dirt, especially brake dust. whether or not they contain silicone I don't think has any effect regarding browning/oxidizing. It may be the carrier solvents or emulsifiers used to include silicone, but those are often used in formulas without silicone as well. Besides that, oxidized rubber is carbon black, not brown in my experience.

I do, however use a pure silicone spray to clean and lube rubber door seals and weatherstripping. Works great, no browning.

Chewy
07-08-2010, 05:19 AM
That's what's great about this country... We can all do what we want.

Chris

jnak
07-08-2010, 06:27 AM
The owner's manual says to use silicone grease on the weatherstrips. I've never had an issue with the weatherstripping after using it.

Chewy
07-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Ok the below info came from a guy in the industry. I believe this to be true and factual. IMO it makes the most sense of anything I've read.

The problem most typically associated with it in the past is that products containing silicone also contained alcohol to dry the product out, the side effect was that it also dried out the material which it was sitting on, for example your dash. This would lead to cracking, discoloration, peeling, etc.

Silicone itself isn't that bad, but it does attract lots of dirt, is difficult to remove etc. It also in a lot of forms tends to be greasy, slippery, and very shiny. Most of your ULTRA high gloss tire shines have tons of silicone in them. The browning comes from the product being used over time, seeping into the surface, and attracting dirt. If its cleaned off regularly and reapplied its not an issue, but continual reapplications can be trouble.

Make sense?

Silicone isn't the DEVIL, if used in proper context it has its place, but problems arise when its used incorrectly or in excess.

I'll stay away from it for the dirt aspect. Also because it offers NO SPF to keep the rubber in A1 condition for years. There are several good quality (read pricey) dressings out there that offer silicone free AND an SPF. Adams Super VRT is only one of them. It's water based AND water resistant which means it beads off the water and doesn't attract dust all while offering an SPF of around 40. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Silicone IS a no-no around body shops though. You won't find a can of it in any good shops and not at all environmentally friendly.

Chris

Tommy G
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Makes sense to me. It was kinda what I was saying anyway. I only really use a very light application of Meg's LRV on a rare occasion after deep cleaning. It does attract some dust, not bad, and it cleans off easily. Don't really care too much about a SPF on tires, They wont last long on my car anyways, lol.

Adams looks like good stuff though, I may try it someday.

Chewy
07-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Makes sense to me. It was kinda what I was saying anyway. I only really use a very light application of Meg's LRV on a rare occasion after deep cleaning. It does attract some dust, not bad, and it cleans off easily. Don't really care too much about a SPF on tires, They wont last long on my car anyways, lol.

Adams looks like good stuff though, I may try it someday.

I offer this all the time... If you want to try something, let me know. I have at least one of everything he sells. It's NOT snake oil. It's damn good stuff with an amazing guarantee and they're there to help you too!

With the SVRT I notice NO issues with dirt. It's a VERY low sheen which makes everything just POP!

As for SPF on the tires... Nah... I'm talking for all the trim pieces and interior pieces. The leather conditioner has an SPF of 60.

Chris

WhiteDeathLSX
09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
I ordered the Wurth gel stick online and my $$$ was reimbursed 3 days later. Reason?..... VOM
what is VOM, you ask? "Volatile Organic Material" which cannot be shipped to California. What the heck????? :(