PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to remove this plate??(pic)

Acjames
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I am getting this rattling noise when cranking from a cold start. Upon closer inspection its coming from the passenger side pipe hitting the plate. Will it hurt anything to remove this plate or would it be better just to have the pipes readjusted. I only have ramps and its not easy for me to get under the car.

wreckwriter
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
That's called the driveshaft tunnel brace. It would be better to tweak the exhaust. You can put spacers under the brace up to about 3/16 but with a catback you shouldn't need to.

If you back onto the ramps you can get to that area pretty well I've found but if a shop installed the exhaust for you they should fix it for you. My catback never hit the brace but when I went to LTs the exhaust did hit the brace and I had to put spacers.

Acjames
11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanx for the help. The ramps i have are not high enuff to get under the car and adjust the exhaust. I tried for about 30 minutes and said elf it. I some washers there and it took care of the problem. thanx again.

-Ray-
11-10-2008, 04:02 AM
That's the Magnaflow cat back? Interesting color on the resonator. Hot spot in the center of it.

Acjames
11-10-2008, 04:27 AM
naaa thats not the magnaflow cat back. I didnt have a picture so i borrowed someone else's. The magnaflow cat back that i have has x-pipes and no resonator.