PDA

View Full Version : M6 Fluid Issue

bigo
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
So I changed my oil last Thursday and while I was under the hood I checked out the fluid to the cylinder next to the master cylinder (I believe it's the fluid for the clutch) and noticed debris in it. It definitly needs to be changed, but what I'm trying to figure out is? #1 Is this fluid for the clutch? #2 What type of fluid to change it out with? #3 How to do it?
The tech at the DIY shop said it was but I'd like a second opinion with my fellow GXPers.

RWD-V8
06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Search... many posts on this.

Basically you suck it out with a syringe, wipe clean, refill and pump the clutch 10 times. Repeat this like 8-10 time. I do it every oil change. If not you clutch may not release properly on a hole shot.... very ugly.

xp800
06-03-2010, 03:53 AM
I posted pics of the fluid flush procedure at the other forum.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpost.php?p=358329&postcount=52

If it's edited out by the moderator, go to post #52 of the thread titled 'Important read for M6 owners' on G8 Board dot com. It's in the GXP Talk section.

blue09gxp
06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
My fluid was dirty after 500 miles. It has 2000 miles on it now and ive had it flushed several times. The car is not driven hard at all and sits in a garage all of the time. I took it to the dealer and they flushed everything out and replaced the master cylinder because it had some debri in it they said.