PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of this price?

fastrunna
05-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm giving heavy thought into picking up a 2009 G8 GT in Stryker Blue. A buddy of mines old man is getting ready to let his go as he wants to pick up a new Camaro...

He has kept it in great shape, the car has under 5k miles, has the premium package, no sport package, no sunroof and has the bluetooth option. He told me $26,750 firm. What do you guys think?

I saw a guy had a Stryker Blue listed on here for about $25,000 and it had the premium, sport and sunroof... I missed out on that one....

I think a factory new G8 GT like the one he is selling would have been around 31K and with incentives he may have picked it up for a few thousand dollars cheaper. It just doesn't feel like it would be that great of a deal but given the G8 GT's on the market it might not be to bad of price. Should I buy it or wait for a better deal?

Thanks

GRRRR8
05-24-2010, 07:02 PM
It is a little high, but only has 5k. If it is mint condition......you may want to snatch it up!

DRCUSTOMPARTS
05-24-2010, 07:13 PM
It seems a bit high but Kelley blue book says it's worth $28,590 private party value, so if you like it you better snag it. It seems our cars keep increasing in value, I bought mine for $20K used over a year ago and it's worth $24K. Not bad huh?

polo
05-24-2010, 08:31 PM
It depends what you're looking for. If you plan on modding it, there are some heavily modded G8's for sale on this board for quite a bit less than that. Buy one of those and it'll end up saving you a ton of money.

If you plan on keeping it stock, then finding one with that low of miles is probably getting tough to do.

MongosG8
05-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow that is low mileage! Like Charlie stated if its mint than you might want to jump on it.
They are hard to find now especially the Stryker Blue and the ones you do find have high mileage

travis gore
05-25-2010, 02:17 AM
it is a little high but it is Stryker Blue 1,111 were made. As some have said, if you are going to mod buy one already done or a start in the direction you are looking to go,time and $$$ saved

Seattle09GT
05-25-2010, 05:16 AM
It depends on where you live. If I take a look at Craig's List in Seattle/Tacoma that is a good deal. Dealers are selling V6 models with more miles and no sunroof for very close to same price (dealer will charge more than private party). I think it's a good deal, but I never pay full asking price for a car, ask for a lower price, worse thing they can say is, "no."

If it has the Bluetooth then it is a 2009.5 with all of the little improvements that come with the 2009.5 model too, something to consider.

I have a buddy who has a G8 GT with 5.8K miles - mine is only at 10.6K - so it is low miles for a one year old car but not all that unusual to find garage queen fodder with less than 10K on the clock.

fastrunna
05-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks guys. I'll let you know what happens!

r33pwrd
05-25-2010, 07:09 AM
It seems a bit high but Kelley blue book says it's worth $28,590 private party value, so if you like it you better snag it. It seems our cars keep increasing in value, I bought mine for $20K used over a year ago and it's worth $24K. Not bad huh?

Ya but these cars are not selling worth a shit... I have been watching multiple cars for over a month and they simply are not selling. I dont see how KBB goes up on them?? Unless the only ones selling are from stealerships?

AL@G8R
05-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm giving heavy thought into picking up a 2009 G8 GT in Stryker Blue. A buddy of mines old man is getting ready to let his go as he wants to pick up a new Camaro...

He has kept it in great shape, the car has under 5k miles, has the premium package, no sport package, no sunroof and has the bluetooth option. He told me $26,750 firm. What do you guys think?

I saw a guy had a Stryker Blue listed on here for about $25,000 and it had the premium, sport and sunroof... I missed out on that one....

I think a factory new G8 GT like the one he is selling would have been around 31K and with incentives he may have picked it up for a few thousand dollars cheaper. It just doesn't feel like it would be that great of a deal but given the G8 GT's on the market it might not be to bad of price. Should I buy it or wait for a better deal?

Thanks

:popo:Hey brother she's back up on the market!!!:popo:

Godzilla213
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
buy it. they are going for over 30k here.

vert
05-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I would pick it up since it was an older gent that drove it. If you buy one that is modded, good chance it has been ran hard more than a few times. It would ease my mind.

Crazy8
05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Buy it. Stryker Blue is rare and the miles are low.

thebeast
05-27-2010, 07:23 PM
definately get it.

AL@G8R
05-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Get it from me! mine has 23XX miles, prem., sport and moonroof, OEM Holden all season mats and OEM Holden roof spoiler (not installed)...:first:

I can't do 25k anymore, sorry for being a whore, 25k was a "feeler" price.

If you guys have an 87 Grand National of equal or higher value i'll trade and give extra $$$!:cool2:

fastrunna
06-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Well gents - got the check from the credit union today! I bought her ;) I'll post pics when I get the car! I'll be starting a thread about what mods I should do/get first!

DRCUSTOMPARTS
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Congrats on getting a G8! No need to start a thread on which mods to do first, a CAI and a tune are the best bang for the buck. Plus it's been said here hundreds of times, so we don't need another thread about the same info.

polo
06-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice! Congrats!

G8GT721
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Congrats!!!
CAI, exhaust & tune a great place to start

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

silver6.0L
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Congrats on the purchase!

jzpiano
06-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Nice choice of color, welcome to the SBM club!

fastrunna
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Congrats on getting a G8! No need to start a thread on which mods to do first, a CAI and a tune are the best bang for the buck. Plus it's been said here hundreds of times, so we don't need another thread about the same info.

Lol... haha... Ok ok... And yes that is exactly where I was going to start (intake and tune). I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a VMS Tune but I'm not sure which intake to go with! I'm looking at the following:

1) Roto-fab - I love the looks of the carbon fiber set-up. There seems to be a ton of good reviews and one negative one (posted in the review section where the poster isn't to happy paying $300 for the results he got) - thoughts?

2) The VaraRam - Many good reviews and I think (from what I've read) it gives the best HP increase? I'm not as thrilled with the looks of the VaraRam but looks aren't everything ;)

3) The Volant - Like the looks, not to many reviews though...

I'm nuts when it comes to picking things out when presented with several choices so I'll need some opinions! haha...

travis gore
06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Congrats on the G8!!!! Nice color. Let the modding begin!

jaxredg8
06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Congrats!!

usmcswong8
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
i think thats a pretty decent price, especially if its local. i was about to fly to another state and get one back then.

AL@G8R
01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Amazing, 2 years and 5k miles later i can still sell her for $25k...:cheers: