PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous wiring... tps pickup and rpm pickup

shane
06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
ok got the kit about 80% done gonna finish it saturday..

need to wire my nx tps box to the throttle body for signal and my msd digital window swtich to a rpm pickup..

i know on the eariler cars the wire of choice for rpm was the light green wire on passenger coil pack assembly. was wanting to keep the wires all to driver side so same type signal wire on the driver side is what im neededing to know..

Tweaky
06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Mine is a GXP, but doubt it is much different. RPM signal: No clue which wire on the driver side, but Light blue and white on the connector on the passenger side coil bracket, top side of the connector, wire is top row, 2nd from rear. TPS signal: connector is on driver side of the TB, dark green wire, top rear.

shane
06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Mine is a GXP, but doubt it is much different. RPM signal: No clue which wire on the driver side, but Light blue and white on the connector on the passenger side coil bracket, top side of the connector, wire is top row, 2nd from rear. TPS signal: connector is on driver side of the TB, dark green wire, top rear.
ok the dark green one is pin d which is tp sensor signal 1 which i thought from the get go(havent tested it) but then was told it was the 5 volt ref wire which is gray. so ill go to the dark green then for the tps...

looks like on the passenger side coil pack connector BU/WH is ignition control 6.. so thats will work then?

thanks !

Tweaky
06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Those are what are plugged into my FJO controller, and it comes on at the right time (WOT and 3k), and shuts down at 6500...so I am guessing they are right :).

shane
06-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Those are what are plugged into my FJO controller, and it comes on at the right time (WOT and 3k), and shuts down at 6500...so I am guessing they are right :).

thanks!

locrzn#92
06-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Come on Shane, get it done. LOL

shane
06-06-2010, 09:56 PM
It's working did plenty of test pulls tonight ended up with a 57/28 for jets 125 shot

11.5-12.0 no knock and the car pulls hard

shane
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM
ever get a TB acuator code at all? mine will pop a cel once in awhile but it all works...
soildered to the green wire at the tb connection.

Tweaky
06-07-2010, 08:52 AM
No codes for me...yet

wnt2gofst
06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Shane how much timing did you pull for the 125 shot?

shane
06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
im at 20*..... 57/28 11.5-12.0 AFR pulled 5* from my na tune.. no knock at ALL

Started with 52/31 then went to 52/28 then up the n2o jet

shane
06-07-2010, 09:30 AM
No codes for me...yet
hmmm weird... yea did the green wire which is the tps signal 1 wire and connected..

Tweaky
06-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Mine isn't soldered, just one of those screwy squeeze on splice/tap dealies.

shane
06-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Mine isn't soldered, just one of those screwy squeeze on splice/tap dealies.

WEIRD... YEA all my connections are soldered....

eh well it works.

Mlozano
06-18-2010, 02:44 PM
im at 20*..... 57/28 11.5-12.0 AFR pulled 5* from my na tune.. no knock at ALL

Started with 52/31 then went to 52/28 then up the n2o jet

Have you considered the HSW Interface Controller instead of flashing your ECM every time you wan to use the bottle.

Tweaky
06-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Does the MicroEdge have a way to pull timing? That is the only thing that is different in my tunes for N/A vs spray. May have to fiddle with shift points once I get my stall in...gets awful close to rev limiter now when spraying, with stall, it may hit it.

Mlozano
06-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Does the MicroEdge have a way to pull timing? That is the only thing that is different in my tunes for N/A vs spray. May have to fiddle with shift points once I get my stall in...gets awful close to rev limiter now when spraying, with stall, it may hit it.

The micro edge doesn't pull timing, the interface controller pulls timing and also gives you the option the add more fuel (if your using a dry system), as for the stall converter, i'm pretty sure you have get tuned anyway.

Tweaky
06-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok, they are different. All I could find at the Harris website was the MicroEdge. It seems like the Interface Controller has been pulled, and there are a lot of posts about having to send them back for service. Not sure I would trust my motor to it just yet. I am happy with my FJO Progressive Mini-Controller, and swapping tunes (only takes 2 minutes). VMS is working up tunes for my car with headers and converter added...once I get them here and installed anyhow.

wnt2gofst
06-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Ok, they are different. All I could find at the Harris website was the MicroEdge. It seems like the Interface Controller has been pulled, and there are a lot of posts about having to send them back for service. Not sure I would trust my motor to it just yet. I am happy with my FJO Progressive Mini-Controller, and swapping tunes (only takes 2 minutes). VMS is working up tunes for my car with headers and converter added...once I get them here and installed anyhow.

I had the interface timing controller and it didnt work and had to send it in. This is why i got a Nitrous tune. I lost a few HP/TQ n/a but it was worth it to me to have the nitrous tuned right. After i sent interface in they said oh it was fine but here is yoru money back...When before they said if it was good they would send it back to me..Kinda fishy if ask me. But all is good now.

Mlozano
06-20-2010, 06:48 AM

It hasn't been pulled, it's on their front page, 10th item down. I had to send mine back and it looks this one isn't working either. If it does go down in the middle of the spray it's not going cut everything off so wouldn't worry too much about that, either way it's no good unless you can get it to work. :-(

wnt2gofst
06-20-2010, 07:03 AM
It hasn't been pulled, it's on their front page, 10th item down. I had to send mine back and it looks this one isn't working either. If it does go down in the middle of the spray it's not going cut everything off so wouldn't worry too much about that, either way it's no good unless you can get it to work. :-(

Wow i think it is an issue with our cars that they arent working. The maf harness i think is diff then the LS3/LS7. The have no option for teh L76 but they told me didnt matter to just order for those two. After sent it back said tested good on a G8 but i tested on mine and my friends and it didnt work. I had no lights on at all. What was your issue with it.

Mlozano
06-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Wow i think it is an issue with our cars that they arent working. The maf harness i think is diff then the LS3/LS7. The have no option for teh L76 but they told me didnt matter to just order for those two. After sent it back said tested good on a G8 but i tested on mine and my friends and it didnt work. I had no lights on at all. What was your issue with it.

Same thing for mine, no lights on any of the units, i remember the first time i sent it back i checked the voltage coming out of the stock MAF harness and compared it to the voltage coming out the interface harness and the wire's weren't matching up. I mentioned this to them but it was so long ago i can't remember the exact problem i noticed was, either way the lights weren't coming on so i sent it back,

wnt2gofst
06-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Same thing for mine, no lights on any of the units, i remember the first time i sent it back i checked the voltage coming out of the stock MAF harness and compared it to the voltage coming out the interface harness and the wire's weren't matching up. I mentioned this to them but it was so long ago i can't remember the exact problem i noticed was, either way the lights weren't coming on so i sent it back,

Yep same thing. Liek said tehy told me it was tested on a G8 but it was fine. They origanilly told me they woudl send back to me if it was good but then sent me message saying they was refunding my money. I think they had a mistake in teh wiring or something. This why i went ahead and got a true N2O tune.

Mlozano
06-20-2010, 10:02 AM
There has to be an option for pulling timing, i have my system setup to run with the flip of a few swtiches. It's nice having Nitrous on demand, i only use when "i think i'm gonna need it" and it's not always on a track, i'd hate to lose power during normal driving.

What kind of power loss do you guys think i should expect from dropping 4 degrees off the timing (for a 125HP spray) with the tune while not using the NO2?

wnt2gofst
06-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I lost 8hp and 15tq with straight tune for the nitrous. My set up is a flip of a switch away also.