PDA

View Full Version : Pssst, it's a secret, but here's the Commodore Series 2

chroma7
06-07-2010, 12:49 PM
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/pssst-its-a-secret-but-heres-the-commodore-series-2-20100607-xqsi.html

GeoffA
06-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Nice PONTIAC steering wheel

BlueJacket
06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
I like this part.
The new model was seen and photographed by an ''avid fan, of Oakleigh'', who tailed the car as it left a parking bay, and reported a distinctive ''whistle'' emanating from under the bonnet - a tell-tale the Commodore could have a turbocharged engine in its range, giving Holden a rival to Ford's Falcon XR6 Turbo. I bet he is just hearing the crappy alternator. :)

Panzer Leader
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I like this part. I bet he is just hearing the crappy alternator. :)

My bet is the AC compressor.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I like the higher placement of the audio screen, but the knobs are still down low so it's really not a good design. Since it's left hand drive my guess is that it might be a new Impala SS or another GM car.

Seattle09GT
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I like the higher placement of the audio screen, but the knobs are still down low so it's really not a good design. Since it's left hand drive my guess is that it might be a new Impala SS or another GM car.

Well this leaves me to wonder. We didn't get DVD Nav as an option on the G8 because of the screen placement. Under US regulations it has to be higher up so you keep your eyes on the road. It cost too much money for a near bankrupt GM to do a US specific interior so - well that's the way it is and will always will be.

But I do find it interesting that the screen has now moved up to a higher point to better serve international distribution - things that make you go - hmmm....

Crazy Paul
06-07-2010, 02:16 PM

It's possibly a surplus G8 from when the export program was abruptly cancelled. Holden could then be using it as a test mule to try out various new configs. The centre "waterfall design" section of console is the same for either left or right hand drive.
P.S. I just read the existing VE/G8 sports centre console was designed in 2002 and fully signed off in 2003.

BlueJacket
06-07-2010, 04:14 PM
It's possibly a surplus G8 from when the export program was abruptly cancelled. Holden could then be using it as a test mule to try out various new configs. The centre "waterfall design" section of console is the same for either left or right hand drive.
P.S. I just read the existing VE/G8 sports centre console was designed in 2002 and fully signed off in 2003.

That was what I was thinking too.

mi04se1
06-08-2010, 06:40 AM
An Aussie on the other board said a reason for the screen being higher might be because in the VF they are going to be touchscreen.

markpetersonii
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Looks cool but the huge circle vents look like a G6...

vert
06-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice PONTIAC steering wheel

+1 on that, plus it is sad to see it on what could have been the next generation of G8's.
I take it no exterior shots!

youngrushhour
06-09-2010, 07:50 AM
An Aussie on the other board said a reason for the screen being higher might be because in the VF they are going to be touchscreen.

Hopefully we can replace ours with this new one.