PDA

View Full Version : The little HEMIs that couldnt

GRRRR8
11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Coming back from Circle D this afternoon I encountered a white Charger R/T as I was getting on 290. I see him in the mirror and then he makes his run to catch me. I slow down to 60 so I can be in M3 and here he comes jerking the gas pedal off. I point ahead as there is atleast a mile in both lanes and waited for him to hit it. As soon as he hit it I was GONE! It was never a race, but like most loser idiots he wants to keep trying. Finally from a 75mph roll he gets a run and this time I didnt lift till 150. I slowed down gave him the finger and left his ass again, but theres more! As I am getting closer to home I encounter a red 1! It has exhaust and stickers and he ignores me and I am fine with that. Just like the previous LOSER he makes a run to go flying by and I freeze him at the rear door and leave his ass too. He flashes his lights, I slow down to get off at my exit and he follows. We catch the light and he asks if its fast, I tell him thats what the plate says. He tells me how he is not impressed and I will find out when the light changes. I remind him that he was the idiot that tried the chicken shit way in the 1st place! The light turns green and by 110 mph I was at least 15 out in front. He busted a U turn under the freeway to avoid the next light! LOSER!!! LMAO!!

Mbower
11-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Coming back from Circle D this afternoon I encountered a white Charger R/T as I was getting on 290. I see him in the mirror and then he makes his run to catch me. I slow down to 60 so I can be in M3 and here he comes jerking the gas pedal off. I point ahead as there is atleast a mile in both lanes and waited for him to hit it. As soon as he hit it I was GONE! It was never a race, but like most loser idiots he wants to keep trying. Finally from a 75mph roll he gets a run and this time I didnt lift till 150. I slowed down gave him the finger and left his ass again, but theres more! As I am getting closer to home I encounter a red 1! It has exhaust and stickers and he ignores me and I am fine with that. Just like the previous LOSER he makes a run to go flying by and I freeze him at the rear door and leave his ass too. He flashes his lights, I slow down to get off at my exit and he follows. We catch the light and he asks if its fast, I tell him thats what the plate says. He tells me how he is not impressed and I will find out when the light changes. I remind him that he was the idiot that tried the chicken shit way in the 1st place! The light turns green and by 110 mph I was at least 15 out in front. He busted a U turn under the freeway to avoid the next light! LOSER!!! LMAO!!

lol thats some serious shit. 150!

Kermit
11-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Up to 150!! You have bigger balls than I do my friend. :brock:

jbradsh1
11-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Charlie, you crack me up! It reminds me of the H2 days when we had our bikes tricked out with chambers, etc. Wasn't a Z1, or anything else for that matter, that could touch us. But there were a lot of guys who "had never been beat", until...

GRRRR8
11-09-2008, 05:56 PM
It gets there pretty quick from a roll and I slowed down quickly too. I have a lot of hi speed driving experience and I know the car, but I havent had a ticket in years and sure didnt want one today! I wish I could just let people go, but I refuse to let them believe that they beat me or I was scared.

jbradsh1
11-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, if they don't get the idea right away, I'm sure running you will convince them in short order!

Mike P
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Nice race story Charlie, I wish I could have seen that. :)

GT-610
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
love this shit!

G8V8
11-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Way to go Charlie. Great runs. Some guys just ask for it and they get what they deserve.

GRRRR8
11-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Now that I am older I find that I dont have these races as frequently as I did when I was younger. Then it was race anything! LOL Now if a person in a comparable car wants some, I give it to them!

Chewy
11-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Charlie, you crack me up! It reminds me of the H2 days when we had our bikes tricked out with chambers, etc. Wasn't a Z1, or anything else for that matter, that could touch us. But there were a lot of guys who "had never been beat", until...

you hit the curves...:whipit:

GRRRR8
11-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I grew up on the curves! LOL That is what all the Pedders Track II is for. I made some hi speed overpass runs yesterday to get a feel of the car and it did very well, not as good as it will when its all done, but 125mph on an overpass that is very sharp was a good shake down for feel.

Chewy
11-10-2008, 07:44 AM
I grew up on the curves! LOL That is what all the Pedders Track II is for. I made some hi speed overpass runs yesterday to get a feel of the car and it did very well, not as good as it will when its all done, but 125mph on an overpass that is very sharp was a good shake down for feel.

Look at the post I quoted Charlie... :whistle:

Good kill! :woohoo:

GRRRR8
11-10-2008, 07:50 AM
LOL. I might want to slow down when reading!

R.Penguin
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Up to 150!! You have bigger balls than I do my friend. :brock:
As Charlie will no doubt agree, 150 isn't that rough. It's getting to 160 that seems to take awhile. The G8 seems rock solid at speed, but I don't think I would try any sharp turns. :p

jbradsh1
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Now that I am older I find that I dont have these races as frequently as I did when I was younger. Then it was race anything! LOL Now if a person in a comparable car wants some, I give it to them!

Acknowledged!

XSIV8
11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Nice kill! Sometimes it takes being humbled to snap back to reality lol..

Dr. Glock
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Nice kills, Charlie. I test drove the Charger SRT8 before I bought the G8. Performance was about equal, in my estimation. The G8 is just a sexy beast and a bout 13k less than the SRT8 tugboat.

-Ray-
11-11-2008, 03:34 AM
This will be my new plate.

jbradsh1
11-11-2008, 04:28 AM

That's throwing down the gauntlet! Ought to get some response from that. I like it!

MANOFSTEEL69
11-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Nice Charlie! I agree with you....This car has a great feel at high speeds, and I'll bet with your Pedders it's even better.

GRRRR8
11-11-2008, 05:03 AM

And they say I am a trouble maker! LOL

XSIV8
11-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Hehehehe...

GRRRR8
11-11-2008, 06:04 AM
SHHHHH! The HEMI Police are here! LMAO! :spc:

mjduell2009
11-11-2008, 06:04 AM

Nice job Charlie! How old was this guy? Kids always give me attitude when I beat them and then they bail before a rematch just like that guy did.

--Mike

GRRRR8
11-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Both were probably mid 30s. I just dont think they expected my car to be that fast. :first:

-Ray-
11-11-2008, 06:21 AM
And they say I am a trouble maker! LOL

They say it because it's true! LOL :)

I'm sorry, but if the hemi boys want to be on a GM site, they have to expect some ribbing.

GRRRR8
11-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Thats besides the point! You are "supposed" to set an example for a youngster oldtimer! LMAO!!!!

-Ray-
11-11-2008, 06:29 AM
I ain't setting examples you can't follow. LMAO!

GRRRR8
11-11-2008, 06:29 AM
I ain't setting examples you can't follow. LMAO!

Very good point! LOL

todds87ss
12-05-2008, 05:29 AM
290 makes a great racetrack! unless PoPO is out...

GRRRR8
12-05-2008, 05:39 AM
290 makes a great racetrack! unless PoPO is out...

I hadnt been out there in 10+ years and wasnt planning on any "activities" either, but I REFUSE to just let someone think they beat me. If you do, you do, but its never going to be because I didnt give it 110%!

bigtreepu
12-17-2008, 03:02 AM
Pretty hilarious that he asked you if it was fast......uhhh, duhh.....you should have replied....I just dusted you, what's your impression. Anyway, good kill!
~Matt