PDA

View Full Version : River City Club G8, Richmond to Virginia Beach

gtxgp
06-02-2010, 11:32 AM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/group.php?groupid=8

As our numbers in the area of interested car enthusiasts continue to grow, a need to get together and share ideas and fun also grows. We need to get organized. I created a group within the community area of the site and those of you who are interested in meeting in places such as Williamsburg, Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News, and Richmond this is the place. Looking at the other groups on Facebook and GRRRR8.net, we seem to be just out of reach to make it worth our time to travel to such places.

Sign up and become a member....I have been a lurker and have seen at least 10 of us that are around. Once we get a good amount we can go from there. I look forward to meeting each one of you and share a common interest and good clean fun.

To subscribe, go to the group tools and select the subscribe function.

Steve Stockman
West End of Richmond, VA
2008 G8GT

kutza
06-02-2010, 03:04 PM
i'm in! keep me posted too.
Yorktown VA

2ltrgsr
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
im in newport news....i got the invitation

MGM GT
06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm all around the area...

gtxgp
06-02-2010, 05:36 PM
The more the merrier, If you want to join MGM GT please do so. When I was a member of a Grand Prix Club, I lived in Norfolk, Virginia and all the local chapters got together at some point from Richmond up to some in the DC area. I see there is a big group up in NorVA so pass the word, those interested can also join. One of the future goals is to look into going to Charlotte for the Autofair. They offered free entry for the weekend car show and we used to do it two times a year. Those were great times and good friendships were made.

Live A Little
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh oh....seems like someone is trying to recruit on our turf!!! Just kidding!!!

Just like the old saying...."if you build it, they will come". That's how I started our club up here. Come on Tidewater and Richmond!!! I started with a simple question last January and now, we are currently 33 members strong with club shirts, hats, stickers, custom logo covers, etc. If we can do it, so can you guys!!

Future prediction......Massive G8 Club meet!!!

2QUIK4U
06-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I live in Chesterfield. I would like to get together with some local members but I dont see many G8's around. I know a Richmond city police officer that has a black one a guy in Midlothian with a MGM one and another guy with a SRM. I also met a couple from Dinwiddie at the track that have a red GXP. Those are the only ones around here that I know of.

gtxgp
06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Are there any specific ideas where we can meet? I always check out Virginia Car Club Council http://www.carclubcouncil.com/cal.html to find ideas.

There is one new cruise in at Innsbrook on the West End at the Silver Diner that looks interesting. We here in Richmond can meet up and figure out some things to do.

# Saturdays - Cruise-In at the Innsbrook Silver Diner ~ The far west end's Newest Cruise-In! ~ Every Saturday night starting May 29 through October from 5:30pm - 9pm weather permitting. Good lighting, great food, plenty of indoor seating, and plenty of parking. The Innsbrook Silver Diner is a family restaurant located at 10890 West Broad Street (corner of Cox and Broad street in front of Innsbrook). All classic cruisers are welcome. Contact Terry Myers at 852-4825 or Denny Booth at 397-0552 for more info.