PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the tri-state area with headers and stock mufflers?

2StepsAhead
05-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Debating putting headers on my car...but I hate exhaust noise, I know everyone is gonna say yeah its quiet just do it but I have two cars I dont like driving on the highway already lol...dont wanna ruin the g8.

That said, anyone in the tri-state area care to meet up and let me ride shotgun in their car with headers and stock mufflers? Would prefer kooks/arh, but wouldnt mind hearing slp either.

mtolivecracker
05-29-2010, 11:36 AM
i have ARH to stock GT mufflers im in piscataway nj. but travel it huntington LI every now and then.

Mbower
05-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I have kooks headers and mid-pipe and stock mufflers.

2StepsAhead
05-29-2010, 04:27 PM
i have ARH to stock GT mufflers im in piscataway nj. but travel it huntington LI every now and then.

Im in Staten Island, right by the Outer bridge so just lmk when you'd be free and we can meet up somewhere.

youngrushhour
05-31-2010, 08:39 AM
I have ARH 1 7/8ths through Magnaflow axelbacks. I can tell you that the Magnaflows are really nice and quiet for the most part. Reason I went with them over other axelbacks is the quiet-ness.

Paniller
06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Don't forget you can always soundproof. Covering the backseat alone would probably be enough for a 50% sound level drop. It's only four 15mm bolts total.

My car went from "I'm gonna puke, pull over" to "thank you for taking the exhaust off" with just a little bit of soundproofing.

mtolivecracker
06-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Don't forget you can always soundproof. Covering the backseat alone would probably be enough for a 50% sound level drop. It's only four 15mm bolts total.

My car went from "I'm gonna puke, pull over" to "thank you for taking the exhaust off" with just a little bit of soundproofing.

Hey, im real close to you. can i see/hear what youre talking about one of these days. ill PM you my info.

2StepsAhead
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Anyone still? LOL, I would like to hear it before I pull the trigger which I would like to do soon.

mtolivecracker
06-03-2010, 07:47 AM
i might be roling through staten island satruday early afternoon

BATOYGIO
06-03-2010, 09:47 AM
where in ny are you

2StepsAhead
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
i might be roling through staten island satruday early afternoon

That'd be perfect, I might actually be doing my suspension that day...Ill pm you my number and if you are in the area/pass by maybe we can meet up.

where in ny are you

Staten Island.